- Take a Walk in Imperial Citadel and Ruined Forbidden City of Hue Vietnam
- Learning about Vietnamese royal family before and after life with local expert
- Visiting the most famous and Oldest pagoda in Hue named Thien Mu
- Enjoying Refreshing Dragon Boat Trip on Romantic Perfume River
- Learning about importance of Buddhism to our local life in Vietnam
- Enjoy delicious Hue Local Specialties or vegetarian lunch cooked in Pagoda
Hue City Tour 1 Day
Hue City Tour - The Best Tours in Vietnam if you love to learn about History of the Country and understand about Vietnamese Royal Culture with Local Expert. Visiting All The Best Tourist Attractions in Hue: Imperial Citadel, Forbidden City, Thien Mu Pagoda & 3 Royal Tombs of Kings: Minh Mang - Tu Duc - Khai Dinh.
8.30am: Our informative tour guide & driver pick you up from your Hue City Hotel (or Arrival Time at Phu Bai International Airport) for Hue City Full Day Tour. We start with a visit to Hue Imperial Citadel (built from 1804 - 1833 by 2 first Emperors of the Nguyen Dynasty). The Area with 9 Holy Cannons, Huge Flag Tower, Supreme Harmony Palace, Nine Dynastic Urns, Dynastic Temple,... to the Ruined Forbidden Purple City. The area took 29 years for 2 Kings to build from 1804 to 1833, most of the buildings were destroyed by bombs during the French War and Amerian War, and nowaday they are under restoration.
We then pay a visit to The Oldest and Most Well-known Pagoda in Hue named Thien Mu, a beautiful Buddhist Pagoda located on a hill overlooking to the Perfume River built in 1601 by the first founder of the Nguyen Family in Central Vietnam - Nguyen Hoang. Here you also find an old car and picture of a Buddhist Monk, who set himself in fire in 1963 to protest against Diem's Gorvernment of South Vietnam for Free Religion.
After visiting 7 Floor Thien Mu Pagoda, we will enjoy Refreshing Dragon Boat Trip on Perfume River down to harbor, where our friendly driver will meet and take you to Buddhist Pagoda for our Amazing Vegetarian lunch cooked and served in Pagoda (you can choose to have Hue Local Specialty Food for Lunch instead if you wish - Please confirm when booking).
We continue our Hue City Tour 1 Day with a visit to King Tu Duc Tomb (built from 1864 - 1867), one the the Most Beautiful Tomb of the Nguyen Emperors in Hue. Then we can make a quick stop in Conical Hat and Incense Making Workshop to learn how local people here has been making for their living with traditional craft.
Our Hue 1 Day Tour continues with a visit the most majestic Tomb of Emperor Minh Mang (1841 - 1843) – The Tomb is famous for landscape and Oriental Architecture. This tomb was planned and started by Minh Mang but built by his successor - King Thieu Tri, from begining of 1841 to1843.
Our final Place today will be the most elaborated Tomb of King Khai Dinh (built from 1920 - 1931), this is the smallest tomb (48.5X117m) of the Nguyen Emperors, but took the longest time and cost a lot of money to build. This is only 1 tomb built with blended architecture of Oriental & Western Styles.
After King Khai Dinh Tomb, our driver and tour guide will drop you back to hotel and finish our fantastic Hue City Sightseeing Tour with Perfume River Cruise at about 4.00pm-4.30pm.
Other Options for Hue City Tour:
3 – 4
Price / Person
Tour Inclusions: Private Transfers Air-condinioner Car or Mini Van, Private Dragon Boat Cruise on Perfume River, Private Friendly & Knowledgeable English Speaking Tour Guide, Vegetarian Food in Pagoda or Hue Local Specialty Food for Lunch (please confirm when booking).
Tour Exclusions: Personal Expenses, Entrance Tickets (530.000vnd/person for Combo of Citadel + 3 Royal Tombs or 420.000vnd/person for Combo of Citadel + 2 Tombs), Drinks on Tour (available to purchase), Tip for tour guide and driver, Things not mentioned clearly.
- Decent clothes or prepairing scarf to cover your shoulders and knees are recommended for temples visit please.
- Please inform us if you would like to have Hue Local Specialty Food for lunch instead of Vegetarian (non vegetarian).
- This itinerary is flexible. Please contact our travel consultant to customize your own itinerary for this Best Hue City Tour.
Other Hue Tours You Might Like
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Best Ways to Get from Hue to Hoi An and Vice Versa
- Main Programs and Schedule of Hue Festival 2020
- Hue Sightseeing Ticket Price in 2020
- Tu Lan Caves System - the Unreal World in Central Vietnam
- Mui Ne Beach: Vietnam's Best Sand Dunes in Phan Thiet City
- Ru Cha Mangrove Forest - Discovering pristine beauty of Hue Countryside