The 10 Best Places to Visit in Hue Vietnam You Should Not Miss
1. Hue Citadel - Hue Imperial City - Hue Forbidden City: Area started from 1804 by Emperor Gia Long and finished in 1833 by Emperor Minh Mang. This was living and working area for 13 Emperors of the Nguyen Dynasty and Royal Family Members from 1804 to 1945.
2. Thien Mu Pagoda (Pagoda of the Celistial Lady): located on the north shore of the beautiful Perfume River, about 5km from the city center. This is the Oldest and Most Famous Pagoda in Hue built from 1601 by Founder of the Nguyen Family (later became the Nguyen Dynasty from 1802-1945).
3. Dong Ba Market: The oldest and biggest market in Hue city, this is definitely a place to visit to immerse yourself in the local culture. Tourists can see all the typical features of a traditional Vietnamese market, such as, the sampan landing, the bus station and the bazaars. Dong Ba market is considered a paradise for snapshots of daily activities as well as for shopping with everything from souvenir items to bronze goods, Hue sesame sweetmeat, conical poem hats, just to name a few. Should you find interest in Vietnamese food or culture, you’d better come here to explore.
4. Minh Mang Tomb: Tombs of Minh Mang is one of the Best Tombs in Hue City built with Oriental Architecture. This Tomb was started by Minh Mang in Apr 1840 for himself as a Summer Palace. But King died before the tomb finished and later built by his son (King Thieu Tri). Tomb took 3 years for 6.000 men to built.
5. Tu Duc Tomb: Emperor Tu Duc ruled our country for 36 years (1847-1883), the longest time compare to any Emperors of the Nguyen's Dynasty. Although he had about 103 wives and concubines, he was unable to have children as he had mumps when he was 20. Then he had to adopt 3 nephews to become adopted sons. He built tomb for himself from 1964-1867 and later used this as summer palace from 1867 - 1883.
6. Khai Dinh Tomb: This is the only one tomb of the Nguyen Emperors built with blended architecture of Vietnamese, Hinduism and Roman. Also this is the only one tomb, where body of the Emperor was placed under neath of his tomb. Tomb took 11 year to built, from 1920 to 1931.
7. Bach Ma National Park: Bach Ma National Park is an old French Hill station stretching out over some 40,000 unspoilt hectares and offering great hiking trails, waterfalls, slightly odd and very basic lodgings, a camp site and plenty of wildlife (keep that tent zipped up). It’s home to one of the most stunning stretches of jungle walk and mountain ranges.
8. Thuan An Beach: About 14 kilometres from City Center is the nearest beach in Hue, Thuan An. Though it's one of Central Vietnam's most beautiful beaches, it's ridiculously undeveloped with just a scattering of shacks in various stages of decline. The recent addition of Beach Bar Hue may start to change the scene, as this shabby chic spot is well on the way to being one of the most popular day trips from Hue.
9. Dam Chuon Lagoon: Located in An Truyen Village, 12km away from Hue City. But Dam Chuon is considered like untouched place by tourist flow. Place can be reached on Motorbike, Bike and Car. The best way to visit is to be on Hue Motorbike Tours or Hue Bicycle Tours to visit beautiful local villages and do fishing with local before you enjoy local seafood lunch here. Also you can join Hue Car Rental Service to get there. Worth a visit!
10. Elephant Springs: The Elephant Springs (Elephant Waterfall), some 60 kilometres from Hue, is an excellent natural spring that is well worth a visit. Particularly on a hot day, the natural pool below a small waterfall makes for a very refreshing dip. You can sluice yourself down the smooth rocks at the base of the falls, and there are plenty more spots upstream to explore.
If you are looking for the Best Free Things to do and to see when traveling to Hue Royal City of Vietnam? Here is the list of Best Free Things to see and to do for local/international tourists in Hue City Vietnam: Free Things to See in Hue Vietnam.
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnam Stops Arrival Medical Declarations from April 27th
- Hanoi Airport Guide: Time Table of Vietnam Airlines Shuttle Bus
- Ho Chi Minh City is about to have a New Helicopter Tour
- Covid-19 Updated: Vietnam Fully Reopen Border for Tourism
- Vietnam Proposes to Fully Open for Tourism from March 15
- Vietnam Will Lift International Flights Restrictions from Feb 15