Hue Royal Tombs Tour
Agreed Time: Our Local Guide and Driver will pick you up from your hotel in Hue City Center or Hue Train Station for Hue Royal Tombs Tour. Today we will have chance to visit 3 Best Popular and Most Famous Royal Tombs (Mausoleums) of the Nguyen's Kings in Hue City with Minh Mang Tomb, Tu Duc Tomb & Khai Dinh Tomb.
Hue Royal Tombs Tour starts with a visit to Tu Duc Tomb, built by King Tu Duc (King No 4 of the Nguyen Dynasty ruled 1847-1883) for himself from 1864 - 1867. This was also place where King Tu Duc sometimes lived and worked when he was still alive. Tomb's area is about 12 Hecta including 2 seperated areas: Temple area and Burial area. The tomb was also a place for his minor wives, concubines and eunuchs to live after his death in 1883.
Continue our Hue Royal Tombs Tour with a visit to Minh Mang Tomb built from 1840 to 1843. The tomb was tarted by Minh Mang for himself in Apr 1840, but he died during the construction and later finished by his son - King Thieu Tri (1840 - 1847). Tomb's area is 15 hecta for King, Queen,... with 26 buildings for different funtions. This was also living area for his minor wives an cuncubines (who had no children for him) and eunuchs after his death in 1840.
The final place of our Hue Royal Tombs Tour will be Khai Dinh Tomb built from 1920 to 1931. The tomb was started and built by himself from 1920 to 1925. But after he died, his child took incharge from 1925 to 1931. This was only a Royal Tomb with Blended Styles of Orient and European. Tomb's Area is 48.5m X 117m, and this is only Tomb of the Nguyen Kings built with different style and tomb we know King was buried underneath of his tomb.
After visiting 3 Best & Most Famous Hue Royal Tombs and learning about local history and life of the Nguyen's Kings, our tour guide and driver will drop you back to your hotel. We will finish our fantastic Hue Royal Tombs Tour in your hotel.
- Other Option: Hue Royal Tombs Tour by Bicycle and Dragon Boat
|Price / Person||32 USD||25 USD||21 USD|
Tour Inclusions: Private Transfers with Airconditioner Car/Bus (or Motoebike with Driver), Private Informative English speaking Guide.
Tour Exclusions: Entrance tickets to the Tombs (150k/adult/tomb), Tips/Gratuities for tour guide and driver, Anything not mentioned.
- Decent clothes or bring scarf to cover your shoulders and knees. That is required for temples visit (You can also borrow scarfs in entrances of some Temples).
- This itinerary is flexible. Please contact our travel consultant to customize your own itinerary for this Hue Half Day Trip either for Morning or Afternoon Tours.
Other Hue Tours You Might Like
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnam Stops Arrival Medical Declarations from April 27th
- Hanoi Airport Guide: Time Table of Vietnam Airlines Shuttle Bus
- Ho Chi Minh City is about to have a New Helicopter Tour
- Covid-19 Updated: Vietnam Fully Reopen Border for Tourism
- Vietnam Proposes to Fully Open for Tourism from March 15
- Vietnam Will Lift International Flights Restrictions from Feb 15