Lang Co Beach in Hue Vietnam - Everything You Need to Know
Lang Co Beach (Biển Lăng Cô) is one of the best natural attraction of Thua Thien Hue Province. It is located about 70km South from Hue City and 60km North of Danang. The Beach is also well-known as one of the most beautiful nature and landscapes conditions in Vietnam for a long time.
Lang Co beach is about 8km long, located along with the National Highway 1A, near Hai Van pass. It is about 24km from Bach Ma National Park. This is a white sandy beach and large waves which are suitable for the type of beach tourism, scuba diving. Especially, it is an ideal place for luxury resorts along the beach for decades.
It is adjacently to Lang Co beach closely Hai Van Mountain (Hai Van Pass)- a famous landscape of Vietnam. Along Hai Van Mountain, Lang Co Beach has coral reefs, lobsters and a variety of high-value seafood. And in that area, there is also Son Tra Islet still preserve many kinds of wildlife. Behind the beach is Lap An Lagoon and Bach Ma National Park which bring a wonderful adventure for people love both beach and mountain. All these factors give Lang Co a great potential for developing tourism in different types.
If anyone hears about Hue ancient capital (dreamland with purple “ao dai”) with the Trang Tien bridge, Huong River, Lang Co beach is similar. It is not possible to visit Lang Co beach which is called “the beautiful person of the fishing village”. Many visitors love the scenery in Lang Co, saying that “Lang Co is more beautiful than watercolors”.
Apart from Hue is famous for a long history of 13 kings of Nguyen Dynasty. In addition, it has the tombs considered as cultural heritage world with folk songs. Furthermore, there is Hue royal court music recognized as a Intangible Cultural World. Hue also has the most beautiful beaches in Vietnam such as Lang Co, Thuan An, Ham Rong, etc.
Lying along the length of the coastline, Lang Co Beach is a natural landscape of Thua Thien Hue. With over 10 km of white sand, the vast blue waters of the ocean and rainforests on the undulating mountains are not enough to describe Lang Co. Additional, a large mysterious Lap An Lake makes it more beautiful than.
- What is the Best Things to Do in Lang Co Beach?
Different from Thuan An Beach, Lang Co Beach is a gentle, pristine sea with a smooth white sand, blue sea surface. There are also large rainforests and wild and mysterious mountains.
From Lang Co, visitors can combine to admire the view of Bach Ma National Park. As well as it closes Chan May West and an ideal beach and resort Canh Duong beach which gives the best choice for relaxing and discovering.
Chan May Port has calm water, wide beach in harmony with the blue sea and the sound of the forest. It usually welcomes sea cruises to disocver Hue city, relax on Lang Co beach or Traveling to Da Nang city.
People say that Lang Co was a former fishing village with many white storks fly to live together. When the French invaded and conquered Thua Thien Hue, they recorded this place on the map.
Lang Co lies between Hue and Danang. Therefore, when you travel on the Hai Van pass summit, you can see the fishing village and Lang Co beach as a picture or panoramic view of Da Nang and Son Tra Peninsula from far. At the summit of the pass, you not only feel the fresh air but also enjoy many popular dishes.
In conclusion, Lang Co beach will not only be famous for lyrical and romantic beauty but also attract tourists especially relaxing and swimming on emerald sea water.
- What is the Best Time to Visit and How to Get to Lang Co Beach?
- The best time to visit Lang Co Beach is in Summer time or from Apr to Oct, as this time of the year it has sunny weather, warm temperature and less rainfall.
- By car/taxi: From Hue it is around 70km and travel along National Highway No 1. From Danang city: It is about 60km and also on National Highway No1 and passing through Hai Van Pass or Hai Van Tunnel.
- By train: From Hue or Danang, you can take a TN train and have a stopover at Lang Co train Station
- By motorbike: You can also hire a motorbike with or without driver to drive to Lang Co beach from Hue, Danang and Hoi An.
Find your trip
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Top 10 Weirdest Vietnamese Food
- Mekong Delta Travel Guide: Best Things to Do & Places to Visit
- Top 10 Hanoi Tourist Attractions
- Cu Chi Tunnels Vietnam Guide: Facts, Length, History with Map
- Things to know for Backpackers before Traveling to Vietnam
- Nguyen Dynasty - Last Royal Family in Vietnam with 13 Kings