Nem Rán: Recipe & Ingredients of Hanoi Springrolls
Nem Rán (other name is Chả Giò in the South or Fried Spring Rolls in Vietnam) have a long history and are modified into ingredients and spices to suit the taste of Vietnamese people from everywhere. So far, Nem Rán or Chả Giò Dish has become a familiar and indispensable dish on the TET Holiday of many families. The simple recipe below will help you combine minced meat, vermicelli, kohlrabi, carrots, onions, chicken eggs, wood ear, shiitake mushrooms and spices to create a beautiful and delicious fried spring rolls. eater's heart. Processing fried spring rolls will not be too difficult or time consuming if you have a hand on how to make Hanoi standard fried spring rolls below.
Where are the best place to eat Nem Rán or Chả Giò in Vietnam? Vietnamese Fried Spring Rolls Dish is very popular in Vietnam. It is served in every restaurants from Hanoi, Sapa, Halong Bay, Phong Nha, Hue, Da Nang, Hoi An to Saigon/Ho Chi Minh city and Mekong Delta. So you can order this dish in any restaurant you visit. Although in different areas, taste of spring rolls can be a bit different, but they are all delicious. If you like to cook your own Chả Giò or Nam Rán at home. We would like to share our local authentic fried spring rolls with Hanoian 's Recipe.
Recipe of How to Cook Vietnamese Springrolls:
- Ingredients for fried spring rolls (For 4 people):
- Lean pork shoulder 200 gr
- Vermicelli 100 gr
- Chicken eggs 3 (Only take the yolk)
- Rice paper rolls 1 pack (soft type)
- Bean sprouts 1 bowl (Small bowl)
- Onion 1 piece
- Carrot 1/2
- Wood ear 15 gr
- Garlic 50 gr Chili 50 gr
- Coriander 1 little
- Lemon juice 2 teaspoons
- Fish sauce 50 ml
- Common seasoning 1 little (Sugar / seasoning / ground pepper)
- Cook Vietnamese Fried Spring Rolls:
1. Prepare ingredients and make fried spring rolls:
- Buy the pork you buy, wash it, then mince it.
- Next, you bring the bean sprouts to wash, then squeeze out the water.
- Carrots, onions, after removing the skin and washing, you cut into strips. Chop the green onions into small pieces.
- Next, you soak wood ear with warm water for 15 minutes to soften, then wash and chop.
- The noodles are quickly exposed to boiling water to soften the fibers, then cut them into small pieces with scissors.
- After preparing the ingredients, put them all in a large bowl, then add 2 egg yolks, 2 teaspoons of sugar, 1 teaspoon of seasoning, 1 teaspoon of ground pepper, and mix well. You can adjust the seasoning accordingly. Marinate for 15 minutes for the filling to absorb the seasoning.
2. Wrap and Roll Ingredients in Rice Paper:
- You spread 1 leaf of rice paper rolls on a cutting board, then use a clean towel dipped in water, lightly wipe the surface of the cake to make it soft and easy to roll. Continue, you spread 1/2 leaf of spring rolls in the middle to avoid tearing when rolling.
- You use a spoon to scoop the amount of filling with about 3 fingers and spread it on the top of the spring rolls. Then roll your hands firmly 2 times and then stop to fold the 2 ends of spring rolls. After folding, continue rolling until the end of spring rolls.
- At the end of the spring rolls, you apply egg white to create stickiness. Then roll the spring rolls to make them beautiful.
- Just repeat the above operation until you run out of multipliers.
3. Fried Spring Rolls in Cooking Oil:
- You put the pan on the stove and then turn on the high heat to heat the pan. After the pan is hot, pour a sufficient amount of cooking oil to cover the spring rolls.
- Small tip: You should use a deep pan to help save cooking oil and still ensure spring rolls when fried evenly and crispy.
- Wait for the oil to boil, then drop each roll of spring rolls in and lower the heat. When frying for about 3 minutes, flip the spring rolls over and continue to fry for about 3 more minutes.
- When the spring rolls are golden on all sides, use chopsticks to pick up the spring rolls to drain the oil. At this point, you can divide the portion for the refrigerator to eat gradually.
4. Make Dipping Sauce:
- You put fish sauce, sugar, and filtered water in a ratio of 1:1:3 into a pot and then bring to a boil on the stove until the sugar dissolves.
- Peel your garlic, then mince it. Chili peppers remove stems, remove seeds, and then chop. With coriander, you pick up the dead leaves, stamp them, wash them, and chop them.
- When eating, just add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, garlic, chili and chopped coriander to the boiled sugar fish sauce, then stir it with a spoon.
5. Finished Product:
- Fried spring rolls are usually served with hot rice or vermicelli. You can also prepare some raw vegetables such as lettuce, basil, basil to eat with.
- Fried spring rolls have an eye-catching, hot yellow color. When eating, you will feel the crunchiness of the crust, the filling is soft, moist, rich in spices, eating with dipping sauce will be a great combination. Once you try it, you just want to eat it forever!
Best of Vietnam
Find your trip
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnamese People: Origin, History, Culture and Traditions
- Vietnam Currency: Best ATM and Places to Exchange Money
- Vietnam Map: Regions, Cities & Provinces Map of Vietnam
- Best Time to Travel to Vietnam to Avoid the Bad Weather
- What is illegal Things in Vietnam: Rules & Laws for Tourists
- Best Local Food That Should Not Be Missed in Hanoi Vietnam