How to Visit Cu Chi Tunnels System in Ho Chi Minh on Your Own?
Cu Chi Tunnels includes 2 different areas named: Ben Dinh and Ben Duoc. Daily Group Tours from Ho Chi Minh City usually take you to Ben Dinh Area, big tour costs only 5usd/person plus entrance ticket to the tunnels. For better experience you should join small group tours to discover the tunnels system. How ever if you like to visit Cu Chi Tunnels on Your own. We can recommend you some options to do this:
- 1. Going by Local Public Bus from Ho Chi Minh City:
If you want to visit Cu Chi Tunnles on your own, Local bus is the cheapest way to travel from center of Ho Chi Minh City to Cu Chi Tunnels. First and foremost, you can head to the central bus terminal at 23-9 Park (Công Viên 23-9) in District 1. Regular buses schedule depart every 30 minutes. The bus ticket costs only 7000 VND and takes about 1,5 hours to Cu Chi bus station. After hopping off at Cu Chi Bus Station, you have to transfer to bus 79 which costs another 6000 VND. You will be on the bus for 45 minutes to arrive in Ben Duoc Tunnel. At the bus stop, there is a sign to show you to walk to the destination of Ben Duoc Tunnels Area.
Take a local bus is the cheapest way to visit Cu Chi Tunnels on your own
The total travelling time from City center of Ho Chi Minh is around 2 hours. Sometimes, it’s quite a bit longer depending on the traffic. Although this Cu Chi Tunnel price is the cheapest, you will spend around 4 hours to travel back and forth. The last bus from Ben Duoc station is around 5:30 pm. Please plan well and manage your time carefully. If you want to have a long journey at the Tunnels, you should depart early in the morning.
- 2. Taking a private car, taxi or Grab from Ho Chi Minh:
Going by car is the most convenient and comfortable option for a small group or family when you do not have much time for commuting. A one-way taxi trip probably cost about 650.000 VND. Mai Linh and Vinasun are two popular taxi companies in Ho Chi Minh City. You can call them to book your trip in advance. Booking a Grab could be a little bit cheaper. Compared to other Cu Chi Tunnels price of transportation options, this one is the most expensive. You will see more about Cu Chi countryside.
• Mai Linh Taxi: 028 3838 3838
• Vinasun Taxi: 028 3827 2727
- 3. Renting motorcycle with driver:
If you want to have a road trip and adventure riding with innumerable landscapes, culture and joy, renting a car or motorcycle will give more flexible way when riding to Cu Chi Tunnels. It does mean that you can have more chances to visit more destinations in one day Cu Chi Tour.
- Entrace Ticket to Cu Chi Tunels: 20k/person (Vietnamese), 80k/person (foreigner)
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Phu Quoc Island Vietnam: Best Things to Do & Top Things to See
- Best Time to Travel to Vietnam to Avoid the Bad Weather
- Ho Chi Minh City: Prepare for Tighter Situation than Directive 16
- Top 5 Delicious Dishes in An Giang Border Region of Vietnam
- Son Doong Cave in Phong Nha Vietnam: All You Need to Know
- Urgent: Hanoi Announces to Find People Visited These Places