Nha Trang Travel Guide
Best Things to Do in Nha Trang
What Things to Do and Best Places to Visit in Nha Trang Vietnam? Nha Trang beach city offers everything, from beautiful sandy beaches to amazing waterfalls and historical sightseeing places, that dates back many hundred of years. Here is our recommendation of best activities not to miss and must see tourist spots in Nha Trang city of Vietnam.
1. Beach Leisure: Nha Trang is a coastal resort city in southern Vietnam known for its beaches, diving sites and offshore islands. Its main beach is a long, curving stretch along Tran Phu Street backed by a promenade, hotels and seafood restaurants. Aerial cable cars cross over to Hòn Tre Island, and the nature reserves of Hòn Mun and Hòn Tằm islands, reachable by boat, have coral reefs.
2. Long Son Pagoda: Long Son Pagoda is also known as Dang Long Tu Pagoda, located at 22, 23rd Street, Phuong Son Ward, Nha Trang City, Khanh Hoa Province, at the foot of Trai Thuy, Nha Trang. The temple was built over a hundred years ago, has been restored many times, and is now the most famous temple in Khanh Hoa (Vietnam).
Long Son Pagoda was built in 1886 under the name of Dang Long self. Originally a pagoda is a cottage located at the top of Thuy Thuy hill (where the white Buddha). In 1900, the pagoda collapsed after a storm, so the decapitation decided to move down the foot of the mountain and renamed Long Son Pagoda.
In 1936, according to the vow of the Ngo family, the pagoda was brought to Hoi An Nam Buddhist University to be the headquarter of reviving Khanh Hoa Buddhism, still the headquarters of the Buddhist Church of Vietnam Khanh Hoa province. In 1938, Bao Dai Pagoda was crowned "Long Son Pagoda".
In 1941, the temple was restored by President Ton That Quyen and Buddhist Vo Dinh Thuy built. In 1968, the temple was destroyed by tiled roofs due to the war. In 1971, Venerable Thich Thien Binh pioneered the restoration of the temple and, until 1975, the restoration was 60% of the original design by architect Vo Dinh Diep.
3. Po Nagar Cham Towers: The wooden tower formerly dedicated to Princess Jagadharma (Princess Tchou Koti or Divine Mother of God) (ruled from Lam Dong from 646 to 653) was rebuilt by hardwood materials at Aya Trà (Nha Trang) by Prithi Indravarman. ), on a high hill next to the mouth of the Cai River (Hamlet), to worship the goddess Bhagavati (in gold). In 774, South Vietnamese troops (Java, Indonesia) took over. The Po Nagar Temple, destroyed by the South Vietnamese forces, was reconstructed by Satyavarman brick in 784, and was completed to the present day, but has also been devastated. Later King Harivarman I and his son Vikrantavarman III could later have built five further towers.
The remnants of construction have the earliest date, according to Chen Qifeng is mandapa - it was built sometime before the inscription on beer in 817, to say it. Tran Ky Phuong thinks that the small tower in the northwest is dated to the tenth century, and the main tower dates back to the 11th century. The remaining inscriptions in Po Nagar show the traces of a mighty nation that has existed in the past.
4. Hon Chong Promontory: Hon Chong Hon Vo (Vietnamese Mean Husband and Wife Mounts) is a unique work created by the hands of mother nature. This rocky beach is located on the coast of Nha Trang with a special shape. Over time, the large rocks are eroded, weathered by sea waves and wind, creating a magnificent beauty that makes many visitors curious and excited.
Specifically, Hon Chong Hon Vo is located in Vinh Phuoc ward, Nha Trang city, Khanh Hoa province. These are two separate rocks located in two different locations. However, they are not too far away, so you can visit Hon Chong first and then easily move to Hon Vo.
5. King Bao Dai Villa: The building was built in 1923, to serve as a shelter for oceanographers, preparing them for the establishment of a marine research institute in Southeast Asia. The five villas are named Les Agaves, Les Bouangviers, Les Bouguinvilles, Les Flamboyants and Les Badamniers. ). Which villas are planted around the garden to be easy to remember, easy to find. After the inauguration of these five villas, the French built the Nha Trang Institute of Oceanography in 1925.
The first owner of the Les Agaves villa was Dr. Krempt - a German. He was the first director of the Nha Trang Institute of Oceanography. From 1940 to 1945, Emperor Bao Dai and Queen Nam Phuong often stayed at Les Agaves villa for fishing, watching the sea as a hobby, so the name Bao Dai was there. In 1954, the Geneva Accord was signed, Vietnam temporarily divided into two South - North. The family of President Ngo Dinh Diem is the new owner of two villas Les Agaves and Les Frangipaniers. Ms. Tran Le Xuan - wife consultant Ngo Dinh Nhu has given the villa Les Agaves (Cactus Dragon) new name is Nghinh Phong, and Les Frangipaniers (Cotton Suit) is Vọng Nguyet. In 1975, after the Republic of Vietnam collapsed, the unified country, the revolutionary government took over, Bao Dai floor opened to welcome and serve guests food, holiday, sightseeing.
