- Walking around historical Imperial Citadel (Forbidden City) of Hue, Vietnam
- Learning about Vietnamese royal family before and after life with local expert
- Visiting to the most well-known & Oldest 7 Floor Thien Mu pagoda in Hue
- Enjoying romantic dragon boat cruise on Romantic named Perfume River
- Learning about importance of Buddhism to our local life in Vietnam
- Enjoy delicious Hue Local Specialties or vegetarian lunch cooked in Pagoda
Hue City Tour 1 Day
8.30am: Our informative tour guide & driver pick you up from your Hue City Hotel (or Arrival Time at Phu Bai International Airport) for Hue City 1 Full Day Tour. We start with a visit to Imperial Citadel (1804 - 1833). It’s within these 21 metre-thick and 10 kilometre-long walls that you’ll find several of the city’s best sites, from the many Ornate Pagodas, Nine Holy Cannons, Flag Tower, Supreme Harmony Palace, Nine Dynastic Urns, Dynastic Temple,... to the Forbidden Purple City. The area took 29 years for 2 Kings to build from 1804 to 1833, most of the buildings were destroyed by bombs during the French War and Amerian War, and nowaday they are under restoration.
We then pay a visit to The Oldest and Most Well-known Thien Mu Pagoda, a beautiful Buddhist temple complex that is located on a hill overlooking to the Perfume River built in 1601 by the first founder of the Nguyen Family in Central Vietnam - Nguyen Hoang. Here you also find an old car and picture of a Buddhist Monk, who set himself in fire in 1963 to protest against Ngo Dinh diem Gorvernment of South Vietnam for Free Religion.
After admiring seven tiers Thien Mu Pagoda, we will enjoy Refreshing Dragon Boat Cruise on Perfume River back to Hue city where our driver is waiting to take you to Buddhist Temple for our delicious vegetarian banquet lunch cooked and served in Pagoda (you can choose to have Hue Local Specialty Food for Lunch instead if you wish - Please confirm when booking this Hue City Tour).
We continue our Hue City Tour 1 Day with a visit to King Tu Duc Tomb (1864 - 1867), which is considered as one of the most beautiful and picturesque and largest works of architecture of Nguyen Dynasty’s royal palaces and tombs, then we can make a quick stop in Conical Hat and Incense Making Workshop to learn how local people here has been making for their living with traditional craft.
Our Hue City Tour 1 Day continues with a visit the most majestic Tomb of King Minh Mang (1841 - 1843) – This majestic tomb is well-knowned for its architecture and sublime forest setting in beautiful quite area. The tomb was planned during Minh Mang’s reign (1820–1840) but built by his successor, Thieu Tri, from 1841-1843.
Our final sight will be the most elaborate Tomb of King Khai Dinh (1920 - 1931), the tomb’s area is much smaller than the tombs of previous Kings. However, this building is far more elaborately designed than others of its era, being a mix of a number of architectural styles: Vietnamese, Indian and European Styles.
After King Khai Dinh Tomb, our driver and tour guide will drop you back to hotel and finish our fantastic Hue City Sightseeing Tour with Perfume River Cruise at about 4.00pm-4.30pm.
This Guided Hue City Tour is always highly rated on TripAdvisor as one of our Best Hue City Tours & Best Hue Day Trips with Top Unique Travel Experience!
Other Options for Hue City Tour:
3 – 4
Price / Person
- Private Transfers Air-condinioner-Car/Van
- Dragon Boat Cruise on Perfume River
- Private Friendly & Knowledgeable English Speaking Guide
- Hue Local Specialty Food or Vegetarian Food for Lunch
- Banking Fee/Money Transfer.
- Personal Expenses & Shopping during tour
- Entrance Tickets (16 USD/person: Citadel + 3 Tombs)
- Drinks on Tour (available to purchase)
- Tip for tour guide and driver, Things not mentioned.
- Decent clothes or prepairing scarf to cover your shoulders and knees are recommended for temples visit please.
- Please inform us if you would like to have Hue Local Specialty Food for lunch instead of Vegetarian (non vegetarian).
- This itinerary is flexible. Please contact our travel consultant to customize your own itinerary for this Best Hue City Tour.