Top 10 Cities to visit in Vietnam
1. Hanoi City - Click to See >>>: Hanoi City has been the Capital of Vietnam for long time and many dynasties. It is today the Capital of Socialist Republic of Vietnam and the 2nd biggest city in Vietnam after Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) with population of about 8 millions people. It is now also one of The Best Places to visit in Vietnam.
When you travel to Hanoi, make sure you book Cheap Hanoi Day Tours with Great Knowledgeable Tour Guide to visit many best tourist attractions in Hanoi like: Ho Chi Minh Complex, Hoan Kiem Lake, Tran Quoc Pagoda, Temple of Literature and Imperial College, Women Museum, Military Museum, Hoa Lo Prison, Ethnology Museum, Hanoi Old Quater,...
2. Sapa City - Click to See >>>: Sa Pa City, located in Lao Cai Province is 380km North West from Hanoi Capital is a popular trekking base, it overlooks the terraced rice fields of the Muong Hoa Valley, and is near the 3,143m-tall Fansipan (Phang Xi Pang) peak, which is climbable via a steep, multiday guided walk. Hill tribes, such as the Hmong, Tay and Dao, make up much of the town's local population.
Sapa Tours from Hanoi is The Most Popular Choice for Tourists to visit Top Famous Sapa City with Bac Ha Market, Can Cau Market, Love Market, Muong Hoa Valley, Ta Phin Village, Cat Cat Village, Lao Chai Village, Ta Van Village, Giang Ta Chai Village, Ban Ho Village.
3. Halong Bay - Click to See >>>: Ha Long Bay, in northeast Vietnam, is known for its emerald waters and thousands of towering limestone islands topped by rain forests. Junk boat tours and sea kayak expeditions take visitors past islands named for their shapes, including Stone Dog and Teapot islets. The region is popular for scuba diving, rock climbing and hiking, particularly in mountainous Cat Ba National Park.
Join Halong Bay Tours from Hanoi to experience Halong Bay with Cave Exploring and Kayaking for 1 day or for overnight cruises will bring you the Best Travel Experiences so far.
4. Ninh Binh Province - Click to See >>>: Ninh Bình is a province in Northern Vietnam's Red River Delta. In the province's northwest, the vast Cuc Phuong National Park (Vườn Quốc Gia Cúc Phương) is known for its green valleys, karst mountains and conservation centers. It has hiking trails and caves, and is home to many rare species including langur monkeys and pangolins. In the northeast, its namesake capital city is a base for exploring nearby temples.
Hoa Lu in Ninh Binh was also the Capital of Vietnam during Dinh Dynaty and First Le Dynasty from 968 - 1010 with Hoa Lu Temples to worship the Kings. Tam Coc, known as Halong Bay On Land and Trang An (the only World Natural and Cultural Heritage Site in Vietnam are today The Best Tourist Attractions in Northern Vietnam.
5. Quang Binh Province - Click to See >>>: Quang Binh is a province in central Vietnam, bordering Laos to the west and the East Sea to the east. The capital Dong Hoi City is known for the remains of its star-shaped 19th-century citadel and the long sandy stretch of beautiful Nhat Le beach. The city is a base for accessing the Phong Nha - Ke Bang National Park, featuring mountainous jungle and many limestone caves including the World Biggest Son Doong Cave.
Tourist travel to Quang Binh can join Cheap Tours to Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park for one day or multi day Cave Exploring and Jungle Trekking from Phong Nha Village Hotels or from Dong Hoi City Hotels.
6. Hue City - Click to See >>>: Hue was given to Vietnamese King of Tran Dynasty in 1306 as the wedding gift when Che Man King of Cham Pa Kingdom marriaged to Vietnamese Pricess. This area was also the head quarter of the Nguyen Family during Vietnam Civil War during 16th - 18th centuries.
Hue was later the seat of 13 Emperors of the Nguyen Dynasty and the national capital of Vietnam from 1802 to 1945. A major attraction is its vast, 19th-century Imperial Citadel, surrounded by a moat and thick stone walls. It encompasses the Imperial City, with palaces and shrines; the Forbidden Purple City (Tử cấm thành), once the emperor’s home; and a replica of the Royal Theater. Hue City Vietnam is also a Top Tourist Attraction in Vietnam with many Best Places to visit: Thien Mu Pagoda, Royal Tombs of Nguyen Kings, Tam Giang Lagoon, Bach Ma National Park.
7. Hoi An City - Click to See >>>: Hoi An Vietnam was Avamarati of Cham Pa Kingdom from 4th to 15th Century and known as Fai-Fo or Faifoo to Vietnamese people. From 15th to 19th century, this was one of the main trading port in Southest Asia with many traders come from all over the World.
Today, Hoi An is one of The Best World Tourist Attractions in Vietnam with beautiful countryside, many old building inside and outside of Hoi An City: Japanese Bridge, Old Houses, Chinese Assambly Halls, Old Pagoda, Family Chapels, My Son Holy Land,...
8. Nha Trang City - Click to See >>>: Nha Trang Vietnam was once known as Kauthara of Cham Pa Kingdom - A Powerful Kingdom in Central Vietnam from 4th century to 17th century. During Civil War in Vietnam between Trinh Family and Nguyen Family, Lord Nguyen Phuc Tan took over Kauthara in 1653 and started Thai Khang and Dien Ninh Towns called Khanh Hoa Province nowaday.
Nha Trang is a coastal resort city in Khanh Hoa Province known for its beautiful beaches, diving sites and offshore islands. Its main beach is a long, curving stretch along Tran Phu Street backed by a promenade, hotels and seafood restaurants. Aerial cable cars cross over to Hòn Tre Island, and the nature reserves of Hòn Mun and Hòn Tằm islands, reachable by boat, have coral reefs.
9. Dalat City - Click to See >>>: Dalat Vietnam is well known as a top honey moon city in Vietnam located about 1.500m above sea level. It’s weather is cool year-round and idyllic scenery of misty valleys, lush pine trees and colorful flowers are some of the reasons that Dalat City was once used by Vietnamese Kings and French Colonials as a summer retreat.
Today, this charming town in the South Central Highlands of Vietnam is a popular destination for those looking for relief from the heat. Dalat is a beautiful scene of French colonial architecture and villas set amid picturesque landscapes.
10. Ho Chi Minh City - Click to See >>>: Saigon or Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam is a young city to Vietnamese as this only belonged to Vietnam from 1868. This was the Capital of South Vietnam during Vietnam War and is now the biggest city in whole country. Tourist travel to Saigon can join Saigon Day Tours visit many best sightseeing places in city like: War Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral, General Post Office, Reunification Palace, Cu Chi Tunnels...
- See Also: Best Time to Visit Vietnam
Best of Vietnam
Find your trip
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnamese People: Origin, History, Culture and Traditions
- Vietnam Currency: Best ATM and Places to Exchange Money
- Vietnam Map: Regions, Cities & Provinces Map of Vietnam
- What is illegal Things in Vietnam: Rules & Laws for Tourists
- Best Time to Travel to Vietnam to Avoid the Bad Weather
- Vietnam News: Population & Religions of 54 Ethnic Groups