Best Things for Foreign Tourist to Do when Traveling to Vietnam
Best Things to Do & To See in Vietnam: Vietnam is the country with perfect mix of the past, present, and future. Explore the ancient Imperial Palace in Hoa Lu Ancient Capital and Hue Imperial City, tour rapidly growing Ho Chi Minh City, and watch as the Dragon Bridge or Hand Bridge in Da Nang puts on a pyrotechnic show. Food in Vietnam is phenomenal, and many would travel back to Vietnam just for the food…it’s that good. But there are also beautiful beaches, mysterious caves, and exotic cities to explore. Here is our list of the best things to do in Vietnam.
1. Light a Lantern in Hoi An Ancient Town: Many tourists call Hoi An a lantern street, because lanterns are always hung high in front of each porch, throughout the streets, shops, ... it is the secret charm of Hoi An Ancient Town. When the night falls, it is when the dim lights of the lantern are lit, replacing the electric light, like a magical light lit up for a land of hospitable people.
Night Street, candle light on the Hoai River all year round cuddling Hoi City, ancient architectural features hidden at present, sometimes opaque at night and the night advert ... all amazing that no poetry can describe all the beauty. go deep into that soul.
2. Sailing in Beautiful Ha Long Bay: With 1,600 limestone towers rising from the turquoise waters, Ha Long Bay is one of the most beautiful spots in Vietnam. If Ha Long Bay is a brilliantly beautiful girl, Bai Tu Long Bay is a pristine, enchanting young girl. This is why Bai Tu Long Bay and Ha Long Bay become one of the natural wonders of the world.
Do an overnight trip on boat cruise in Halong Bay or Bai Tu Long Bay is always the Best Things to Do so far in Vietnam. Also on the boat trip in Halong and Bai Tu Long Bays, do not forget to take kayaking trip to discover islands and many tunnels caves here.
3. Trekking to Discover Cat Ba Island: The scenery in Cat Ba Island is surreal and surreal, and Lan Ha Bay is a perfect replacement for Ha Long - a breathtakingly beautiful bay and unimpeded by tourists. This is one of the most atractive tourist spots for both local and international tourist in the North of Vietnam
Coming here, you should enjoy trekking through pristine rainforest, climbing the top of Ngu Lam and watching the rugged green mountains in the distance.
4. Boat Sailing on the Mekong River: Away from the hustle and bustle of crowded streets to explore the rustic water life of the Mekong Delta, you will feel like being slowed down. It also has a rich experience in the South of Vietnam, such as listening to music of amateur music, cycling on the village roads, boating, drinking honey tea, ... all will make your trip extremely interesting.
In addition, spending time here is extremely reasonable, with a small amount of money, you have both a basket of delicious fresh fruits picked in the garden or bought on the boat of a small merchant.
5. Discover Phong Nha National Park: Son Doong Cave is really a unique place on Vietnam's tourist map with many mysteries, that people have not yet discovered. With a length of nearly 9km, in some locations the height of the cave ceiling is up to 200m, 175m wide, Son Doong cave is really a unique place. Phong Nha, Ke Bang is a fresh climate region, with an average temperature of only 20 - 24 degrees Celsius, is considered one of the two largest limestone mountains in the world, with an area of over 200,000 hectares.
Phong Nha National Park is characterized by millions of years old karst formations with over 300 caves and underground river systems. Hundreds of rare and precious species of flora and fauna exist, including many of which are listed in the Vietnam Red Book and the world, which is an inspiration for visitors and scientists to come here to explore.
6. Learn about Vietnamese Royalty in Hue: Located on the beautiful Huong River, Hue has an important position in Vietnamese history and is marked by special historical sites. One of Hue tourist destinations to mention first is Hue Citadel, Royal Tombs of the Nguyen Dynasty being preserved to this day. Although there were 13 kings of Nguyen Dynasty, of which only 7 tombs were built. Located in a cluster of tourist destinations in Hue, Minh Mang Tomb impresses visitors with the majestic, quiet lines and the harmonious combination between the space of painting and lyrical poetry.
An experience not to be missed when coming to Hue is sailing on the Perfume River. The river takes its name from the orchid flower that falls into the water in the fall, making the river fragrant, from which the name of the Perfume River was born. From the boat, you can see Hue at night in a very unique way and enjoy Hue Ca trù and other art forms.
7. Experience Boat Rowing in Tam Coc: Tam Coc - Bich Dong are two of the most attractive destinations in Ninh Binh, featuring majestic mountains, rivers, golden rice fields and unique caves. This is a very popular spot for local and foreign tourists in the North of Vietnam.
Sitting on a boat to visit Tam Coc is an interesting experience for many visitors when coming to Ninh Binh. You can catch the breeze on the boat, glide through majestic high mountains, admire the ripe golden rice fields,... amazingly indescribable feelings. Therefore, it is not surprising that Trang An Landscape is recognized as a World Heritage Site.
8. Enjoy the Tranquility on Phu Quoc Island: Phu Quoc Island is a paradise for travelers wishing to escape the noise and bustle of big cities. Coming to Phu Quoc, if you are a wildlife lover you can go to Safari Safari Conservation Park, to meet, elephants, Bengal white tigers, monkeys and silver langurs, ...
If you like to walk, you can go through the dense forests of Phu Quoc National Park and admire the picturesque waterfalls. In addition, Phu Quoc is also famous for pristine beaches, turquoise waters, extremely beautiful and attractive. Adding Phu Quoc to the list of destinations not to miss, certainly does not disappoint!
Best of Vietnam
Find your trip
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnamese People: Origin, History, Culture and Traditions
- Vietnam Currency: Best ATM and Places to Exchange Money
- Vietnam Map: Regions, Cities & Provinces Map of Vietnam
- Best Time to Travel to Vietnam to Avoid the Bad Weather
- What is illegal Things in Vietnam: Rules & Laws for Tourists
- Best Local Food That Should Not Be Missed in Hanoi Vietnam