What to Do for 1, 2 or 3 days in Hue City of Vietnam?
Visiting Hue or Hoi An? How long to spend and what to do in Hue Vietnam? This will help you with the Best Itinerary of what to do, how to plan you time in Hue. As Hue is never a boring city if you are traveling with local experts, who were born and grown up in the region and always love to show you their beautiful motherland with hidden treasuries.
Day 1: Discover Hue Best Tourist Attractions to learn about life of the Kings; their wive, concubines & eunuchs:
Hue City was the Ancient Royal Capital of Vietnam from 1802-1945 under 13 Emperors of the Nguyen Dynasty. During these 143 years, the Nguyen's Kings constructed many buildings to serve their daily life activities and also life after death. Today you will have chance to discover these with our Hue City Tour 1 Day or on Your Own with our Private Car Service or Motorbike Rental.
- Hue Imperial Citadel (1804 - 1833): This area is also called Royal Palace, Forbidden City constructed from 1804-1833 by 2 first Kings of the Nguyen Dynasty (Gia Long & Minh Mang) and was the centre for Economy, Culture and Political Activities of Royal Family. You will spend time for your own Walking Tour in Imperial City to visit Flag Tower, 9 Holy Cannons, South Gate, Supreme Harmorny Palaces, 9 Dynastic Urns, Forbidden City.
- Thien Mu Pagoda (1601): The oldest and most famous pagoda in Hue built from 1601 by the Founder of the Nguyen Family in this region (Nguyen Hoang). Pagoda was built and named so (Thien Mu Pagoda - Heavenly Lady Buddha Pagoda) after the story of local people when they dream about lady Buddha sitting on this hill.
- Minh Mang Tomb (1840 - 1843): Started by himself but finished by his son - King Thieu Tri (1940 - 1847). Tomb's area is 1 hecta with living, working area for King, Queen,.. and especially living room for his minor wives an concubines after his death.
- Tu Duc Tomb (1864 - 1867): Built by King Tu Duc (1847 - 1883) for himself from 1864 - 1867. This was also place where King Tu Duc sometimes lived and worked when he was still alive. Tomb's area is about 12 Hecta including 2 seperated areas: Temple area and Burial area.
- Khai Dinh Tomb (1920 - 1931): The only Royal Tomb with Blended Styles of Oriental and European. This is only Nguyen King's Tomb built with different style and tomb we know King was buried underneath of his tomb.
Another Best Day in Hue with our Motorbike Tour or Cycling Tour to Hue's Countryside and Villages to experience the hidden life of Hue People.
Today we will visit Historical Thanh Toan Coverd Bridge, Interesting Thanh Toan Local Market, Amazing Thanh Toan Agricultural Museum and especially join Fishing Activities by Fishing Net and Trap with Local Man in Dam Chuon Fishing Village in Tam Giang Lagoon. We also have delicious local seafood lunch in Stilted House in the Fishing Village before heading back to Hue City and finish one of your best day in Hue Vietnam.
Bach Ma National Park is located in Thua Thien-Hue province, about 40 km from Hue city. With an area of 22,030 ha, mainly located in two districts Phu Loc and Nam Dong in Thua Thien Hue Province.
Bach Ma Peak at 1,450 meters above sea level is the highest peak of the park. Bach Ma now becomes one of the Best Tourist Attractions in Hue City. Join our Hue to Bach Ma Private Car Transport for your own Discovery to Bach Ma National Park.
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Top 10 Weirdest Vietnamese Food
- Mekong Delta Travel Guide: Best Things to Do & Places to Visit
- Top 10 Hanoi Tourist Attractions
- Cu Chi Tunnels Vietnam Guide: Facts, Length, History with Map
- Things to know for Backpackers before Traveling to Vietnam
- Nguyen Dynasty - Last Royal Family in Vietnam with 13 Kings