Standing Lady Buddha Temple: An Attractive Pagoda in Hue City
A place that attracts thousands of Buddhists all over the country to worship incense for the Buddha's anniversary, the full moon festival, the beginning of the spring and new year, the Sacred Relics Center of Avalokitesvara statue (or called Guan Yin Monument and Standing Buddha) built on Tu Tuong mountain - Thuy Bang commune - Huong Thuy district - Thua Thien Hue province. To get up here, you have to overcome 145 steps built of cement spread under the lush green pine forest.
Standing from the top of the mountain, you can see four mountains like four elephants, the mountain is called Tu Tuong. Guan Yin Buddha is located at the top of one of the four elephants. The statue is 14m high and 7m high, weighing 24.6 tons of cement.
The statue of Avalokiteshvara is designed very beautifully and balanced. left hand holding the nectar, the right hand catches the nectar, the whole body is dressed in soft white wavy, sitting on the court large lotus with a diameter of over 7m. Her image is on a large two-story pedestal; The upper floor is the place of worship, the lower floor for guests to stay, as well as the temporary residence of monks and nuns whenever they return to the ceremony.
In 2001, when the Buddhism of Thua Thien Hue Province decided to select the date of celebrating the Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva's Day (June 19 of the lunar calendar) every year, from which each festival or the days of He, many people in the province and everywhere came here to pay homage, praying for peace.
HISTORY of STANDING BUDDHA PAGODA:
- 1968: Standing Buddha image was first built.
- 1975: Repaired and constructed the Bodhisattva Bodhisattva statue.
- 2001: Choose the day of the anniversary of the Bodhisattva valokiteshvara (June 19 in lunar calendar) every year to celebrate the festival.
- 2008: Implementing the project of overall planning of monument area and forming "Quan The Am Spiritual Tourism Center".
- 2010: The project has been started to build and has completed a number of main items.
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnam Stops Arrival Medical Declarations from April 27th
- Hanoi Airport Guide: Time Table of Vietnam Airlines Shuttle Bus
- Ho Chi Minh City is about to have a New Helicopter Tour
- Covid-19 Updated: Vietnam Fully Reopen Border for Tourism
- Vietnam Proposes to Fully Open for Tourism from March 15
- Vietnam Will Lift International Flights Restrictions from Feb 15