- Take a walk in Imperial Citadel & Ruined Forbidden City of Ancient Hue Vietnam
- Learn about life of the Kings: their Wives, Concubines & Eunuchs with local expert
- Visiting the most famous, the nicest and Oldest pagoda in Hue named Thien Mu
- Learning about the importance of Buddhism to our local community in Vietnam
- Enjoying Refreshing Dragon Boat Trip on Romantic Perfume River (Huong River)
- Visiting Best Royal Tombs of Nguyen Emperors to learn about Vietnamese Royalty
Hue City Tour Half Day
Agreed Time (Morning or Afternoon): Our Local Guide with Private Car will pick you up from your hotel in Hue City Center or Hue Train Station for Hue Half Day City Tour. Today we will have 2 Options for this Hue City Tour Half Day as below:
Option 1: City Tour Hue Half Day to visit Imperial Citadel, Forbidden Purple City and Thien Mu Pagoda by Private Car and Dragon Boat Cruise on Perfume River:
- Hue Imperial Citadel: We start with a visit to Imperial Citadel (1804 - 1833). It’s within these 21 metre-thick, 6.6 metre-high and 10 kilometre-long walls that you’ll find several of the best and most famous sites of Hue City, from the many Ornate Temples, Nine Holy Cannons, Flag Tower, Supreme Harmony Palace, Dynastic Temple, Nine dynastic Urns... to the Forbidden Purple City. Most of the buildings were seriously destroyed by bombs during the French War and Amerian War, and nowaday they are under restoration.
- Thien Mu Pagoda: We then pay a visit to the most well-known and also oldest Thien Mu Pagoda, a beautiful temple complex that is located on a hill overlooking to The Famous Perfume River built in 1601 by the first founder of the Nguyen Family in Central Vietnam - Nguyen Hoang.
- Dragon Boat Tour on Perfume River: After admiring its seven tiers, we will enjoy romantic dragon boat cruise on Perfume River back to Hue City and our Fantastic Hue Half Day City Tour will be finished.
Option 2: We will visit 3 Best Popular Royal Tombs (Mausoleums) of the Nguyen Kings in Hue City with Minh Mang Tomb, Tu Duc Tomb and Khai Dinh Tomb. This Option will be without Dragon Boat Cruise.
- Minh Mang Tomb (1840 - 1843): Started by Minh Mang, but died during the construction and later finished by his son - King Thieu Tri (1840 - 1847). Tomb's area is 15 hecta for King, Queen,... with 26 buildings for different funtions. This was also living area for his minor wives an cuncubines (who had no children for him) after his death.
- Tu Duc Tomb (1864 - 1867): Built by King Tu Duc (1847 - 1883) for himself from 1864 - 1867. This was also place where King Tu Duc sometimes lived and worked when he was still alive. Tomb's area is about 12 Hecta including 2 seperated areas: Temple area and Burial area.
- Khai Dinh Tomb (1920 - 1931): The only Royal Tomb with Blended Styles of Orient and European. Tomb's Area is 48.5m X 117m, and this is only Tomb of the Nguyen Kings built with different style and tomb we know King was buried underneath of his tomb.
Option 3: Want to pick your own sightseeing places for your City Tour Half Day in Hue? Please contact our travel consultant to customize your own itinerary for this Hue Half Day Trip either for Morning or Afternoon Tour.
The Guided Hue City Tour Half Day will be an excellent choice if you have very short time in Hue (Half Day only either morning or afternoon), but still love to learn about Local History and Vietnamese Royal Culture of this beautiful royal city.
Other Options for Hue City Tour You Might Like:
3 – 4
Price / Person
Tour Inclusions: Private Transfers with Airconditioner Car or Mini Van, Dragon Boat Trip on Perfume River, Private Informative English speaking Guide.
Tour Exclusions: Personal Expenses on Tour, Entrance Tickets to Citadel & Tombs (Click to see), Tips/ Gratuities for Tour Guide , Anything not mentioned.
- Decent clothes or bring scarf to cover your shoulders and knees. That is required for temples visit (You can also borrow scarfs in entrances of some Temples).
- Children Policy: Child under 2 Years Old - Free of Charge (Seat on Lap); from 2 to 6 - 25% of Adult Price; from 7 to 11 - 75% of Adult Price, From 12 - Fully Adult Price.
- This itinerary is flexible. Please contact our travel consultant to customize your own itinerary for this Hue Half Day Trip either for Morning or Afternoon Tours.
Other Hue Tours You Might Like
Find your trip
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Top 10 Weirdest Vietnamese Food
- Mekong Delta Travel Guide: Best Things to Do & Places to Visit
- Top 10 Hanoi Tourist Attractions
- Cu Chi Tunnels Vietnam Guide: Facts, Length, History with Map
- Things to know for Backpackers before Traveling to Vietnam
- Nguyen Dynasty - Last Royal Family in Vietnam with 13 Kings