- Take a Walk in Imperial Citadel and Ruined Forbidden City of Ancient Hue Vietnam
- Learn about life of the Kings, their Wives, Concubines & Eunuchs with local expert
- Visiting the most famous, the nicest and Oldest pagoda in Hue named Thien Mu
- Learning about the importance of Buddhism to our local community in Vietnam
- Enjoying Refreshing Dragon Boat Trip on Romantic Perfume River (Huong River)
- Visiting Best Royal Tombs of the Emperors to learn about Vietnamese Royalty
Hue City Tour Small Group
Hue City Tour Big Group is only 12USD/Person plus 23USD/Ticket. But it is always crowded, so you don't have time to see the sites and learn about history. We recommend Hue City Tour Small Group (Minimum 1 person - Maximum 12 persons) with All Included if you are History Buff and love to learn local history.
8.00AM - 8.30AM: Our tour guide and driver pick you up from hotel in Hue city center for our Hue City Small Group Tour. We start with dragon boat trip on the romantically named Perfume River to visit Hue’s best-known religious sites, Thien Mu Pagoda. Pagoda was first built in 1601 by Founder of the Nguyen Family in the region (Nguyen Hoang). Here you will have chance to learn about history of Vietnamese Buddhism and how important it is to our local community.
Continue by bus to discover Imperial Citadel (Royal Palace, Forbidden City) built by 2 first Kings of the Nguyen Dynasty - Kings Gia Long and Minh Mang (from 1804 to 1933) for political and religious activities of Nguyen's Kings including Flag Tower, Noon Gate, Nine Dynastic Urns, Nine Holy Cannons, Thai Hoa Palace, and Forbidden Purple City. This is now the Best Place in Vietnam to learn about life of the Nguyen Emperors, their wives - concubines - eunuchs.
Our Hue City Group Tour continue with a short walk to visit Royal Antique Museum dedicated to Vietnam's imperial past and arts of that era. Museum was officially opened in 1923 by Emperor Khai Dinh (1916-1925) on the Original Palace built from 1845 by Emperor Thieu Tri (1840-1847).
After that, our tour guide and driver will take you to visit lively Dong Ba market to have some fun bargaining with local sellers there before our delicious lunch served with some Vietnamese Food.
The Afternoon: We continue with a visit to the elaborate Tomb of Minh Mang & Tomb of Khai Dinh. These are now 2 Best Royal Tombs of the Nguyen Emperors, that represent for 2 different styles of Hue Royal Tombs of the Nguyen Kings.
Our final Stop for today will be conical hat & incense making work shop. Here you will have chance to see how local make for their living before driving back to your hotel. And we expect to finish our Hue City Group Tour at 4.00PM- 4.30PM.
This guided Hue City Group Tour will give you a deep understanding about local history, life of the Royal Family,... King’s philosophy of geomancy and how this affected Vietnamese Royal Life.
Other Options for Hue City Tour:
Tour Price: 44 usd/person Min of Group: 1 person Max of Group: 12 persons.
Tour Inclusions: Entrance Tickets to Sightseeing Places, Airconditioner Transfer with Car/Bus, Dragon Boat Tour on Perfume River, Friendly & Informative English speaking guide, Vietnamese food for Lunch (Vegetarian available), A Bottle of Drinking water during tour.
Tour Exclusions: Drinks (Available to purchase), Tips/Gratuities for tour guide and driver, Shopping & Personal Expenses, Travel Insurance, Banking Fee / Money Transfer, Anything not mentioned clearly above.
- Private Hue City Tour with Dragon Boat Cruise on Perfume River is available for this Itinerary if requested
- Decent clothes or Bring Scarf to cover your shoulders and knees are recommended for temple visit, please.
- Please inform our travel consultant when booking or our local guide if you have any special food requirements.
Other Hue Tours You Might Like
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Travel Blog
- How to Visit Cu Chi Tunnels System in Ho Chi Minh on Your Own?
- Cu Chi Tunnels Vietnam Guide: Facts, Length, History with Map
- Vietravel Airlines Delays Plan for the First Flights due to Covid-19
- Da Nang City Vietnam: Best Things to Do and Top Things to See
- Mekong Delta Travel Guide: Best Things to Do & Places to Visit
- Quang Binh Tourism: Discovered 12 Magnificent New Caves