Hue Travel Guide
Hue City, Vietnam
Before 2nd century, this area was dominated by Chinese until 192 when local people defeated Chinese and started the first nation here named Lin Y. From the 4th century, this area was the land of Champa Kingdom until 1306 when Champa King marriage Vietnamese Princes and gave this area to Vietnamese as the wedding gift.
In 1789, Nguyen Hue defeated Nguyen and Trinh Families to start a new Dynasty named Tay Son Dynasty, but Nguyen Anh from Nguyen family still survived and later in 1802, he came back and defeated the Tay Son dynasty to start the Nguyen Dynasty. He became the first King of the Nguyen Dynasty and Hue officially became the Capital for the whole country.
In 1945, Nguyen Dynasty ended by Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi was chosen to be the Capital for the whole country.
Best of Vietnam
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Best Ways to Get from Hue to Hoi An and Vice Versa
- Main Programs and Schedule of Hue Festival 2020
- Hue Sightseeing Ticket Price in 2020
- Tu Lan Caves System - the Unreal World in Central Vietnam
- Mui Ne Beach: Vietnam's Best Sand Dunes in Phan Thiet City
- Ru Cha Mangrove Forest - Discovering pristine beauty of Hue Countryside