Mũi Né Vietnam: History, Accommodation, How to Get There
Mui Ne in Phan Thiet is the most prominent coastal resort town, with about 15 kilometres of sandy beaches that are lined with an array of shopping and dining venues as well as luxurious beachfront resorts. Great for experiencing the daily lives of local people, the northern end of the bay is a home to a traditional fishing village that also offers a picturesque view of the coastline lined with colourful fishing boats moored on the water and swaying palm trees.
History of the name: Mui Ne means "sheltered peninsula," and indeed, is used as a seasonal harbor by local fisherman. This area was previous occupied by the Cham Kingdom, as testified to by the Cham Towers overlooking the Phan Thiet City. The towers were built in the 8th century to worship Shiva, and are said to be among the oldest in Vietnam.
Visiting the local fishing harbour at dawn is a must-do as you’ll have chance to see local fishermen sorting out hundreds of fresh seafood such as scallops, groupers, crabs, and stingrays. While the beach remains relatively authentic, the growing numbers of tourists to Mui Ne Fishing Village has resulted in a number of gift shops and affordable local seafood restaurants.
Mui Ne Town is also surrounded by very unique natural formations, verdant mountains, and remnants of the Former Ancient Champa Kingdom. The iconic Red and White Sand Dunes offer you a fun-filled day of riding ATVs and sliding down the slopes on plastic sleds. The Fairy Stream is a popular photography hotspot thanks to its dramatic landscape of red and white sand dunes, blossoming flowers, verdant trees, and coconut palms. Another must-visit in Mui Ne City is Pagoda of Linh Son Truong Tho at Ta Cu Mountain, where you can see Vietnam’s largest statue of a reclining Buddha.
The southern area of Mui Ne Beach is place to swanky retail outlets selling quality beachwear, local handicrafts, clothes, and jewellery. There are also many of kitesurfing schools offering short courses and equipment rentals. Many thanks to its rock-free waters, Mui Ne Beach is ideal place for a day of swimming, kayaking, kitesurfing, and surfing. The best time to enjoy these activities in Mui Ne are between the months of November and March, when it is sunny with strong winds, resulting in optimum wave conditions and temperatures.
When you want to dining in Mui Ne, you can find a diverse range of local beachfront restaurants serving authentic Asian fare, regional specialities, and fresh seafood from the Ocean. If love to have something from back home, there are also plenty of resort and expat-owned restaurants that offer familiar regional dishes from all over the world.
Nightlife in Mui Ne Beach is fairly relaxed in comparision to Nha Trang or Ho Chi Minh, comprising a handful of late-night restaurants, hotel bars, and hippy lounges set along the beach. Most of these venues have been opening for decades, hosting vibrant parties, cultural nights, movie screenings, dance performances, bonfires, and guest DJs from all across Vietnam and from Europe.
How To Get To Mui Ne Beach in Phan Thiet?
It’s fairly easy to get to Mui Ne / Phan Thiet from Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) or Nha Trang. If you come from Saigon/Ho Chi Minh city, then you can take the Train/Open Bus/ Private Car from Saigon. You can book Train/Open Bus tickets or Private Car easily from Hotels/Travel Agencies in Nha Trang or Saigon/Ho Chi Minh city.
Hotels/Accommodation in Mui Ne, Phan Thiet?
Plenty of Nice Hotels/Resorts or Mini Guesthouse to choose in Mui Ne depends on your budget. Most of these accommodation are located near the beach, so that will help you to have a nice stay to enjoy the beach. Some of the Best Hotels and Resorts in Mui Ne we can recommend:
1. Anantara Mui Ne Resort - Address: 12A Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Mui Ne, Vietnam
2. Sea Links Beach Resort & Golf - Address: Km 9, Phu Hai, Mui Ne, Vietnam
3. The Cliff Resort & Residences: Address: Zone 5, Phu Hai Ward, Mui Ne, Vietnam
4. Mui Ne Bay Resort: Address: Quarter 14, Mui Ne, Phan Thiet, Vietnam
5. Sonata Resort & Spa: Address: Km 17, 719, Tien Thanh, Phan Thiet, Vietnam
6. Four Oceans Resort: Address: 30 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Ham Tien, Phan Thiet, Vietnam
7. Joe's Cafe & Garden Resort: Address: 86 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Quarter 1, Ham Tien, Mui Ne.
8. Ananda Resort: Address: 48 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Quarter 1, Ham Tien, Mui Ne, Vietnam
9. Muine Sports Hotel: Address: 246/5 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Ham Tien, Mui Ne, Vietnam
10. Sunrise Village Hotel: Address: 316-318/12 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Mui Ne, Vietnam
See Related Articles:
Best of Vietnam
Find your trip
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnamese People: Origin, History, Culture and Traditions
- Vietnam Currency: Best ATM and Places to Exchange Money
- Vietnam Map: Regions, Cities & Provinces Map of Vietnam
- What is illegal Things in Vietnam: Rules & Laws for Tourists
- Best Time to Travel to Vietnam to Avoid the Bad Weather
- Vietnam News: Population & Religions of 54 Ethnic Groups