- Take a Walk in Imperial Citadel and Ruined Forbidden City of Ancient Hue Vietnam
- Learn about life of the Kings; their wives, concubines & eunuchs with local expert
- Visiting the most famous, the nicest and Oldest pagoda in Hue named Thien Mu
- Learning about the importance of Buddhism to our local community in Vietnam
- Enjoying Refreshing Dragon Boat Trip on Romantic Perfume River (Huong River)
- Enjoy delicious Hue Local Specialties Food or vegetarian lunch cooked in Pagoda
- Visiting Best Royal Tombs of the Emperors to learn about Vietnamese Royalty
Hue City Tour 1 Day
Hue City Tour is the Best Tours in Vietnam if you love to learn about History of the Country and understand about Vietnamese Royal Culture with Local Expert. On City Tour 1 Day, we will visit all Historical Sites in Hue: Imperial Citadel, Forbidden City, Thien Mu Pagoda & Royal Tombs of Minh Mang - Tu Duc - Khai Dinh.
8.30am: Our informative tour guide & driver pick you up from your Hue City Hotel (or Arrival Time at Phu Bai International Airport) for Hue City Private Tour. Today we will have Full Day Tour to discover Hue World Heritage Sites and learn about Vietnamese History and Royal Culture with:
Hue Imperial Citadel: (built from 1804 - 1833 by 2 first Emperors of the Nguyen Dynasty). The Area with 9 Holy Cannons, Huge Flag Tower, Supreme Harmony Palace, Nine Dynastic Urns, Dynastic Temple,... to the Ruined Forbidden Purple City. The area took 29 years for 2 Kings to build from 1804 to 1833, many of the buildings were destroyed by bombs during the French War and Amerian War, and nowaday they are under restoration. You will have chance to learn about daily life of the Emperors with their wives - concubines - eunuchs.
Continue our Hue Private City Tour to Thien Mu Pagoda (Pagoda of the Celestial Lady), a beautiful Buddhist Pagoda located on a hill overlooking to the Perfume River built in 1601 by the first founder of the Nguyen Family in Central Vietnam - Nguyen Hoang. Here you also find an old car and picture of a Buddhist Monk, who set himself in fire in 1963 to protest against Diem's Gorvernment of South Vietnam for Free Religion.
After visiting 7 Floor Thien Mu Pagoda, we will enjoy Refreshing Dragon Boat Trip on Perfume River down to harbor, where our friendly driver will meet and take you to Vietnamese Lunch. You can choose Vegetarian lunch cooked and served in Pagoda or Hue Local Specialty Food for Lunch in Local Restaurant - Please confirm when booking.
We continue our Hue City 1 Day Tour with a visit to Tomb of King Tu Duc (built from 1864 - 1867), one the the Most Beautiful Tomb of the Nguyen Emperors in Hue. This tomb was also used as summer palace where Tu Duc sometimes lived and worked. Then we can make a quick stop in Conical Hat and Incense Making Workshop to learn how local people here has been making for their living with traditional craft.
Our Hue City Tour 1 Day continues with a visit the most majestic Tomb of Emperor Minh Mang (1841 - 1843) – The Tomb is famous for landscape and Oriental Architecture. This tomb was planned and started by Minh Mang but built by his successor - King Thieu Tri, from begining of 1841 to1843.
Our final Place of Hue City Tour Full Fay will be the most elaborated Tomb of King Khai Dinh (built from 1920 - 1931), this is the smallest tomb (48.5X117m) of the Nguyen Emperors, but took the longest time and cost a lot of money to build. This is only 1 tomb built with blended architecture of Oriental & Western Styles.
After King Khai Dinh Tomb, our tour guide and driver will drop you back to your hotel or anywhere in Hue City Center. We will finish our Best Hue City Sightseeing Tour with Perfume River Cruise at about 4:00pm-4:30pm, a perfect way to spend your 1 day in Hue City of Vietnam.
Other Options for Hue City Tour You Might Like:
3 – 4
Price / Person
Tour Inclusions: Private Transfers Air-condinioner Car or Mini Van, Private Dragon Boat Cruise on Perfume River, Private Friendly & Knowledgeable English Speaking Tour Guide, Vegetarian Food in Pagoda or Hue Local Specialty Food for Lunch (please confirm when booking).
Tour Exclusions: Personal Expenses, Entrance Tickets (530.000vnd/person for Combo of Citadel + 3 Royal Tombs or 420.000vnd/person for Combo of Citadel + 2 Tombs), Drinks on Tour (available to purchase), Tip for tour guide and driver, Things not mentioned clearly.
- Decent clothes or prepairing scarf/Sarong to cover your shoulders and knees are recommended for temples visit please.
- Please inform us if you would like to have Hue Specialty Food in Local Restaurant for lunch instead (Non Vegetarian).
- This itinerary is flexible. Please contact our travel consultant to customize your own itinerary for this Best Hue City Tour.
Other Hue Tours You Might Like
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Son Doong Cave in Phong Nha Vietnam: All You Need to Know
- Urgent: Hanoi Announces to Find People Visited These Places
- Best Local Food That Should Not Be Missed in Hanoi Vietnam
- The 6 Best Things to Do at Night Time in Hue City of Vietnam
- Thai Hoa (Supreme Harmony) Palace in Hue Will Be Restored
- Tran Phu Beach in Nha Trang Vietnam: All You Need to Know