- Take a Walk in Imperial Citadel and Ruined Forbidden City of Ancient Hue Vietnam
- Learn about life of the Kings, their Wives, Concubines & Eunuchs with local expert
- Visiting the most Famous, the Nicest and Oldest Pagoda in Hue named Thien Mu
- Learning about the importance of Buddhism to our Local Community in Viet Nam
- Visiting the Best Royal Tombs of the Emperors to learn about Vietnamese Royalty
- Enjoying Refreshing Dragon Boat Cruise on Romantic Perfume River (Huong River)
Chan May Shore Excursion - Hue City Tour
You are welcomed and picked up by local English Speaking Guide with private car of Adventure Journey at the Exit Gate of Chan May Cruise Port (abut 500m walking from your ship) and drive about 60km northward to Hue City.
Today you will spend the day in Hue, the Former Capital of Vietnam under the Nguyen Dynasty of 13 Emperors from 1802 till 1945 and visit the Best Hue World Heritage Sites to learn about Local History and Culture of Vietnamese Royalty with:
1. Hue Imperial Citadel: This area is also called Royal Palace, Forbidden City constructed from 1804-1833 by 2 first Kings of the Nguyen Dynasty (Gia Long & Minh Mang) and was the centre for Economy, Culture and Political Activities of Royal Family. You will spend time walking around with our Local Expert to learn about history & daily life of Royal Family (Kings, Their Queens; Minor Wive; Concubines; and Eunuchs), and taking photos of Flag Tower, 9 Holy Cannons, South Gate, Supreme Harmorny Palaces, 9 Dynastic Urns, Ruined Forbidden City.
2. Thien Mu Pagoda: This is the oldest and most famous pagoda in Hue built from 1601 by the Founder of the Nguyen Family in this region (Nguyen Hoang). Pagoda was built and named so (Thien Mu Pagoda - Heavenly Lady Buddha Pagoda) after the story of local people when they dream about lady Buddha sitting on this hill.
3. Perfume River: After Sightseeing in Hue City, we will take Dragon Boat Cruising on Romantic Perfume River for 30 minutes before our tour guide drop you back to Chan May Cruise Ship Port and we will finish your fantastic Chan May Shore Excursions to Hue City around 1 hour before ship departure.
Other Options for Day Tours from Chan May Port:
|Group Size||01 Pax||02 Pax||03 Pax||04 Pax||05 Pax||06 Pax||From 07|
|Price / Person||159 usd||99 usd||89 usd||79 usd||69 usd||65 usd||59 usd|
Tour Inclusions: Transportation by private vehicle with A/C from Chan May and Return, Dragon Boat on Perfume River, Hue Beef Noddle Soup for Lunch, 01 Bottled Water on the Car, All entrance fee to sightseeing places, Private Knowledgeable English speaking guide.
Tour Exclusions: Soft Drinks and Alcohol (Available to purchase on tour), Travel insurance, Vietnam visa on arrival, Tips/gratuities for excellent services (optional), Things not mentioned clearly on Itinerary.
- Decent clothes or bringing your scarf to cover your shoulders and knees are recommended for temple visit, please.
- This tour is flexible. Please contact our travel consultants if you would like to create your own itinerary for this tour.
- You can choose to visit One Royal Tomb of the King Instead of Hue Imperial Citadel (or Thien Mu Pagoda & Perfume River) if You like. Please confirm with our travel consultant when making reservation.
- Above price is for pick up outside of Chan May Port. If you like to be picked up inside the port, there will be extra charge for port's permit by Local Authority depending on which Ships you are crusing.
- We pick you up at the Exit Gate of the Chan May Port (about 500m walk from your ship: After you get of your Ship, you go through Security Check, walk straight 100m then turn right to walk another about 400m to the Exit Gate - Where our Local Guide with Private Car / Van will pick you up).
Other Hue Tours You Might Like
Find your trip
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnamese People: Origin, History, Culture and Traditions
- Vietnam Currency: Best ATM and Places to Exchange Money
- Vietnam Map: Regions, Cities & Provinces Map of Vietnam
- Best Time to Travel to Vietnam to Avoid the Bad Weather
- What is illegal Things in Vietnam: Rules & Laws for Tourists
- Best Local Food That Should Not Be Missed in Hanoi Vietnam