- Watch a documentary film about Tunnel History before the journey start
- Experience how local had to live underground tunnels during Vietnam War
- Visiting a commanding center of Vietnamese Communist during the War
- Enjoy special food used by local for daily live: steamed tapioca and hot tea
- Discover Special Hoang Cam smoke-less kitchen founded in the French War
- Exploring the fighting bunkers, dangerous booby traps used during the war
- Visit rice paper workshop to see how local making rice paper for their living
- Experience the traditional rural lifestyle of the Mekong Delta inhabitants.
Cu Chi Tunnels and Mekong Delta Full Day Tour
06:45 – 07:00 – Our Tour Guide and Driver will pick up at your hotels in Ho Chi Minh City Center (around Ben Thanh Market of District 1) for Cu Chi Tunnels and Mekong Delta Tour Full Day. The trip to Cu Chi Tunnels Area will take you an approximately one and a half-hour bus drive.
Before exploring the tunnels, you will watch an introductory video about how the tunnels were made and how Vietnamese people survived in the harsh conditions of the wartime. Then, spend your time exploring the remaining areas and tunnel system which include special living areas with kitchens and bedrooms side by side with other martial facilities like weapons factories, field hospitals, and command centers helping whoever lives inside the tunnels meet their basic needs.
Besides, there are also many hidden trap doors and dangerous traps within the maze-like tunnels for the security purpose during the war. Afterwards, special tea and cassava (guerrillas’ food during the war) will be served. Break time.
Have lunch at the local restaurant.
Continue to visit My Tho city. With boat trip on Tien River, you will be excited by the light breeze from the river and the natural beauty of four beautiful islands such as Dragon, Unicorn, Phoenix and Tortoise along the riverside.
Cruise through the small canal by sampan, treating yourself to the beauty of the countryside, and taking a short cycling around the village which will certainly be an unforgettable experience when participating in the Mekong Delta Tour. Visit the coconut candy workshop, and enjoy seasonal delicious fruits & honey tea. Get a chance to listen to the Southern Vietnamese folk music which is performed by local people.
Return to Ho Chi Minh City. Our tour guide and driver will drop you off at city center and our Day Trip to Cu Chi Tunnels and Mekong Delta ends at about 19:00.
Tour Price: 65 USD/Person Group Size of Tour: Max 12 persons.
Tour Inclusions: A/c van/bus, pickup at the centrally located hotels in Dist 1, HCMC, transfer & sightseeing as per program; English-speaking tour guide; entrance fees; 1 lunch at the local restaurant with Vietnamese cuisine; mineral water, boat trip, fruit and honey tea.
Tour Exclusions: Personal costs & tips; travel insurance; beverage and other services not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Pick up and transfer just for the centrally located hotel/accommodation around Ben Thanh Market, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
- We are not responsible for your lateness and no refund is available for no show tourists.
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat and the tour inclusions. Please advise if you have infant at time of booking.
Other Saigon Tours You Might Like
Find your trip
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnamese People: Origin, History, Culture and Traditions
- Vietnam Currency: Best ATM and Places to Exchange Money
- Vietnam Map: Regions, Cities & Provinces Map of Vietnam
- What is illegal Things in Vietnam: Rules & Laws for Tourists
- Best Time to Travel to Vietnam to Avoid the Bad Weather
- Vietnam News: Population & Religions of 54 Ethnic Groups