6. Nha Trang oceanographic museum: Nha Trang Oceanographic Institute is an institute of marine life and livestock research in Nha Trang city, Khanh Hoa province. The Institute of Oceanography is one of the earliest scientific research institutes in Vietnam and is considered Southeast Asia's largest marine research and archaeological facility. Visiting the Museum, visitors will be able to see the Museum of Marine Life with more than 20,000 specimens of more than 4,000 kinds of marine life and fresh water collected and preserved for many years, besides live specimens. Drop in the glass tanks. The Institute has been selected as one of the top 10 tourist attractions in the history of tourism.
The institute will open the hi-tech center for domestication of marine life, to serve the main book on marine economic development in Vietnam.
7. Dam Market: Traveling to Nha Trang if visiting only beautiful landscapes or historical sites is not enough. If you want to learn more about the place, you should go to the markets. This place is not only for sale but it also contains hidden beauty of the place. Dam Market - The most beautiful and crowded market in Nha Trang, this place always contains rustic beauty very close. Visitors not only to shop but also to explore the view.
8. Binh Ba Island: Nha Trang city beach stretches about 4 km, along Tran Phu. This is also the way to concentrate many hotels with the best location. You just need to cross the road to the sea. The beach in the city is quite steep, slightly sloping, sandy and crowded.
In Nha Trang you can join the island tour. One of the most famous islands you should visit is Binh Ba Island. From the city center you rent a car to Ba Ngoi port (the old military port, located in Khanh Hoa province, about 60 km from the city). Here you buy tickets at the wharf 10,000 VND / person and canoe ticket to the island 100,000 VND / person / way. Cano runs for 20 minutes to the island.
On the island there are two means of transportation, mainly motorcycles, or trams. Take a round trip on the island about 250,000 VND. Major tourist sites are Bai Chay, Bai Nom, Hon Tur, Old House. Then you return to the center of the island where the lunch pier is. There are plenty of eateries for you to choose from.
If you want to eat seafood, you can eat at the raft. Seafood is very fresh. Binh Ba Island is also known as lobster island. If possible, you should try it!
9. Snokling & Diving Boat Tours: As one of the most beautiful coral reefs in the country, it is not too exaggerated when tourists come to Nha Trang without diving, they can not feel the beauty of the nature of the gift. for this city. Tourists often combine scuba diving with island tours. Depending on the package selected by the organizers will pick you up at the hotel or Cau Da port - the departure point of the cruise ship to Nha Trang.
10. Mud-Bath in Nha Trang: Not only mud is considered to have many medicinal properties, but it is also very interesting. You can participate in this effective treatment cleansing, which is really a welcome surprise after a few days of adventure and sun-drenched scenery.Here are some places you can try the Best Mud-Bath in Nha Trang:
- Thap Ba Spa & Hot Spsrings
- 100 eggs Mud-Bath Theme
- I-Resort Spa & Mud Bath
- Galina Hotel & Spa Nha Trang
Sitting in a tub of mud feels as odd as it sounds, but it has become a quintessential Nha Trang experience. Mud bath is soaking in a bath containing mineral mud which is a natural mud formed from the change of geology. Mineral mud derived from plants such as trees, flowers, grass buried or from land and includes the ingredients that are organic, inorganic, carbon-containing substances and easy to absorb water.
11. Activities as Night Time: In addition to be known as ‘Heaven on Earth’ for refreshment on extensive white sandy beaches with emerald water, Nha Trang city is also a vibrant place for locals and tourists to burn off their energy at an array of nightclubs, especially at night.
For people, those are not interested in Bars/Night Clubs. There are also plenty of Unique Activities to Do and Free Things to See at Night Time in sleepless Nha Trang Beach City of Vietnam, from Night Market, Walking Streets for shopping,... to Squid Fishing in the Sea with local fisherman.
Best of Vietnam
Find your trip
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnamese People: Origin, History, Culture and Traditions
- Vietnam Currency: Best ATM and Places to Exchange Money
- Vietnam Map: Regions, Cities & Provinces Map of Vietnam
- What is illegal Things in Vietnam: Rules & Laws for Tourists
- Best Time to Travel to Vietnam to Avoid the Bad Weather
- Vietnam News: Population & Religions of 54 Ethnic Groups