Mui Ne Nightlife: Beach Bars, Restaurants & Night Market
Mui Ne Nightlife is not less interesting than the daytime with many activities and beachfront bars you can join. When the sun goes down in this coastal town, you can take part in many night time activities. They will give you the unique experience in Mui Ne Beach Town. Below, we would like to share some of our suggestions for your Nightlife in Mui Ne.
1. Visiting and Shopping at Phan Thiet Night Market:
- Location: 209 Lê Lợi, Hưng Long, Thành phố Phan Thiết, Bình Thuận
- Opening hours: 17:00 – 22:00 everyday
Phan Thiet Night Market is one of the best place to go for shopaholics. It is one of the largest and most popular nightlife spots in Binh Thuan. Here, you can find a wide range of products including Cham handicrafts, embroidery artworks, sand paintings, and souvenirs. With abundant goods, this market will surely be a good stop in the evening for buying some beautiful items for your friends and family members.
Wandering around the market, it is unresistable to delicious desserts and cuisines along the streets. It is highly recommended to try Tuyen Quang fried rice pancakes. Standing out from other dishes, they are cooked in a special Cham ceramic pot. The recipe is kept confidential so no one knows about their ingredients. However, we cannot deny its aromatic and crunchy flavor. The market is surely an excellent experience to go out.
2. Enjoy Night Squid Fishing Tour with Locals:
Squid fishing is an interesting activity that you should not miss when traveling in any Vietnam coastal town. Squid fishing has become more popular these years because it brings a great feeling of floating on the sea in the middle of night.
In Mui Ne Phan Thiet, there are many local tours operating this activity at night. The boats usually depart at 5:00 pm in the fishing village. They will take you to the sea to experience night squid fishing. There are abundant squids in the sea and local people will sail the boat and teach you how to fish. Tools including racquets and fishing rods will be provided on the boat so you can use them to catch the squids.
In the past, you may expect to pay a lot of money to experience a night squid fishing in Mui Ne. But nowadays, the activity has become a part of some private tours and you can enjoy it any day of the week.
It normally takes about 4 hours for a night squid fishing journey. You should expect to pay price of 300.000vnd to 500.000 vnd for one person for this night tour. And, it is better to try fishing squids from March to August when the squids are plenty and they come near the shores to breed. After squid fishing, you also have a chance to enjoy delicious dishes made from the squids that you caught. It sounds interesting, doesn’t it?
3. Immerse in Wonderful Live Music with Drinks:
Mui Ne nightlife will not be complete without enjoying live music at some coastal cafes. Among the popular cafes in the town, we highly recommend Joe’s Cafe. Located at the street along Ham Tien Beach, the cafe is a favorite place to enjoy nightlife by local people. Joe’s is the best place in town to enjoy a cup of coffee and listen to the sounds of the waves. Right when stepping into the cafe, you will surely be impressed by its giant grass roofs and giant green canopies. Guests can choose your seat from different types of chairs that the cafe offers. It could be beach chairs, dining tables, or deck lounges.
The place is always busy at different times of the day. There are always a wide range of activities and fun here like football, swimming pool, billiards, nice booze, etc. If you go with your kids, there will be a kid playground here so they can play with other kids. The big plus point for Joe’s Cafe is that guests can listen to beautiful voices from Vietnamese singers each night. This will help you relax after a long day of wandering and feel more excited.
Deja Vu Bar & Restaurant gives you a chance to enjoy a drink after enjoying dinner without moving to other places. At the bar, it offers various music performances, from rock, jazz, to traditional music. Located in a tourist friendly street called Nguyen Dinh Chieu, it has a vibrant setting with some separating sections to suit any preference. On the rooftop, you can find a lounge with paper lanterns and fluorescent lights. It is a special area where you can enjoy tobaccos and shishas. There is also an indoor art room and a tropical garden suitable for travelling families with a mini playground.
