Tomb of Emperor Thieu Tri - The Third King of the Nguyen Dynasty
Thieu Tri Tomb (Mausoleum): Thieu Tri mausoleum is based on Thuan Dao mountain, in the territory of Cu Chanh village, Thuy Bang commune, Huong Thuy district, about 8 km from Hue citadel. Compared to the tomb of the predecessors and successors, Thieu Tri tomb has its own characteristics.
This is the only tomb facing northwest, a direction rarely used in palace architecture and tombs of the Nguyen Dynasty. 8 km from the tomb, the towering Mount Cham is selected as a criminal record. The Perfume River flows through the front as a road illustrator.
Even choosing " Left Blue Dragon" and "Right White Tiger" also have unusual features: Vong Canh hill on this side of the river was chosen as "dragon adoration", but "tiger ambush" is the Ngoc Trang mountain on the other side of the river. Behind, Kim Ngoc mountain in the clouds was chosen to be post-occipital; At the same time, the architects added a large mound of soil right behind the mausoleum to make the second post-occipital.
Another peculiar feature is the mausoleum without La Thanh surrounding. If at Gia Long mausoleum, La citadel is made of bricks, it is replaced by countless mountains and hills surrounded by a natural, majestic belt to protect the sleep of the Nguyen Dynasty's emperor. At Thieu Tri Mausoleum, rice fields, the surrounding green gardens are considered La Thanh. It is the La La nature that makes the landscape of Thieu Tri tombs serene and peaceful.
Discover 7 Hue Royal Tombs of the Nguyen Emperors:
- Tomb of Emperor Gia Long
- Tomb of Emperor Minh Mang
- Tomb of Emperor Thieu Tri
- Tomb of Emperor Tu Duc
- Tomb of Emperor Duc Duc
- Tomb of Emperor Dong Khanh
- Tomb of Emperor Khai Dinh
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Mui Ne Beach: The Best Coastal Resort Town in Phan Thiet City
- Covid-19 in Vietnam Updated: Emergency Announcement No 20
- Long Beach: The Best Tourist Attractions on Phu Quoc Island
- Complete Travel Guide to Dam Market in Nha Trang Vietnam
- Travel Guide for Visiting Phan Thiet Central Market of Vietnam
- Travel Guide to Quang Ba Night Flower Market in Hanoi Vietnam