- Take a Walk in Imperial Citadel and Ruined Forbidden City of Ancient Hue Vietnam
- Learn about life of the Kings, their Wives, Concubines & Eunuchs with local expert
- Visiting the most famous, the nicest and Oldest pagoda in Hue named Thien Mu
- Learning about the importance of Buddhism to our local community in Vietnam
- Enjoying Refreshing Dragon Boat Trip on Romantic Perfume River (Huong River)
- Enjoy delicious Hue Local Specialties Food or vegetarian lunch cooked in Pagoda
- Visiting Best Royal Tombs of the Emperors to learn about Vietnamese Royalty
Hue City Tour 1 Day
Hue City Tour - The Best Tours in Vietnam if you love to learn about History of the Country and understand about Vietnamese Royal Culture with Local Expert. We visit all the Best Tourist Attractions in Hue: Imperial Citadel, Forbidden City, Thien Mu Pagoda & 3 Royal Tombs of Kings: Minh Mang - Tu Duc - Khai Dinh.
8.30am: Our informative tour guide & driver pick you up from your Hue City Hotel (or Arrival Time at Phu Bai International Airport) for Hue City Full Day Tour. We start with a visit to Hue Imperial Citadel (built from 1804 - 1833 by 2 first Emperors of the Nguyen Dynasty). The Area with 9 Holy Cannons, Huge Flag Tower, Supreme Harmony Palace, Nine Dynastic Urns, Dynastic Temple,... to the Ruined Forbidden Purple City. The area took 29 years for 2 Kings to build from 1804 to 1833, many of the buildings were destroyed by bombs during the French War and Amerian War, and nowaday they are under restoration. You will have chance to learn about daily life of the Emperors with their wives - concubines - eunuchs.
We then pay a visit to The Oldest and Most Well-known Pagoda in Hue named Thien Mu, a beautiful Buddhist Pagoda located on a hill overlooking to the Perfume River built in 1601 by the first founder of the Nguyen Family in Central Vietnam - Nguyen Hoang. Here you also find an old car and picture of a Buddhist Monk, who set himself in fire in 1963 to protest against Diem's Gorvernment of South Vietnam for Free Religion.
After visiting 7 Floor Thien Mu Pagoda, we will enjoy Refreshing Dragon Boat Trip on Perfume River down to harbor, where our friendly driver will meet and take you to Buddhist Pagoda for our Amazing Vegetarian lunch cooked and served in Pagoda or Hue Local Specialty Food for Lunch in Local Restaurant (Please confirm when booking).
We continue our Hue City Tour 1 Day with a visit to Tomb of King Tu Duc (built from 1864 - 1867), one the the Most Beautiful Tomb of the Nguyen Emperors in Hue. This tomb was also used as summer palace where Tu Duc sometimes lived and worked. Then we can make a quick stop in Conical Hat and Incense Making Workshop to learn how local people here has been making for their living with traditional craft.
Our Hue 1 Day Tour continues with a visit the most majestic Tomb of Emperor Minh Mang (1841 - 1843) – The Tomb is famous for landscape and Oriental Architecture. This tomb was planned and started by Minh Mang but built by his successor - King Thieu Tri, from begining of 1841 to1843.
Our final Place today will be the most elaborated Tomb of King Khai Dinh (built from 1920 - 1931), this is the smallest tomb (48.5X117m) of the Nguyen Emperors, but took the longest time and cost a lot of money to build. This is only 1 tomb built with blended architecture of Oriental & Western Styles.
After King Khai Dinh Tomb, our driver and tour guide will drop you back to hotel and finish our fantastic Hue City Sightseeing Tour with Perfume River Cruise at about 4.00pm-4.30pm.
Other Options for Hue City Tour:
3 – 4
Price / Person
Tour Inclusions: Private Transfers Air-condinioner Car or Mini Van, Private Dragon Boat Cruise on Perfume River, Private Friendly & Knowledgeable English Speaking Tour Guide, Vegetarian Food in Pagoda or Hue Local Specialty Food for Lunch (please confirm when booking).
Tour Exclusions: Personal Expenses, Entrance Tickets (530.000vnd/person for Combo of Citadel + 3 Royal Tombs or 420.000vnd/person for Combo of Citadel + 2 Tombs), Drinks on Tour (available to purchase), Tip for tour guide and driver, Things not mentioned clearly.
- Decent clothes or prepairing scarf/Sarong to cover your shoulders and knees are recommended for temples visit please.
- Please inform us if you would like to have Hue Specialty Food in Local Restaurant for lunch instead (Non Vegetarian).
- This itinerary is flexible. Please contact our travel consultant to customize your own itinerary for this Best Hue City Tour.
Other Hue Tours You Might Like
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Learn about Life of Eunuchs in the Nguyen Dynasty of Vietnam
- Tu Hieu Pagoda – House for the Tombs of the Eunuchs in Hue
- Stop All Passenger Flights to Vietnam in the Fight of nCoV
- Son La Tourism: Indulge in the Beauty of Chieng Khoa Waterfall
- Close Tourist Attractions in Ho Chi Minh City in the nCoV Fight
- Ho Chi Minh City: Urgent Notice Regard to Buddha Bar Outbreak