Like Joe’s Cafe, Deja Vu Bar & Restaurant also offers fun games and sports events. A massive projector will give you a chance to enjoy some great movies while travelling. Because most are foreign films, it is easy to understand their content. The menu offers various drinks including ciders, wines, imported beers, liquors, etc. Some of the Best Bars and Nightclubs in Mui Ne you can try:
Jibe's Beach Club - Suoi Nuoc:
- Location: Full Moon Village, Mui Ne, Phan Thiet, Binh Thuan Province, Vietnam
- Open: Daily from 6.30 am to 10 pm
Deja Vu Restaurant & Bar:
- Location: 122 Nguyễn Đình Chiểu, khu phố 1, Thành phố Phan Thiết, Bình Thuận 084252, Vietnam
- Open: Daily from 10 am to 12 pm
- Phone: +84 (0)866 000 933
Dragon Beach - Lounge Bar & Club:
- Location: 121/1 Nguyễn Đình Chiểu, Phường Hàm Tiến, Thành phố Phan Thiết, Bình Thuận, Vietnam
- Open: Daily from 12.30 pm to 3 am
- Phone: +84 (0)90 766 61 60
Nirvana Beach Club:
- Location: 122 Nguyễn Đình Chiểu, Phường Hàm Tiến, Thành phố Phan Thiết, Bình Thuận, Vietnam
- Open: Daily from 9.30 am to 1 am
- Phone: +84 (0)92 841 99 88
Pogo Beach Club:
- Location: 138 Nguyễn Đình Chiểu, khu phố 2, Hàm Thuận Bắc, Bình Thuận, Vietnam
4. Joining The Fisherman Show to learn local Culture:
Traveling to Mui Ne, you can experience a new creational type of Fishermen show with music stages and cultural dancing. It is an unique Vietnamese show in Mui Ne that reflects cultural features of fishing villages while combining with the arts on water and music stages. The performances are lively and highly attractive with performers dancing on the water. The contemporary dancing makes it easy for both domestic and international audiences to understand the plot of the show. The Fisherman Show mainly refers to the diligent and hardworking nature of the Sea’s sons and daughters and their wish to explore the sea.
Full of light and music, and taking advantage of LED light techniques, the lovely sights of the fishing villages and the sea appears vividly in front of your eyes. The show is a must if you truly want to see a part of Mui Ne. Just with 60 minutes, you will go through 6 chapters: Whale God worshipping festival and the Sailing Dance, the Enigmatic Ocean World, a Fisherman and a Princess of the sea, the Evil Forces of the deep sea, the defend from the Gods of the Sea, the triumph of the Fishermen. The show is a must if you truly want to see a part of Mui Ne’s landscapes and local people.
5. Try Delicious Seafood Dishes in Local Restaurants:
Phan Thiet was known as a fishing community which is an abundant seafood supply for the town. As tourism gets more developed in the area, there are more and more seafood restaurants. Coming here, the indigenous cuisine are made up of different types of fish, marine life, and crustaceans brought by the local fishermen.
Mentioning about its specialty, fish sauce is the most famous one that many tourists buy for their family. Besides, don’t miss your chance to try the following dishes:
• Dried Squid (Muc mot nang): It is the fresh squid dried under the sun for a day. Vietnamese prefer grilled it with lemon and chillies and enjoy it with fish sauce.
• Steamed “bo hom” fish: The dish is well known for its nutritious, sweet, and juicy taste. Combining salty fish sauce, aromatic herbs, and sweet griddle cake, it surely satisfies any eaters’ taste.
• Mai Fish Salad: This is one of the best Phan Thiet dishes made from Mai Fish for fresh meat. The meat will be mixed with pounding roasted peanuts and different kinds of vegetables and herbs, creating a wonderful taste.
See Related Articles:
Best of Vietnam
Find your trip
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnamese People: Origin, History, Culture and Traditions
- Vietnam Currency: Best ATM and Places to Exchange Money
- Vietnam Map: Regions, Cities & Provinces Map of Vietnam
- What is illegal Things in Vietnam: Rules & Laws for Tourists
- Best Time to Travel to Vietnam to Avoid the Bad Weather
- Vietnam News: Population & Religions of 54 Ethnic Groups