Chan May to Hue by Car
Hue City is the former Capital of Vietnam for 143 Years from 1802 - 1945, under the rule of 13 Nguyen's Kings (the last feudal dynasty of Vietnam). This is a popular destination for Local and International Tourists, and is now the Best City in Vietnam, that is still having Royal Monuments remaining. This is also the Best Places if you like to learn about History and Culture of the Country - Especialy about Royal Nguyen Dynasty with many Stories of the Kings; their Queens, minor wives, concubines and eunuchs.
Distance from Chan May Port to Hue City is about 62km, and takes 1hour 30 minutes if without traffic. Taxi Transport/ Grab Car in Chan May Port to Hue City of Vietnam is not available. You need to book Private Car Transfer with Driver to visit these World Cultural Heritage Sites of Hue.
Private Car Transfer Chan May Cruise Port to Hue City with Experienced Driver by Adventure Journey for Your Own Discovery to World Heritage City of Vietnam is Highly Recommended on TripAdvisor with Excellent Service and Best Price.
Agreed Time: Our Driver with Welcome Note will meet you at Border Check of Chan May Cruise Ship Port (abut 450m walking from the Port 's Entrance), transfer North-Ward to Hue City Center. Today, you can have your own discovery to the Best Sightseeing Places in Hue City of Vietnam before going back yo your ship with:
1. Hue Imperial Citadel: This area is also called Royal Palace, Forbidden City constructed from 1804-1833 by 2 first Kings of the Nguyen Dynasty (Gia Long & Minh Mang) and was the centre for Economy, Culture and Political Activities of Royal Family. You will spend time for your own Walking Tour in Imperial City to visit Flag Tower, 9 Holy Cannons, South Gate, Supreme Harmorny Palaces, 9 Dynastic Urns, Forbidden City.
2. Thien Mu Pagoda: The oldest and most famous pagoda in Hue built from 1601 by the Founder of the Nguyen Family in this region (Nguyen Hoang). Pagoda was built and named so (Thien Mu Pagoda - Heavenly Lady Buddha Pagoda) after the story of local people when they dream about lady Buddha sitting on this hill.
3. Hue Royal Tombs: Amongs 7 Tombs for 13 Kings of the Nguyen Dynasty, you can choose one of three most popular tombs of Nguyen Kings: Minh Mang Tomb (built in 1841-1843), Tu Duc Tomb (built in 1864-1867), Khai dinh Tomb (built 1920-1931).
- Minh Mang Tomb (1840 - 1843): Started by himself but finished by his son - King Thieu Tri (1940 - 1847). Tomb's area is 18 hecta for King, Queen, his minor wives an cuncubines after his death.
- Tu Duc Tomb (1864 - 1867): Built by King Tu Duc (1847 - 1883) for himself from 1864 - 1867. This was also place where King Tu Duc sometimes lived and worked when he was still alive. Tomb's area is about 12 Hecta including 2 seperated areas: Temple area and Burial area.
- Khai Dinh Tomb (1920 - 1931): The only Royal Tomb with Blended Styles of Orient and European. This is only Nguyen King's Tomb built with different style and tomb we know King was buried underneath of his tomb.
After Sightseeing in Hue City, our driver will drop you back to Chan May Cruise Ship Port and finish your fantastic Hue Sightseeing Tour at least 1 hour before your ship departure.
- Other Option: Private Car Transfer from Chan May Port to Hoi An & Da Nang (Golden Hand Bridge - Ba Na Hills)
4 Seat Sedan
7 Seat Car
16 Seat Van
|Price/ Vehicle (Round Trip)||US $114 /Group||US $139 /Group||US $169 /Group|
- The above price is for pick-up from outside the Chan May Cruise Ship Port. If you require to be pick-up from inside the Port, there will be extra charge for Port Permittion Fee from Local Customs.
- The Above Itinerary is our Recommendation only. Please contact our Travel Specialist if you would like to Customized your Own Itinerary for Sightseeing Day Tours in Hue City.
- We will pick you up at the Border Check of Chan May Cruise Port, about 450m walking from the Port 's Entrance (After getting off from your Ship, you go through Security Check, walk straight 150m to the Port 's Entrance, then turn right and walk another 450m to the border check, where our tour guide will meet you).
- If you require us to pick you up from inside the port. There will be extra charge of 20 USD/Person by the Port Authority Department. Please confirm with us when making reservation if you would like to be picked up inside the port with extra charge of 20USD/person by Port Authority (optional).
Prices aboved may changed if you travel during National Public Holidays in Vietnam (Click to See >>>>).
Other Hue Private Car Transfers You Might Like
Find your trip
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnamese People: Origin, History, Culture and Traditions
- Vietnam Currency: Best ATM and Places to Exchange Money
- Vietnam Map: Regions, Cities & Provinces Map of Vietnam
- What is illegal Things in Vietnam: Rules & Laws for Tourists
- Best Time to Travel to Vietnam to Avoid the Bad Weather
- Vietnam News: Population & Religions of 54 Ethnic Groups