10 Best Markets in Vietnam
Markets are among the best places to visit in Vietnam for travellers looking to experience the daily lives of local people. Operating as early as 3:00am, you’ll find throngs of marketgoers haggling for the freshest fruit, vegetables, seafood, meat and many other things. Vietnam markets are also great for sampling a wide range of local delicacies at best affordable prices, as they are often fitted with a dedicated food court surrounded by food stalls and you can not really find in tourist restaurants.
While most of markets in Vietnam have been in operation for hundreds of years, there are several (especially those located in the cities) that are now geared towards tourists, featuring stalls selling handicrafts, souvenirs and pre-packaged food items. While goods here are sold at relatively low prices, you can still exercise your bargaining skills to get better deals. Read on for our handy guide on Vietnam’s most popular local markets.
1. Hoi An Central Market (Hoi An city)
2. Han Market (Da Nang city)
3. Hanoi Weekend Night Market (Hanoi city)
4. Dong Ba Market (Hue city)
5. Quang Ba Flower Market (Hanoi city)
6. Cholon or Binh Tay Market (Ho Chi Minh city)
7. Dong Xuan Market (Hanoi city)
8. Phan Thiet Central Market (Phan Thiet province)
9. Ben Thanh Market (Ho Chi Minh city)
10. Nha Trang Market (Nha Trang city)