- Learning about Rich History of Vietnam with local expert
- Cycling the local bicycle on the rural road, local cultural.
- Taking the sampan on a river through the rice paddies to the grottoes in Halong on Land.
- Light walking and cycling the local bicycle on the rural road, local cultural exchange.
Hoa Lu - Tam Coc Day Tour
We start our tour at 7:30am with a 120km drive through rural northern Vietnam, from Hanoi to Ninh Binh. Our first stop is at Hoa Luu – the first royal capital of Vietnam’s centralized feudal state from 968 – 1010 led by three dynasties of Dinh, Early Le and Ly.
After visiting the two remaining sanctuaries of the ancient citadel, we start our 12km cycling trip through country roads from Hoa Lu to Tam Coc (Three grottos). On the way we will stop to take photos of the farmers working on their rice crop with the magnificent scenery of Limestone Mountains in the distance. After 1 hour cycling we arrive to Tam Coc resting and enjoy a good buffet lunch in a local restaurant. In the afternoon take a sampan on a river through the rice paddies to the grottoes of the sacred Tam Coc Caves. Enormous limestone karsts jut out from the green rice fields giving rise to this place’s other name, ‘Halong on Land’. Late afternoon we return to Hanoi, the trip ends.
Hoa Lu - Tam coc Tour is one of the Best Day Trips from Hanoi to experience rural of Vietnam and learn about rich history and culture of locals.
Tour Price: 58USD/person
Inclusions: English speaking guide, Private transfer round trip, All entrance tickets as indicated in itinerary, Lunch with Vietnamese Foods, Boat Trip, Bicycle Tour.
Exclusions: Personal expenses, Beverages, Tax & service charge, Tips for tour guide, driver and boat crews, Pick up from hotel if outside Hanoi's Old Quarter, Things not mentioned.
Trip Note: Private Tour for this Ninh Binh Day Trip from Hanoi is available on request.
Other Hanoi Tours You Might Like
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnam Stops Arrival Medical Declarations from April 27th
- Hanoi Airport Guide: Time Table of Vietnam Airlines Shuttle Bus
- Ho Chi Minh City is about to have a New Helicopter Tour
- Covid-19 Updated: Vietnam Fully Reopen Border for Tourism
- Vietnam Proposes to Fully Open for Tourism from March 15
- Vietnam Will Lift International Flights Restrictions from Feb 15