Top 10 Museums You Should Not Miss in Vietnam
Vietnam, 4.000 years old country has a unique and lengthy history with 54 ethnic groups. It has a series of museums spreading in north, central and south to learn about what has happened here. This article includes the 10 Best Museums to visit in the big cities of Vietnam. Let’s have a look at the list below:
1. Ho Chi Minh Museum: Ho Chi Minh Museum is located at 19, Ngoc Ha Street, Doi Can Ward, Ba Dinh, Hanoi. It is one of the major museums in Vietnam. The Ho Chi Minh Museum is home to many documents and artifacts about President Ho Chi Minh during his revolutionary period. This is not only a place to store many historical values but also a tourist attraction to attract domestic and foreign tourists. Go to the Ho Chi Minh Museum not only to understand more about the revolutionary life of the great national hero, but also to learn about his working style and moral thought.
Some other relics close to Ho Chi Minh Museum for you to visit are: Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Presidential Palace ruins, One Pillar Pagoda, ... Opening time at Ho Chi Minh Museum is from 8 am - 12 pm and 2 pm - 4:30 pm Particularly for two days Monday and Friday, the time is open from 8am - 12pm.
2. Museum of Vietnamese Revolution: Revolution Museum Hanoi (or Vietnam Revolution Museum) is addressed at 25, Tong Dan Street, Trang Tien Ward, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi. Museum of Vietnamese Revolution is to store a lot of documents and artifacts as well as to recreate the history of heroic resistance of the whole nation in the resistance against France, the United States, Japan, feudal, ... to regain independence and self-reliance. due to the nation like today.
Vietnam Revolution Museum has more than 4 thousand artifacts on display. There are a total of 29 galleries, of which 27 are for exhibiting artifacts during the struggles against France, the US and Japan from the 19th century until 1975. The remaining 2 rooms include the first one. used to introduce the country, the people of Vietnam and the last room was used to introduce the spirit of solidarity and mutual support of the world and Vietnam.
Today, the Vietnam Revolution Museum has become one of the destinations of domestic visitors and especially international friends when coming to Vietnam.
3. Vietnam Military History Museum: Vietnam Military History Museum is located at 28A Dien Bien Phu Street, Dien Bien Ward, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi which is the first museum of the military museum system. Vietnam Military History Museum was built in 1956 and is a place to store and display many valuable artifacts, including 4 national treasures: MiG21 aircraft No. 5121, T54B tank number. 843 entered Independence Palace in April 30, 1975, MiG21 Aircraft No. 4324 and Ho Chi Minh Campaign Determination Map. In addition to these 4 treasures, there are nearly 16,000 artifacts currently stored here.
The Vietnam Military History Museum was formerly known as the Military Museum, later renamed the Military Museum and on December 4, 2002, the Prime Minister decided to change the Military Museum. team into Vietnam Military History Museum.
4. Air Force and Air Defence Museum (Hanoi Air Defence Museum): Vietnam Air Force and Air Defence Museum is located at 177 Truong Chinh Street, Phuong Mai Ward, Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi. Formerly the Defense Chamber Traditional Room was established in 1958. This is the second-ranked museum in the Vietnamese museum system. In 2004, the museum was newly built and completed in 2007.
This is a place to store many important artifacts and documents of the Air Force - Air Force soldiers during the construction, fighting and the school. The exhibition at the museum is divided into 2 main parts which are the indoor display and the large block artifacts displayed outdoors.
Indoor artifacts are divided into 6 categories, each of which is associated with other wars such as the resistance against France, the United States, ... Outdoor artifacts include unique weapons such as radars, radars, air force, missiles and other types of aircraft, transport helicopters, etc. have contributed to winning the wars of the nation.
5. Vietnam Museum of Ethnology: Located on Nguyen Van Huyen Street, Quan Hoa Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi. Vietnam Museum of Ethnology currently stores and displays many cultural artifacts of 54 ethnic groups in Vietnam, including artifacts, movies, audio tapes, etc. and is divided into separate display areas such as ethnic groups. , utility, clothing, weapons, household appliances, musical instruments, jewelry, agricultural tools, religion - belief, ....
