- Take a Walk in Imperial Citadel and Ruined Forbidden City of Ancient Hue Vietnam
- Learn about life of the Kings, their Wives, Concubines & Eunuchs with local expert
- Visiting the most famous, the nicest and Oldest pagoda in Hue named Thien Mu
- Learning about the importance of Buddhism to our local community in Vietnam
- Visiting the Best Royal Tombs of the Emperors to learn about Vietnamese Royalty
- Enjoying Refreshing Dragon Boat Cruise on Romantic Perfume River (Huong River)
Chan May Shore Excursion - Hue City Tour
You are welcomed and picked up by private local guide of Adventure Journey in the Exit Gate of Chan May Cruise Port (abut 500m walking from your ship) and drive 60km northward to Hue City.
Today you will spend the day in Hue, the Former Capital of Vietnam under the Nguyen Dynasty of 13 Emperors from 1802 till 1945 and visit the Best Hue World Heritage Sites to learn about Local History & Culture of Vietnamese Royal Family with:
1. Hue Imperial Citadel: This area is also called Royal Palace, Forbidden City constructed from 1804-1833 by 2 first Kings of the Nguyen Dynasty (Gia Long & Minh Mang) and was the centre for Economy, Culture and Political Activities of Royal Family. You will spend time walking around with our Local Expertto learn about history & daily life of Royal Family, and taking photos of Flag Tower, 9 Holy Cannons, South Gate, Supreme Harmorny Palaces, 9 Dynastic Urns, Ruined Forbidden City.
2. Thien Mu Pagoda: The oldest and most famous pagoda in Hue built from 1601 by the Founder of the Nguyen Family in this region (Nguyen Hoang). Pagoda was built and named so (Thien Mu Pagoda - Heavenly Lady Buddha Pagoda) after the story of local people when they dream about lady Buddha sitting on this hill.
3. Hue Royal Tombs: you can choose to visit one of three most popular Tombs (Mausoleums) of the Nguyen's Kings with:
- Minh Mang Tomb (1840 - 1843): Started by himself but finished by his son - King Thieu Tri (1940 - 1847). Tomb's area is 18 hecta for King, Queen, his minor wives an concubines after his death.
- Tu Duc Tomb (1864 - 1867): Built by King Tu Duc (1847 - 1883) for himself from 1864 - 1867. This was also place where King Tu Duc sometimes lived and worked when he was still alive. Tomb's area is about 12 Hecta including 2 seperated areas: Temple area and Burial area.
- Khai Dinh Tomb (1920 - 1931): The only Royal Tomb with Blended Styles of Orient and European. This is only Nguyen King's Tomb built with different style and tomb we know King was buried underneath of his tomb.
After Sightseeing in Hue City, we will take Dragon Boat Cruising on Romantic Perfume River for 30 minutes before our driver will drop you back to Chan May Cruise Ship Port and finish your fantastic Chan May Shore Excursions to Hue City.
Other Options for Day Tours from Chan May Port:
3 – 4
Price / Person
Tour Inclusions: Transportation by private vehicle with A/C from Cruise Ship Port Terminal, All entrance fee to sightseeing places as mentioned in Itinerary, Private Local Knowledgeable English speaking tour guide, All entrance fees and permits where applicable (Citadel, Royal Tombs).
Tour Exclusions: Foods and Drinks (Available to purchase on tour), Travel insurance, Vietnam visa on arrival, Tip/gratuities for tour guide & driver, Things not mentioned .
- Decent clothes or bringing your scarf to cover your shoulders and knees are recommended for temple visit, please.
- This tour is flexible. Please contact our travel consultant if you would like to create your own itinerary for this tour.
- We pick you up at the Exit Gate of the Chan May Port (about 500m walk from your ship: After you get of your Ship, you go through Security Check, walk straight 100m then turn right to walk another 400m to the Exit Gate - Where our Local Guide and Car Driver will pick you up).
Other Hue Tours You Might Like
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Travel Blog
- A Completed Travel Guide to Central Market in Hoi An Old Town
- Travel Guide for Visiting to Con Dao National Park Vietnam
- Travel Guide to Cuc Phuong National Park in Ninh Binh Vietnam
- Yok Don National Park Vietnam: Everything You Need to Know
- Ba Be National Park Vietnam: Everything You Need to Know
- Cat Ba National Park Vietnam: Everything You Need to Know