- Learning about life of the Vietnamese Kings, their Wives, Concubines & Eunuchs
- Visiting Best Royal Tombs of the Emperors to learn about Vietnamese Royalty
- Learning about Rich History and Culture of Hue & Vietnam with our local expert
- Enjoying Refreshing Dragon Boat Trip on Romantic Perfume River (Huong River)
Hue Tombs Tour by Bike and Boat
Agreed Time: Our tour guide pick you up from your city center located hotel to the bicycle for Hue Tombs Tour by Bicycle and Boat. After short brief, we start our tour with a ride (5km) to Thien Mu Pagoda (Pagoda of the Celestial Lady), a beautiful Buddhist Pagoda located on a hill overlooking to the Perfume River built in 1601 by the first founder of the Nguyen Family in Central Vietnam - Nguyen Hoang. Here you also find an old car and picture of a Buddhist Monk, who set himself in fire in 1963 to protest against Diem's Gorvernment of South Vietnam for Free Religion.
We then take Dragon Boat from here to cruise to Minh Mang Tomb Dock, have a short walk from our boat to discover Minh Mang Tomb. This Tomb is famous for landscape and Oriental Architecture. This tomb was planned and started by Minh Mang but built by his successor - King Thieu Tri, from begining of 1841 to 1843.
We continue on the boat tour to Khai Dinh Dock, and cycling for 10 minutes to visit Tomb of King Khai Dinh (built from 1920 - 1931). This is the smallest tomb (48.5X117m) of the Nguyen Emperors, but took the longest time and cost a lot of money to build. This is only tomb of the Nguyen's Kings with blended architecture of Vietnamese and Western style. This is also the only tomb of the Nguyen's Kings we know exactly where King was buried.
After Khai Dinh Tomb, we continue on the boat tour back to Hue and then cycling back to your hotel. Our fantastic Hue Tombs Tour by Bike and Boat will be finish in your hotel.
- Other Option: Hue Royal Tombs Tour by Private Car
3 – 5
Price / Person
Tour Inclusions: Informative English speaking guide, Ordinary Bicycle, Dragon Boat, Parking fees, Bottle of water.
Tour Exclusions: Foods & Drinks, Personal expenses, Entry tickets, Tips for tour guide, Anythings not Mentioned.
- Light clothes, light bags and shoes are recommended for this tour.
- Tomb of Emperor Tu Duc is available for this tour if you like to visit
- Hue Entrance Ticket Price for Sightseeing: 150.000 vnd/ Royal Tomb
- Bring scarf to cover your shoulders and knees for temple visit, please.
Other Hue Tours You Might Like
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Mui Ne Beach: The Best Coastal Resort Town in Phan Thiet City
- Covid-19 in Vietnam Updated: Emergency Announcement No 20
- Long Beach: The Best Tourist Attractions on Phu Quoc Island
- Complete Travel Guide to Dam Market in Nha Trang Vietnam
- Travel Guide for Visiting Phan Thiet Central Market of Vietnam
- Travel Guide to Quang Ba Night Flower Market in Hanoi Vietnam