- Take a Walk in Imperial Citadel and Ruined Forbidden City of Ancient Hue Vietnam
- Learn about life of the Kings; their wives, concubines & eunuchs with local expert
- Visiting the most famous, the nicest and Oldest pagoda in Hue named Thien Mu
- Learning about the importance of Buddhism to our local community in Vietnam
- Enjoying Refreshing Dragon Boat Trip on Romantic Perfume River (Huong River)
- Enjoy delicious Hue Local Specialties Food or vegetarian lunch cooked in Pagoda
- Visiting Best Royal Tombs of the Emperors to learn about Vietnamese Royalty
Hue City Tour 1 Day
8.30am: Our informative tour guide & friendly driver pick you up from your Hue City Hotel (or Arrival Gate at Phu Bai International Airport / Hue Train Station) for Hue City Private Tour. Today we will have Full Day Tour to discover the Best Hue World Heritage Sites and learn about Vietnamese History and Royal Culture with:
Hue Imperial Citadel: Built from 1804 - 1833 by 2 first Emperors of the Nguyen Dynasty - Gia Long & Minh Mang, area with 9 Holy Cannons, Huge Flag Tower, Supreme Harmony Palace, Nine Dynastic Urns, Dynastic Temple, Ruined Forbidden Purple City,... . These constructions took 29 years to build, but many of the buildings were destroyed by bombs during the French War and American War, and nowaday they are under restoration. In here, our tour guide will explain to you about daily life of the Emperors with their wives - concubines - eunuchs as well as the history of country and region.
Continue our Hue Private City Tour to Thien Mu Pagoda (Pagoda of the Celestial Lady), a beautiful Buddhist Pagoda located on a hill overlooking to the Perfume River built in 1601 by the first founder of the Nguyen Family in Central Vietnam - Nguyen Hoang. Here you also find an old car and picture of a Buddhist Monk, who set himself in fire in 1963 to protest against Diem's Gorvernment of South Vietnam for Free Religion.
After visiting 7 Floor Thien Mu Pagoda, we will enjoy Refreshing Dragon Boat Trip on Perfume River down to harbor, where our friendly driver will meet and take you to Vietnamese Lunch. You can choose Vegetarian lunch cooked and served in Pagoda or Hue Local Specialty Food for Lunch in Local Restaurant - Please confirm when booking.
We continue our City Tour Hue 1 Day with a visit to Tomb of King Tu Duc (built from 1864 - 1867), one the the Most Beautiful Tomb of the Nguyen Emperors in Hue. This tomb was also used as summer palace where Tu Duc sometimes lived and worked. Then we can make a quick stop in a Traditional Conical Hat and Incense Making Workshop to learn how local people here has been making for their living with traditional craft.
Our Hue City Tour 1 Day continues with a visit the most majestic Tomb of Emperor Minh Mang (1841 - 1843) – The Tomb is famous for landscape and Oriental Architecture. This tomb was planned and started by Minh Mang but built by his successor - King Thieu Tri, from begining of 1841 to1843.
Our final Place of Hue City Tour Full Day will be the most elaborated Tomb of King Khai Dinh (built from 1920 - 1931), this is the smallest tomb (48.5X117m) of the Nguyen Emperors, but took the longest time and cost a lot of money to build. This is only 1 tomb built with blended architecture of Oriental & Western Styles.
After King Khai Dinh Tomb, our tour guide and driver will drop you back to your hotel or anywhere in Hue City Center. We will finish our Best Hue City Sightseeing Tour with Perfume River Cruise at about 4:00pm-4:30pm, a perfect way to spend your 1 day to see Hue City of Vietnam.
Other Options for City Tour Hue You Might Like:
3 – 4
Price / Person
Tour Inclusions: Private Transfers Air-condinioner Car or Mini Van, Private Dragon Boat Cruise on Perfume River, Private Friendly & Knowledgeable English Speaking Tour Guide, Vegetarian Food in Pagoda or Hue Local Specialty Food for Lunch (please confirm when booking).
Tour Exclusions: Personal Expenses, Entrance Tickets to Citadel and Royal Tombs - Click to see (you can choose to visit Citadel with 3 Tombs or Citadel with 2 Tombs only), Drinks on Tour (available to purchase), Tip for tour guide and driver, Anythings not mentioned clearly.
- Decent clothes or prepairing scarf/Sarong to cover your shoulders and knees are recommended for temples visit please.
- Please inform us if you would like to have Hue Specialty Food in Local Restaurant for lunch instead (Non Vegetarian).
- This itinerary is flexible. Please contact our travel consultant to customize your own itinerary for this Best Hue City Tour.
Other Hue Tours You Might Like
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnam Stops Arrival Medical Declarations from April 27th
- Hanoi Airport Guide: Time Table of Vietnam Airlines Shuttle Bus
- Ho Chi Minh City is about to have a New Helicopter Tour
- Covid-19 Updated: Vietnam Fully Reopen Border for Tourism
- Vietnam Proposes to Fully Open for Tourism from March 15
- Vietnam Will Lift International Flights Restrictions from Feb 15