Lap An Lagoon in Hue: Where the Sun, See and Mountain Meet
Hue has long been well-known for the ancient tombs, beautiful landscapes such as Ngu Mountain, Huong River, Lang Co Bay, Tam Giang Lagoon, ... possesses an extremely lyrical, poetic natural beauty. And a little-known destination that makes many hearts sobbing when they just encounter is Lap An lagoon (Đầm Lập An).
Where is Lap An Lagoon?
Lap An lagoon, also known as An Cu lagoon, is not located in the center of Hue city but on the connecting road between Hue and Da Nang. Specifically, Lap An lagoon is located next to Highway 1A, right across Lang Co town, Phu Loc district, Thua Thien Hue province.
Nestled at the foot of the Phu Gia Pass, surrounded by the majestic Bach Ma mountain range, in front of the gentle Lang Co Bay, Lap An Hue lagoon is as beautiful as a water-color painting making visitors bewildered every time they set the foot here.
Admire the Enchanting Beauty of Lap An Lagoon:
Lap An Lagoon is a brackish lagoon of Hue and part of Lang Co Bay, covering an area of about 800ha. The scene here is like a charming picture making many people fascinated. Quietly located next to the Bach Ma mountain range, Lap An lagoon is adorned by the deep green of the mountains mingling with the blue of the clouds and the clear water.
This place still retains the pristine beauty of nature. So when coming to Lap An lagoon, you seem to be relieved of all daily worries and troubles to mix with clouds and trees, watch fish swimming in the water.
What is the Best Time to visit Lap An Lagoon?
Lap An Lagoon is most beautiful at sunrise and sunset. When the sun just came out, the bright yellow rays shone down on the surface of the lagoon, mixed with floating white, identical mountains. Somewhere at the foot of the mountain, a few boats, rafts of fishermen are moored, or the leaves are dry, ... All create a sparkling, sparkling natural picture. In the late afternoon, the scenery of Lap An lagoon now becomes fanciful. The surface of the dress is as calm and beautiful as a colorful silk.
And the most unique feature of Lap An Hue lagoon is only revealed when the tide recedes. It is an ivory strip of land with oyster shells, drifting shells that people call sand accretion. This mysterious "water way" is very popular with the Hue virtual society as well as many young people and become a check-in point not to be missed when traveling Hue.
How to get to Lap An lagoon?
Although hiding a very beautiful beauty, information about Lap An lagoon has not appeared much on the tourist map at the moment. To reach Lap An lagoon, there are many ways, you can choose to move according to the following routes:
- Follow Doi Cung - Ben Nghe - Hung Vuong - An Duong Vuong - Nguyen Tat Thanh - Highway 1A.
- Go along National Road 1A along Ly Thanh Tong Street, meet the direction sign for Phuoc Tuong Tunnel, you continue to follow that direction.
- Move to Lang Co town, turn Vi Thu An street and go straight to Lap An lagoon.
- You can book a Tour to Lap An lagoon, Lang Co or take a Private Car and also make a top on a Transfer between Hue and Hoi An, Danang.
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Tran Phu Beach in Nha Trang Vietnam: All You Need to Know
- Ninh Chu Beach in Ninh Thuan Vietnam: All You Need to Know
- Non Nuoc Beach in Da Nang Vietnam: All You Need to Know
- Hon Chong Beach in Nha Trang Vietnam: All You Need to Know
- Cat Ba Island of Vietnam: All You Need to Know Before You Go
- An Bang Beach in Hoi An Ancient Town: All You Need to Know