- Take a Walk in Imperial Citadel and Ruined Forbidden City of Hue Vietnam
- Learning about Life of the Emperors, Their Wives - Concubines - Eunuchs
- Learning about history and culture of Hue and Vietnam with local experts
Hue Imperial City Walking Tour
09.00AM or 02.00PM: Our Friendly & Informative Tour Guide will meet you at Nine Holy Cannons of Ngan Gate (Cửa Ngăn - Click to see). Today, we will have 3 hours walking in Hue Imperial Citadel to learn about Hue History and Vietnamese Royal Culture with:
- Nine Holy Cannons (Cửu Vị Thần Công): 9 cannons that Hue artisans cast in Gia Long's second year (1803). Nine cannons are considered as one of the most valuable bronze works of art. The ancient nine cannons were placed at the foot of the Imperial Citadel, at the entrance of the Ngo Mon Gate - the imperial city of Hue. During the reign of King Khai Dinh, they were relocated to their current position.
- Noon Gate (South Gate - Ngọ Môn Huế): Built in 1833 in the traditional Vietnamese style under the rule of King Minh Mang and used by the Kings for troop movements and ceremonies.
- Flag Tower (Kỳ Đài Huế): an architectural monument of the Nguyen Dynasty located in the middle of the south face of Hue citadel within the Nam Chanh fortress which is also the place to hang the flag of the royal court.
- Supreme Hamorny Palace (Điện Thái Hòa): This Palace is located in the Imperial City area of Hue citadel, which is the coronation place of 13 Nguyen kings from Gia Long to Bao Dai. In feudal regimes, this palace was considered the center of the country.
- Nine Dynastic Urns (Cửu Đỉnh Huế): These are nine bronze urns, located in front of The Mieu Temple in Hue Imperial Citadel. The Nine Peaks was commissioned by Emperor Minh Mang in the winter of 1835 and inaugurated on March 1, 1837.
- The Mieu Temple (Thế Miếu Huế): The Mieu also called The To Mieu built in 1821 by Second Kings of the Nguyen Dynasty - Minh Mang. This is a temple to worship 10 Kings of the Nguyen Dynasty.
- Dien Tho Palace (Cung Diên Thọ): Dien Tho Palace is a system of palace architecture in Hue Imperial Citadel, the residence of the Queen Mothers. Located in the west of the Forbidden City, north of Phung Tien Palace and south of Truong Sanh Palace, Dien Tho Palace is considered to be the largest scale palace architecture system remaining in Hue.
- Forbidden Purple City (Tử Cấm Thành Huế): The Forbidden Purple City belongs to a complex of the ancient capital of Hue which is the center of daily life of the King and the Nguyen Dynasty. The Forbidden City is located behind the Thai Hoa palace, was built in Gia Long 3rd year (1804) called the Imperial Palace. In the third year of Minh Mang's reign (1822), the king changed his name to Forbidden Purple City.
- Hue Royal Antiques Museum (Bảo Tàng Cổ Vật Cung Đình Huế): This was the Long An palace built in 1845 under the reign of King Thieu Tri. In 1923, King Khai Dinh decided to turn this palace into a museum after he returned from France.
After Hue Royal Antique Museum, our local guide will say good bye to you, and we finish our fantastic Hue Imperial City Walking Tour.
Tour Price: 15 usd/person Min of Group: 1 person Max of Group: 8 persons.
Tour Inclusions: Friendly & Informative English speaking tour guide, A Bottle of Drinking water.
Tour Exclusions: Food & Drinks, Entrance Tickets, Tips for tour guide, anything not mentioned.
- Decent clothes or bring Scarfs/Sarongs to cover your shoulders and knees are recommended for temple visit, please.
- Prepair your own taxi transfer from your hotels to meeting point or contact us if you need further support, Please.
Other Hue Tours You Might Like
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Tran Phu Beach in Nha Trang Vietnam: All You Need to Know
- Ninh Chu Beach in Ninh Thuan Vietnam: All You Need to Know
- Non Nuoc Beach in Da Nang Vietnam: All You Need to Know
- Hon Chong Beach in Nha Trang Vietnam: All You Need to Know
- Cat Ba Island of Vietnam: All You Need to Know Before You Go
- An Bang Beach in Hoi An Ancient Town: All You Need to Know