- Take a Walk in Imperial Citadel and Ruined Forbidden City of Ancient Hue Vietnam
- Learn about life of the Kings, their Wives, Concubines & Eunuchs with local expert
- Visiting the most Famous, the Nicest and Oldest Pagoda in Hue named Thien Mu
- Learning about the importance of Buddhism to our Local Community in Viet Nam
- Enjoying Refreshing Dragon Boat Cruise on Romantic Perfume River (Huong River)
Chan May Shore Excursion - Hue City Tour
You are welcomed and picked up by local English Speaking Guide with private car of Adventure Journey at the Border Check of Chan May Cruise Port (abut 500m walking from Chan May Port 's Exit) and drive about 60km northward to Hue City. Today you will spend the day in Hue, the Former Capital of Vietnam under the Nguyen Dynasty of 13 Emperors from 1802 till 1945 and visit the Best Hue World Heritage Sites to learn about Local History and Culture of Vietnamese Royalty with:
1. Hue Imperial Citadel: This area is also called Royal Palace, Forbidden City constructed from 1804-1833 by 2 first Kings of the Nguyen Dynasty (Gia Long & Minh Mang) and was the centre for Economy, Culture and Political Activities of Royal Family. You will spend time walking around with our Local Expert to learn about history & daily life of Royal Family (Kings, Their Queens; Minor Wive; Concubines; and Eunuchs), and taking photos of Flag Tower, 9 Holy Cannons, South Gate, Supreme Harmorny Palaces, 9 Dynastic Urns, Ruined Forbidden City.
2. Thien Mu Pagoda: This is the oldest and most famous pagoda in Hue built from 1601 by the Founder of the Nguyen Family in this region (Nguyen Hoang). Pagoda was built and named so (Thien Mu Pagoda - Heavenly Lady Buddha Pagoda) after the story of local people when they dream about lady Buddha sitting on this hill.
3. Perfume River: After Sightseeing in Hue City, we will take Dragon Boat Cruising on Romantic Perfume River for 30 minutes before our tour guide say goodbye to you and our driver will drop you back to Chan May Cruise Ship Port and we will finish your fantastic Chan May Shore Excursions to Hue City before ship departure.
Other Options for Day Tours from Chan May Port:
|Price / Person
Tour Inclusions: Transportation by private vehicle with A/C from Chan May and Return, Dragon Boat on Perfume River, Hue Beef Noodle Soup for Lunch, All entrance fee to sightseeing places, Private Knowledgeable English speaking guide.
Tour Exclusions: Soft Drinks and Alcohol (Available to purchase on tour), Travel insurance, Vietnam visa on arrival, Tips/gratuities for excellent services (optional), Things not mentioned clearly on Itinerary.
- You can choose to visit one Royal Tomb of the Nguyen 's Emperors instead of Hue Imperial Citadel (or Thien Mu Pagoda & Perfume River) if You like. Please confirm with our travel consultant when making reservation.
- We will pick you up at the Border Check of Chan May Cruise Port, about 500m walking from the Port 's Exit (After getting off from your Ship, walk straight 200m to the Port 's Exit, then turn right and walk another 500m to the border check, where our tour guide will meet you).
- If you require us to pick you up from inside the port. There will be extra charge of 20 USD/Person by the Port Authority Department. Please confirm with us when making reservation if you would like to be picked up inside the port with extra charge of 20USD/person by Port Authority (optional).
- Duration of Chan May Shore Excursion - Hue City Tour is about 6.5 to 7.0 hours, and itinerary is flexible. Please contact our travel consultants if you would like to create your own itinerary for this tour.
Other Hue Tours You Might Like
Find your trip
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnamese People: Origin, History, Culture and Traditions
- Vietnam Currency: Best ATM and Places to Exchange Money
- Vietnam Map: Regions, Cities & Provinces Map of Vietnam
- What is illegal Things in Vietnam: Rules & Laws for Tourists
- Best Time to Travel to Vietnam to Avoid the Bad Weather
- Vietnam News: Population & Religions of 54 Ethnic Groups