Travel Guide for Visiting Phan Thiet Central Market of Vietnam
Phan Thiet Central Market is the biggest of its kind in Mui Ne, hosting hundreds of stalls that selling fresh produce, household items, and local delicacies daily. The outdoor market of Phan Thiet is at its busiest at dawn, with huge crowds of locals haggling with vendors for an array of household supplies, fresh fruits, spices, nuts, meat, and dried foodstuff.
• Opening Hours: Daily from 05:00 – 18:00
• Location: Streets of Ly Thuong Kiet and Nguyen Hue, Phan Thiet
As Mui Ne is very wel-knowned for its traditional fishing villages, you’ll find just about any kind of cheap and fresh seafood here, from shrimps, squids and fishes to clams, snails, and crabs. The central market is also a very good place to enjoy authentic Vietnamese delicacies at very cheap prices, including mi quang (turmeric noodles), banh xeo (crispy pancake), and guoi cuon (fresh spring rolls).
If you’re looking to buy souvenirs for loved people back home during your visit to Central Market of Phan Thiet, we highly recommend you ceramic items, coconut candies, and intricate Cham textiles and even the quintessential nuoc mam cham (fermented fish dipping sauce). As with most of the markets in Southeast Asia, make sure you should bargain hard to get the best deals - a good start is usually 75% off the retail price.
Located at the intersection between Streets of Ly Thuong Kiet and Nguyen Hue, this outdoor market is surely a must-visit for travellers looking to experience the daily lives of the local community. It can possibly get humid during the summer time, wearing comfortable clothing is recommended when you’re visiting Central Market of Phan Thiet.
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Mui Ne Beach: The Best Coastal Resort Town in Phan Thiet City
- Covid-19 in Vietnam Updated: Emergency Announcement No 20
- Long Beach: The Best Tourist Attractions on Phu Quoc Island
- Complete Travel Guide to Dam Market in Nha Trang Vietnam
- Travel Guide for Visiting Phan Thiet Central Market of Vietnam
- Travel Guide to Quang Ba Night Flower Market in Hanoi Vietnam