- Experience how local had to live underground tunnels during Vietnam War
- Visiting a commanding center of Vietnamese Communist during the War
- Enjoy special food used by local for daily live: steamed tapioca and hot tea
- Discover Special Hoang Cam smoke-less kitchen founded in the French War
- Exploring the fighting bunkers, dangerous booby traps used during the war
- Visit rice paper workshop to see how local making rice paper for their living
Ho Chi Minh City & Cu Chi Tunnels Full Day Tour
07:30 – 08:00: We pick you up from hotel in city center (around Ben Thanh Market of District 1) and take the morning trip to visit Independence Palace, also known at the Reunification palace, was built on the sight of the former Norodom palace. The Independence palace is a widely known landmark of Ho Chi Minh City and was designed by the architect Ngo Viet Thu. Continue seeing the beautiful structures from the French Colonial times such as the Notre Dame Cathedral, the historic Central Post Office. Followed by the remarkable site of the War Remnants Museum the museum has a vast display of the both the Indochina wars.
Have lunch at local restaurant. Then depart for Cu Chi Tunnels, the trip will take approximately one and a half hours bus driving.
Upon arrival, before exploring the tunnels, you will have some short introduction followed by introductory video about how the tunnels were constructed and how the people survived in the harsh conditions of the war time. Then, spend your time to explore the remaining area and tunnel systems which included the special constructed living areas with kitchens, bedrooms side by side with other martial facilities like storage, weapons factories, field hospitals, and command centers helping whoever lives inside the tunnels meet their basic needs. Besides, there are also many hidden trap doors and dangerous traps within the maze-like tunnels for security purpose during the war.
Afterward, special tea and cassava (guerilla’s food during the war) will be served. Break time for relax or time for those who want to try the real shooting gun. We then return to Saigon and end of our trip at around 19:00.
Tour Price: 46 USD/Person - Small Group: Max of12 Persons
Please take notes:
**The Notre Dame Cathedral have been being restored, so the guests just visit outside.
Tour Inclusions: A/c van pick up and drop off (centrally located hotel in Dist1 , HCMC), transfer & sightseeing as per program, English-speaking tour guide, entrance fee, pure bottled water, meal as lunch.
Tour Exclusiosn: Travel insurance, beverage, tips & personal expenses (shooting gun, telephone calls...), other services not mentioned in the inclusion; Tax.
- Pick up and transfer just for the centrally located hotel/accommodation in Dist 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
- We are not responsible for your lateness.
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat and the tour inclusions. Please advise the supplier if you have from 1 infant at time of booking.
Other Saigon Tours You Might Like
Find your trip
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnamese People: Origin, History, Culture and Traditions
- Vietnam Currency: Best ATM and Places to Exchange Money
- Vietnam Map: Regions, Cities & Provinces Map of Vietnam
- What is illegal Things in Vietnam: Rules & Laws for Tourists
- Best Time to Travel to Vietnam to Avoid the Bad Weather
- Vietnam News: Population & Religions of 54 Ethnic Groups