Nha Trang Travel Guide
Nha Trang Vietnam
Nha Trang is a coastal city and a center of politics, economics, culture, science and technology and tourism of Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam. Before becoming the land of Vietnam, Nha Trang belonged to Champa. Cham sites are still in many places in Nha Trang.
From 1653 to the mid-nineteenth century, Nha Trang was still a wilderness area and many wildlife in Ha Bac, Vinh Xuong district, Dien Khanh district. Only in the first two decades of the twentieth century, the face of Nha Trang changed rapidly. With the Decree of August 30, 1924, Governor of Indochina, Nha Trang became a town (center urban). Nha Trang town is formed from ancient villages: Xuong Huan, Phuong Cau, Van Thanh, Phuong Sai, Phuoc Hai.
During the French colonial period, Nha Trang was considered as the capital of Khanh Hoa province. Specialist agencies of the colonial administration, such as the Royal Courts, Matriarchs, Maritime Offices, Post Offices ... are all located in Nha Trang. However, the Nam dynasty's organs, such as the Tuan Dance and the Judiciary, were judged in the Dien Khanh Citadel (10 km from Nha Trang). Southwest).
Following the Decree of May 7, 1937 of Governor-General of Indochina, Nha Trang was upgraded to a commune . At the newly established, Nha Trang town has 5 wards: Xuong Huan is the first ward, Phuong Cau is the second ward, Van Thanh is the third ward, Phuong Hai is the fourth ward, Phuoc Hai is the fifth ward.
On January 27, 1958, Ngô Đình Di0m administration issued Decree 18-BNV abolishing the city regulations, dividing Nha Trang into two communes namely Nha Trang East and Nha Trang West in Vinh Xuong District.
On October 22, 1970, Decree No. 132-SL / NV of the Government of the Republic of Vietnam took two communes Nha Trang East, Nha Trang Tay and Vinh Hai, Vinh Phuoc, Vinh Truong, Vinh Nguyen, Phuoc hamlets. Hai (Vinh Thai Commune), Vinh Diem Ha (Vinh Hiep Commune), Ngoc Thao, Ngoc Hoi, and Cam Cam (Vinh Ngoc Commune) in Vinh Xuong District, Hon Lon Island, Hon Mot, Hon Mun, Hon Mieu, Hon Silkworm re-established Nha Trang town, Khanh Hoa province. Nha Trang town is divided into 2 districts: District 1 and District 2. District 1 includes the communes of Nha Trang Dong, Vinh Hai, Vinh Phuoc, Ngoc Thao, Ngoc Hoi and Lu Cam villages in Vinh Ngoc commune, Vinh Diem hamlet. Vinh Hiep Commune; District 2 includes the communes of Nha Trang Tay, Vinh Truong, Vinh Nguyen (including Hon Tre, Hon Mot, Hon Mun, Hon Tam), Phuoc Hai hamlet of Vinh Thai commune.
Then, Decree No. 357- ĐUHC / NC / NĐ dated June 5, 1971, dividing Nha Trang town into 11 neighborhoods: District 1 has the areas of Vinh Hai, Vinh Phuoc, Ngoc Hiep, Van Thanh, Duy Tan. The District 2 has the areas of Vinh Nguyen, Vinh Truong, Phuong Sai, Tan Phuoc, Tan Lap, Phuoc Hai. Decree No. 553-BNV / HC / NV dated 22 August 1972 changed the streets of the city. Decree No. 444- BNV / HCĐP / 26.X of September 3, 1974 merged the islands of Hon Mot, Hon Cau, Hon Diem, Hon Vong, Hon Do into Vinh Hai ward (District 1) and Hon Ngoc into ward Vinh Nguyen (district 2) of Nha Trang.
On April 2, 1975, the Liberation Army took over Nha Trang. On April 6, 1975, the Khanh Hoa Military Committee divided Nha Trang into 3 administrative units: District 1, District 2 and Vinh Xuong District.
In September 1975, the two districts were merged: District 1 and District 2 into Nha Trang Town, including 17 wards: Loc Tho, Ngoc Hiep, Phuoc Hai, Phuoc Hoa, Phuoc Tan, Phuoc Tien, Phuong Sai, Phuong Son, Tan. Van Thang, Van Thanh, Vinh Hai, Vinh Nguyen, Vinh Phuoc, Vinh Tho, Vinh Truong, Xuong Huan.
Nha Trang was officially recognized as a grade 1 city by the Prime Minister of Vietnam on 22 April 2009. Nha Trang is known as the jewel of the East Sea, the pearl of green because of its natural value, beauty and climate.