Hue to DMZ by Car
Vietnamese Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) run from east-west near the center of present-day Vietnam (spanning more than a hundred kilometers), about a hundred kilometers north of the city of Hue. It ran along the Ben Hai River for much of its length, and an island nearby was controlled by North Vietnamese forces during the Vietnam War. Although it was nominally described as being at "the 17th parallel," almost all of the zone lies to the south of the parallel, with only a small portion of the zone near the eastern end actually including the parallel - Join our Hue to DMZ Private Car to discover Historical Hien Luong Bridge, Ben Hai River, Vinh Moc Tunnels, Khe Sanh Combat Base:
Agreed Time: Our Experienced and Friendly Driver will pick you up from your Hue city hotel to depart for DMZ Tour. Today, you will have chance to visit some famous sites of Vietnam Demilitarized Zone to learn more about the Vietnam War with:
- Hien Luong Bridge (Cầu Hiền Lương) is a bridge over Ben Hai River , Vinh Linh District, Quang Tri Province (about nearly 100km north of Hue city), North Central Coast of Vietnam. This bridge is located in 17th Parallel and in Vietnam War, it was bisected between South Vietnam and North Vietnam.
- Ben Hai River has a total length of about 100 kilometers Quang Tri Province, its source is located in the Truong Son Mountains along the border with Laos and it flows into the East Sea at Cua Tung (Tung River mouth). In the mountains, the river is named "Rao Thanh". It flows from west to east just south of the 17th parallel and close to the northern border of Quảng Trị Province, in which it is located. At its widest point, the river is about 200 meters wide. This was well known as Border between North and South Vietnam during Vietnam War.
- Vinh Moc Tunnels ( Địa Đạo Vịnh Mốc) is a tunnel complex in Quang Tri, Vietnam. During the American War it was strategically located on the border of North Vietnam and South Vietnam. The tunnels were built to shelter people from the intense bombing of Son Trung and Son Ha communes in Vinh Linh county of Quang Tri Province in the Vietnamese Demilitarized Zone.
- Khe Sanh Combat Base is the district capital of Huong Hoa District, Quang Tri Province, Vietnam, about 63 km west of Đong Ha city. During the Vietnam War, the Khe Sanh Combat Base was located to the north of the city. The Battle of Khe Sanh took place there. The Khe Sanh Combat Base is a museum where relics of the war are exhibited. Most of the former base is now overgrown by wilderness or coffee and banana plants.
4 Seat Sedan
7 Seat SUV
16 Seat Van
|Hue – DMZ Half Day (Round Trip)||US $58||US $68||US $78|
|Hue – DMZ Full Day (Round Trip)||US $89||US $99||US $109|
- Entrance Fees Cost: History Museum Hien Luong Bridge - Ben Hai River DMZ (50.000vnd), Vinh Moc Tunnels (50.000vnd), Khe Sanh Combat Base (50.000vnd).
- English Speaking Tour Guide is Available if Requested or you can order Local Tour Guide for Vinh Moc Tunnels and Khe Sanh Combat Base at the Sites.
Other Hue Private Car Transfers You Might Like
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Travel Blog
- A Completed Travel Guide to Central Market in Hoi An Old Town
- Travel Guide for Visiting to Con Dao National Park Vietnam
- Travel Guide to Cuc Phuong National Park in Ninh Binh Vietnam
- Yok Don National Park Vietnam: Everything You Need to Know
- Ba Be National Park Vietnam: Everything You Need to Know
- Cat Ba National Park Vietnam: Everything You Need to Know