Bún Bò Huế: Recipe of Noodle Soup with Beef in Hue
Bún Bò Huế - (Translation: Hue Noodle Soup with Beef): Bun Bo Hue (Pronounce: Boon Bor Hwei) is known as one of the 50 most delicious dishes in the world. To get a delicious bowl of authentic beef noodle soup of Hue, it takes a lot of ingredients, seemingly sophisticated but very easy to make. Let's go to the kitchen with ADVENTURE JOURNEY according to the recipe below!
Ingredients for Hue Beef Noodle Soup (For 4 people):
- Pork leg 1 kg
- Braised beef 500 gr
- Round Rice noodle 200 gr
- Beef or pork blood 1 bowl (optional)
- Crab or beef patties 200 gr (optional)
- Cashew color oil 3 tbsp
- Lemongrass 7 plants
- Onion 2
- Garlic 1 bulb
- Ginger 1 stick
- Fish sauce 2 tbsp
- Green onion 1 little
- Bean sprouts 1 little
- Chinese flavor/basil 1 little
- Banana flower 1 little
- Lemon 1 fruit
How to choose Fresh Beef for Noodle Soup:
- To choose good beef, you should observe the color of the meat. Fresh meat is usually bright red, not dark red, and beef fat is light yellow.
- Should choose to buy small and soft pieces of meat, smooth texture and good elasticity when pressed.
- Do not buy pieces of meat that have white, small and easily removable cysts, it is most likely a fluke. You also limit the small pieces of pre-cut meat, because they are very likely to contain flukes.
How to Cook the Real Athentic Bun Bo Hue:
1. Preliminary processing of pork leg, encrusted beef
- If you like a lot of meat, choose the hind leg, if you like the skin and tendons, choose the front leg, cut it into circles, and wash it.
- Boil pork leg in boiling water to remove dirt, then rinse with clean water.
- Beef jerky, washed, boiled separately with 1/2 sliced ginger for fragrant. Simmer on low heat for about 2 hours, use chopsticks to skewer the encrusted pieces, if the skewers pass, they are satisfactory. Wait for the meat to cool and cut into thin slices.
2. Prepare other ingredients:
- Cow or pig blood can be bought ready-made or bought boiled, cut into bite-sized pieces. (Note to buy blood at reputable addresses to ensure food safety). If you don't eat blood, you can skip it.
- The crab cakes are molded into small round balls and dropped into the pot of encrusted boiling water, the spring rolls are cooked, you take them out and keep them separate. Crab rolls can be replaced with beef rolls, spring rolls or not for spring rolls.
- With 4 chopped lemongrass, the rest is cut and smashed. Divide the onion into 2 parts, one half cut in half, the other thinly sliced.
- Scallions, scallions, basil washed and finely chopped. The accompanying vegetables are washed and drained.
3. Cook Bún Bò Huế:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of fish sauce with 100 ml of cold water.
- Fry 4 minced lemongrass plants with 2 tablespoons of cooking oil, remove the lemongrass, and add 3 tablespoons of cashew oil. Finely chop 1 onion, 1 garlic and 2 chili peppers and then put them in the pan to fry until golden, then turn off the heat.
- Pre-processed pork leg, you put it on the stove to simmer on low heat with 1 onion cut in half and 3 lemongrass trees smashed for a sweet and fragrant broth, all the substance in the bone. (Note that occasionally skim the pot of broth so that the water is clear).
- Take the top part of fish sauce into the pot, remove the residue. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons of seasoning, 1 tablespoon of salt, season to taste.
- Add the cup of chili satay made above.
4, Mission Completed:
- You pour vermicelli through boiling water, drain and pour into a bowl.
- Add encrusted meat, pork leg, crab cakes, blood, Chinese flavor, finely chopped scallions, a little thinly sliced onion and then pour the broth.
- Hue beef vermicelli served with bean sprouts, banana flower, basil, and chili is delicious.
Some Best Places to Try Bún Bò in Huế (Hue Noodle Soup with Beef):
1. Bún bò Huế Mỹ Tâm:
- Address: No. 5 Tran Cao Van, Vinh Ninh, City. Hue
- Price: 25,000 – 40,000 VND
2. Bún bò O Hòa:
- Address: 65 Mai Thuc Loan, Phu Hau, City. Hue
- Price: 15,000 - 25,000 VND/bowl
3. Bún bò Huế bà Gái:
- Address: No. 11A Hanoi, Vinh Ninh, City. Hue
- Price: From 20,000 - 50,000 VND/bowl
4. Bún Huế Hẻm:
- Address: No. 17 Hung Vuong, Phu Hoi, City. Hue
- Price: From 35,000 VND/bowl
5. Quán bún O Ty:
- Address: No. 33/9/15 alley 33 Nguyen Cong Tru, City. Hue
- Price: 15,000 - 30,000 VND/bowl
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Car Rental
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnamese Balut or Egg Embryo: Things You Need to Know
- Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi - Vietnam Travel Guide
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport - Ho Chi Minh City Guide
- Liberation Day & National Day: Public Holidays in Vietnam
- Vietnamese Zodiac & Elements: The Signs of 12 Animals
- Halong Bay - Choose 1 Day Trip or Overnight Cruise?