- Walking around historical Imperial Citadel (Forbidden City) of Hue
- Learn about Vietnamese Royal Culture and History with local experts
- Visiting to the oldest and most well-known 7 Floor Thien Mu pagoda
- Visiting 3 Best Tombs (mausoleums) of the Nguyen's Kings in Vietnam
- Learning about Daily Life of the Emperors, his wives & concubines
- Enjoying romantic dragon boat trip on romantic Perfume River
Hue City Tour Half Day
AM or PM: Our Knowledgeable Tour Guide & Experienced Driver will pick you up from your hotel in Hue to depart for Hue City Half Day Tour. We have 2 Options for Hue City Tour Half Day (Morning or Afternoon) as below:
Option 1: Visiting Imperial Citadel, Forbidden Purple City (Royal Palace) and Thien Mu Pagoda by Private Car/Van and Dragon Boat Cruise on Perfume River:
We start with a visit to Imperial Citadel (1804 - 1833). It’s within these 21 metre-thick, 6.6 metre-high and 10 kilometre-long walls that you’ll find several of the best and most famous sites of Hue City, from the many Ornate Temples, Nine Holy Cannons, Flag Tower, Supreme Harmony Palace, Dynastic Temple, Nine dynastic Urns... to the Forbidden Purple City. Most of the buildings were seriously destroyed by bombs during the French War and Amerian War, and nowaday they are under restoration.
We then pay a visit to the most well-known and also oldest Thien Mu Pagoda, a beautiful temple complex that is located on a hill overlooking to The Famous Perfume River built in 1601 by the first founder of the Nguyen Family in Central Vietnam - Nguyen Hoang.
After admiring its seven tiers, we will enjoy romantic dragon boat cruise on Perfume River back to Hue City and our Fantastic Hue Half Day City Tour will be finished.
Option 2: We will visit 3 Best Popular Royal Tombs (Mausoleums) of the Nguyen Kings in Hue City with Minh Mang Tomb, Tu Duc Tomb and Khai Dinh Tomb. This Option will be without Dragon Boat Cruise.
- Tu Duc Tomb (1864 - 1876): Built by King Tu Duc (1847 - 1883) for himself from 1864 - 1867. This was also place where King Tu Duc sometimes lived and worked when he was still alive. Tomb's area is about 12 Hecta including 2 seperated areas: Temple area and Burial area.
- Minh Mang Tomb (1840 - 1843): Started by himself but finished by his son - King Thieu Tri (1940 - 1847). Tomb's area is 18 hecta for King, Queen, his minor wives an cuncubines after his death.
- Khai Dinh Tomb (1920 - 1931): The only Royal Tomb with Blended Styles of Orient and European. This is only Nguyen King's Tomb built with different style and tomb we know King was buried underneath of his tomb.
Other Options for Hue City Tour:
3 – 4
Price / Person
Tour Inclusions: Private Transfers with Airconditioner Car/Bus, Dragon Boat Trip on Perfume River, Private Informative English speaking Guide.
Tour Exclusions: Personal Expenses on tour, Entrance tickets (Citadel or 3 Tombs), Tip for tour guide and driver, Anything not mentioned.
- You can choose to visit 3 Most Popular Royal Tombs instead if you like (Dragon Boat Trip will be excluded)
- Decent clothes or bring scarf to cover your shoulders and knees are recommended for temples visit.
- Hue Ticket Price/adult: 200.000 vnd/citadel, 150.000 vnd/tomb, 530.000vnd (Package Citadel + 3 Tombs), 420.000vnd (Citadel + Tombs of Minh Mang & Khai Dinh)
- This itinerary is flexible. Please contact our travel consultant to customize your own itinerary for this tour either for Morning or Afternoon Tour.
Other Hue Tours You Might Like
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Best Ways to Get from Hue to Hoi An and Vice Versa
- Main Programs and Schedule of Hue Festival 2020
- Hue Sightseeing Ticket Price in 2020
- Tu Lan Caves System - the Unreal World in Central Vietnam
- Mui Ne Beach: Vietnam's Best Sand Dunes in Phan Thiet City
- Ru Cha Mangrove Forest - Discovering pristine beauty of Hue Countryside