- Exploring Old Ruined Quang Tri Citadel in Central Vietnam built in 1809
- Experience DMZ (Vietnam Demilitarize Zone) and its surroundings area
- Exploring Vinh Moc Tunnels to learn about local life past and present
- Visitting historical Khe Sanh Combat Base (Ruined Ta Con Airport Site)
- Learning about different Perspective of the Vietnam War with Locals
DMZ Small Group Tour
07:00 am: Our guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel in Hue City Central, then transfer to Vietnam Demilitarized Zone Area in Quang Tri province. Today, we will have Full Day Tour to discover DMZ Area of Vietnam to learn about the Vietnam War with following Sightseeing Places:
- Horror Highway: May 1, 1972, will never be forgotten by people in Quang Tri and Thua Thien provinces not because it is International Labor Day, but because of the horrible carnage on Vietnam Highway 1, the Horror Highway. Thousands of civilians, mostly the elders, women, children, and scores of soldiers were killed by artillery and infantry weapons in hours of shooting.
- Long Hung Church: one of the very few relics remains in Quang Tri town during “Fire Summer” or Eastern Offensive in 1972. It is a National Relic in the town of Quang Tri Vietnam – BA5453.
- Quang Tri Ancient Citadel: is seen as an eye-witness of fierce battles during the anti-American resistance war in 1972. During the 81-day fighting, the citadel was almost destroyed by thousands of tons of bombs released by the US army. Nowadays, the citadel becomes a place to mark immortal victories of the Vietnamese army and people and to educate youths about the nation’s revolutionary tradition and its patriotism.
- Dakrong Bridge: the bridge was considered the beginning of the Ho Chi Minh Trail network, and during the years of conflict with the United States, this access point was hotly contested. The Dakrong Bridge fell many times. Now it’s a grand suspension bridge, a proud thumbed nose as if to say, “You can’t knock down my bridge anymore.” On the way, you can also have chance to meet Paco minority people in the village.
- Khe Sanh Combat base: was a United States Marine Corps outpost south of the Vietnamese Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) used during the Vietnam War. This site was esteemed to have great strategic importance to American forces as it gave them control of Highway 9, a position to sever the Ho Chi Minh Trail and stop the NVA (North Vietnamese Army) from entering from their bases in Laos.
- Hien Luong Bridge– Ben Hai River: The Geneva Agreements on Vietnam signed in 1954 divided Vietnam into North and South with the 17th Parallel where the Ben Hai River runs through the central province of Quang Tri as a borderline. Hien Luong Bridge, also knows as the Peace Bridge, was built by the French in 1950, across Ben Hai River. It is 178 m long but it took 21 years for Vietnamese people from the North and the South to be united.
- Doc Mieu Base: One part of an elaborate electronic system (McNamara’s wall) intended to prevent infiltration across the DMZ. There’s basically nothing left of this old American base save a rusting tank and a sign. Apparently this once formed the backbone of the “eagle eyes of America” electronic monitoring fence.
- Vinh Moc Tunnels and Tunnels Museum: The most highlight part of DMZ Tour. The complex of Vinh Moc tunnel located deep in the Vietnamese Demilitarized Zone and sheltered Vinh Linh county people from the intense bombing. The tunnels were a success in saving the villagers’ lives and providing them the necessary living conditions to fight back the American enemy.
• 18h00: Our tour guide and driver will say goodbye to you and our DMZ Small Deluxe Group Tour ends at hotels in Hue City Center. This tour will give you a deep understading about the Vietnam War and different perspective of people about the war.
Tour Price: 39USD/Person Min of Group: 2 Max of Group: 12
Tour Inclusions: Full Day English speaking guide during sightseeing tour, Private AC car/bus, 2 bottles of water/pax, All entrance fees to Sightseeing Places as indicated, Travel insurance.
Tour Exclusions: Foods & Drinks (available to purchase), Personal Expenses, Travel Insurance, Tips/Gratuities for Tour Guide & Driver if Excellent Service, Things not mentioned clearly.
- This DMZ Tour is Daily Group Join. So if you would like to have Personal Service with more excellent experiences, we would like to recommend you to join DMZ Private Tour Full Day or DMZ Private Tour Half Day.
- Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as natural calamities (typhoons, floods), rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes, etc... wil be on your own expense.
- Please provide your information such as name, date of birth and identity card number for the travel insurance making process.
- Children Policy: Under 6 years old (Free of Charge), From 6 to 10 years old (75% of tour price), Over 10 years old (100% tour price).
Other Hue Tours You Might Like
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnam Stops Arrival Medical Declarations from April 27th
- Hanoi Airport Guide: Time Table of Vietnam Airlines Shuttle Bus
- Ho Chi Minh City is about to have a New Helicopter Tour
- Covid-19 Updated: Vietnam Fully Reopen Border for Tourism
- Vietnam Proposes to Fully Open for Tourism from March 15
- Vietnam Will Lift International Flights Restrictions from Feb 15