Nha Trang Travel Guide
Best Restaurants in Nha Trang
Nha Trang may be a coastal city, but serves up more than just seafood. Attracting more international tourists every year, the city caters to all kinds of tastes. So, what would you like to eat today? Burgers? Sushi? Kebab? Or would you prefer to keep it local and stick to noodle soups, local specialty or some delicious seafood fried rice? Even if you haven’t decided yet, it doesn’t matter – let us help you choose a venue to go and indulge.
1. Louisiane Brewhouse Restaurant: Louisiane Brewhouse is a classy beach club located on one of the best stretches of Nha Trang beach. With its seafront lounge chairs under thatched umbrellas, beautiful pool overlooking the bay, its own brewery, and good food, it’s all you’ll ever want from a lazy day by the beach. The cuisine here is eclectically international featuring Vietnamese, Thai and Japanese Dishes. Of note are pork ribs with lemongrass and chilli, stuffed squids and sauteed eel. Beers produced from this micro brewery are pilsener, drafts and wheat beers, among others. There are also cakes and pastries for that afternoon tea.
2. Lanterns Restaurant: A 10-minute walk from Tran Phu Beach, Lanterns is an eye-catching Hoi An-style restaurant decorated with traditional colorful Hoi An lanterns. The menu is a mix of Vietnamese and Western cuisine which includes pasta, salads and sandwiches. The restaurant also specializes in hotpot, seafood claypots, Vietnamese curry and barbecued beef. Lanterns is gaining recognition for being an ethical restaurant, sourcing their food supplies from local fishing villages and using a proportion of profits to support local orphanages and providing scholarship programs and free lunches every week. Half day cooking classes are held four times a week.
3. Pita GR Restaurant: Opening its doors at 8am, this Greek venue is perfect for breakfast, dinner and lunch. You can enjoy your meal seated on the terrace that overlooks the bustling Hung Vuong Street. Make sure to try the Athens-style souvlaki, a mixture of meat, tomatoes, onions, fries and tzatziki sauce wrapped up in a lightly grilled pita bread. For dessert, diners are served a complimentary Greek pudding. Do call ahead and reserve a seat during peak hours! Closed on Tuesdays.
4. Lac Canh Restaurant: Crowded from the morning till evening, Lac Canh is a favorite among locals. This restaurant is a unique DIY experience – the ingredients to your choice of meal will be handed to you raw, along with a charcoal burner on which to grill. Their specialty is beef, richly marinated with spices, but other meat and seafood dishes are worth a try. Make sure to order a plain banh mi baguette and lather it in the marinade to grill along with the beef.
5. Kiwami Restaurant: Kiwami is a Japanese restaurant serving the best sushi in the whole of Nha Trang. The setting is intimate and authentic – you can perch on the bar stool and watch as the specialist sushi master chef prepare the delicious rolls. As with any Japanese restaurant, Sake and Sapporo are available.
6. Ganesh Indian Restaurant: Ganesh is a famous Indian restaurant chain in Vietnam with branches in multiple cities. Conveniently located with a lively setting, delicious dishes and friendly, attentive staff, Ganesh is extremely popular with foreign tourists and expats. The extensive food menu ranges from flatbreads of all sorts, paneers, and various appetizers, to curries and biryani dishes. Vegan and vegetarian friendly.
7. Mix Restaurant: Always busy, this is another Greek joint that is a great place if you are craving some delicious Mediterranean cuisine. The presentation of the food is aesthetically pleasing, delicious in flavor, and portion sizes are generous. Make sure to book ahead to guarantee yourself a seat.
8. LIVIN Collective Nha Trang: LIVINcollective is a restaurant, retail store, and hangout, all in one. After browsing the concept store that sells funky stuff from local artists and designers, sit down for a while and enjoy a meal. Here you can find not only the best burgers in town, but also delicious smoked barbecue meats, ribs, tacos, lots of craft beer, wine, cider and fine coffee. Closed on Sundays.
9. Yen’s Restaurant: Yen’s Restaurant has quickly become a favorite among locals and expats alike – it is a great place to enjoy some authentic Vietnamese dishes. The soft lighting, traditional music, and soft-spoken staff dressed in traditional ‘ao dai’, all contribute towards creating a mellow atmosphere for diners. On the menu are spring rolls, claypots, noodles, ribs and rice dishes, along with local favorites like pho, banh xeo and bun bo Hue.
10. The Refuge Restaurant: For authentic Swiss-French fare, this is the go-to. Just minutes from the Tran Phu Beach, this wooden cabin-style restaurant offers a warm and cozy ambience to diners, allowing them to feel right at home. The menu offers a good range of crepes, salads, imported cheeses, grilled beef, lamb steaks, mountain sausages, and even crocodile. Great for a relaxed and calm evening.
See Related Articles:
Best of Vietnam
Find your trip
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnamese People: Origin, History, Culture and Traditions
- Vietnam Currency: Best ATM and Places to Exchange Money
- Vietnam Map: Regions, Cities & Provinces Map of Vietnam
- What is illegal Things in Vietnam: Rules & Laws for Tourists
- Best Time to Travel to Vietnam to Avoid the Bad Weather
- Vietnam News: Population & Religions of 54 Ethnic Groups