This is one of the attractive places to visit for domestic and foreign tourists. In the exhibition area, the notes, articles are presented in 3 languages including Vietnamese, English and French.
6. Vietnam Women's Museum: Vietnam Women's Museum is located at 36 Ly Thuong Kiet Street, Hang Bai Ward, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi. Established in 1987, this is a museum built to honor Vietnamese women. Products on display at the museum include documents, tangible and intangible heritages related to the history and culture of Vietnamese women. Each of the exhibits displayed here is associated with a separate story in historical periods.
Collections in the Vietnam Women's Museum are classified according to materials such as ceramic, paper, leather, horn, earth, textile, metal, etc.
To help Vietnamese people and international friends to better understand Vietnamese women, the museum regularly organizes education and skills development activities for children aged 7 to 15 who are extremely helpful and exciting.
7. Vietnam Fine Art Museum: It is home to many cultural and artistic heritages of the Vietnamese ethnic community. Address at 66 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, Dien Bien Ward, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi. Because it is located in a central location, it is very convenient for you to visit Vietnam Fine Arts Museum during your trip to Hanoi.
Vietnam Fine Arts Museum currently stores and displays over 18,000 artifacts in the country, typical for Vietnamese Fine Arts from the prehistoric period to the present.
8. Saigon War Remnants Museum: Located at 28 Vo Van Tan Street, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City. The War Remnants Museum is a place to store and display some artifacts and images in the Vietnam War with topics such as exiled American soldiers, spraying toxic chemicals, and spraying bombs to destroy the North. There are also artifacts like airplanes, tanks, cannons and two compartments of Tiger Cages built simulated to the size of Tiger Cages at Con Dao Prison - one of the famous prisons in Vietnam attached. with national history.
At the War Remnants Museum, there are also galleries on the War to protect the Northern border, War on the Southwest border and products of national culture, and the puppet room are also displayed outside the museum.
9. Da Nang Museum of Cham Sculpture: Cham Museum Danang is located at 2/9 Street, Hai Chau District, Da Nang. This is a museum displaying large-scale Cham artifacts in Vietnam. It displays many of the sculptural artifacts of the Kingdom of Champa found in the Central Highlands provinces, Binh Thuan, Ha Tinh, ...
The museum currently displays about 500 exhibits in separate areas based on the location found such as My Son room, Thap Mam, Dong Duong, Tra Kieu,….
10. Museum of Oceanography Nha Trang: Museum of Oceanography is located in Nha Trang city, Khanh Hoa. There are many famous marine creatures in the world here. Coming to the museum, you will have the opportunity to admire the beauty of tens of thousands of species in the South China Sea as well as hundreds of tropical marine species. In particular, the Museum of Oceanography also stores, preserves and displays the giant whale skeleton that has been buried in the ground for at least more than 200 years.
In addition, when visiting the Museum of Oceanography, you also have the opportunity to learn about valuable resources and antimicrobials as well as coastal environment landscapes, ecosystems such as sea grass, coral reefs, mangroves,…. Every year, the Oceanographic Museum welcomes a large number of tourists, especially during the peak seasons of Nha Trang Tourism.
- Things to Know When Traveling to Vietnam during TET
- Meaning of Lucky Money Envelope for TET in Vietnam
- Best Time to Travel to Vietnam to Avoid Bad Weather
- The List of 10 Best Beaches for Your Vietnam Holiday
- The List of 10 Best Places You Should Visit in Vietnam
- The 10 Best Vietnamese Food You Should Never Miss
- Vietnamese Zodiac and Elements: Signs of 12 Animals
Best of Vietnam
Find your trip
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnamese People: Origin, History, Culture and Traditions
- Vietnam Currency: Best ATM and Places to Exchange Money
- Vietnam Map: Regions, Cities & Provinces Map of Vietnam
- What is illegal Things in Vietnam: Rules & Laws for Tourists
- Best Time to Travel to Vietnam to Avoid the Bad Weather
- Vietnam News: Population & Religions of 54 Ethnic Groups