Tomb of Emperor Gia Long - The First King of the Nguyen Dynasty
Gia Long Tomb (Mausoleum): The mausoleum began construction in 1814 and was not completed until 1820. The entire mausoleum is a mountain complex with 42 hills and mountains, large and small, of which Dai Thien Tho is the largest mountain chosen as a precedent of the mausoleum and is the name of the whole mountain. From the banks of the Perfume River to the mausoleum, there is a wide road on both sides growing pine and melancholy soaring, blue, creating a cool, quiet air. Two majestic pillars are located on the outside, signaling the tomb.
With a circumference of up to 11,234.40 m; Thien Tho Lang includes the following tombs:
- Quang Hung Tomb of Mrs. Thai Tong Hieu Triet Queen, the second wife of Lord Hien Nguyen Phuc Tan (1620-1687).
- Vinh Mau's Mausoleum by Anh Tong Hieu Nghia Queen, Lord Nguyen's wife Nguyen Phuc Tran (1650-1725).
- Truong Phong Mausoleum of Lord Nguyen Phuc Chu (1697-1738).
- Legendary Mausoleum of Ms. Hung To Hieu Khuong Queen (1738-1811), second wife of Nguyen Phuc Con (Luan) and mother of King Gia Long.
- Hoang Co tomb of Thai Chief Princess Long Thanh, sister of King Gia Long.
- Thien Tho Mausoleum of King Gia Long and his wife.
- Tomb of Thien Tho Huu of Mrs. Thuan Thien Cao Queen, second wife of Gia Long king, mother of Minh Mang king.
The entire tomb is a complex of 42 hills and mountains with big and small names, of which Dai Thien Tho is the largest. The tomb of the king lies on a large flat hill. Dai Dai Tho used to be the language project, after that there were 7 mountains as post-occipital, on the left and right side, there were 14 mountains of left dragon and white tiger. The tomb is divided into 3 areas:
- The middle part is the tomb area of the king and Mrs. Thua Thien Cao Queen. Crossing the adjoining courtyard with solemn stone statues and 7 courtyard levels is Buu Thanh at the top of the hill.
- To the right of the tomb is an impregnated area with Minh Thanh Palace worshiping the Emperor and First Queen
- On the left of the tomb is Bi Dinh, now there is only a large stele with an inscription of the holy deed of King Minh Mang praising his father, carved exquisitely and exquisitely.
- Gia Long Mausoleum is a masterpiece of the arrangement between nature and architecture. The first king of the Nguyen Dynasty rested in a quiet and poetic space.
Discover 7 Hue Royal Tombs of the Nguyen Emperors:
- Tomb of Emperor Gia Long
- Tomb of Emperor Minh Mang
- Tomb of Emperor Thieu Tri
- Tomb of Emperor Tu Duc
- Tomb of Emperor Duc Duc
- Tomb of Emperor Dong Khanh
- Tomb of Emperor Khai Dinh
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Mui Ne Beach: The Best Coastal Resort Town in Phan Thiet City
- Covid-19 in Vietnam Updated: Emergency Announcement No 20
- Long Beach: The Best Tourist Attractions on Phu Quoc Island
- Complete Travel Guide to Dam Market in Nha Trang Vietnam
- Travel Guide for Visiting Phan Thiet Central Market of Vietnam
- Travel Guide to Quang Ba Night Flower Market in Hanoi Vietnam