Mì Quảng Noodle in Hoi An: Recipe and How to Make
Mì Quảng (Quang Noodle): Referring to the land of Quang Nam, people not only remember the land that was once a hero in battle, the land of immense green acacia forests, remember an ancient Hoi An with brilliant lanterns, the place to stop. interesting truth of many domestic and foreign tourists. But people still remember Quang Nam with a unique and emotional cuisine just like the people here. If Hanoi has pho and nuggets, Hue has mussel rice and beef vermicelli, Quang Nam is not inferior to rice paper rolls with pork and Quang noodles. Among them, I am still most impressed with the land of Da Nang - Quang Nam in this Quang noodle dish, the fiber is almost pho, but the taste is really different.
It can be said that Quang noodles are the soul of Quang cuisine, people coming to this land can hardly ignore a dish with many delicious bars, but this is very popular and friendly. No one knows that Quang noodles have started to become an attractive dish and companion with the children of the Central region since time immemorial, only some documents are recorded, there are Quang noodles originating from the cultural interference. Vietnamese - Chinese culture. China is inherently a country with a rich cuisine, especially with rice-based ingredients that can be transformed into hundreds of different dishes, but noodles are even more dominant. When the Chinese entered Hoi An city by trade, they brought a bit of national cuisine, but Vietnamese people never stop being creative. From their traditional noodles, we also make our own, but the flavor is different, delicious and suitable for our nation's taste and after many generations of addition, development, and development, today we have a dish. The food is unique and worth studying and enjoying.
I have eaten Quang noodles many times, it seems that it once became a regular breakfast. That passionate taste, even if I rarely have the opportunity to eat it again later, it is still hard to forget. A good bowl of Quang noodles is like a good bowl of pho, the two important things, the broth and the noodles, are necessarily neat and thorough. The broth must have a golden brown color, iridescent fat, a blend of shrimp, bacon and quail eggs cooked together, taste a bit salty, moderate sweetness, add a little spicy red chili is okay. And the noodles must be white, greasy and bright, not broken or broken and not stuck together. Besides these two main things, the traditional Quang noodles must have pork and quail eggs as the master, in addition to the auxiliary spices that are said to have enough nine flavors to be delicious, including: basil, Fresh lettuce, young vegetables, bean sprouts, coriander, laksa leaves, finely chopped scallions, thinly sliced banana hibiscus. In addition, the cook also has chili, lemon and fish sauce available for diners to add if they like. Today, Quang noodles have many variations to serve the needs of customers from all over the world, but the main change is the meat in Quang noodles, people can change pork into chicken, frog meat, shrimp, fish. snakehead and even beef for extra richness. At the same time, reduce some accompanying vegetables. Unlike Pho Hanoi, this "reformation" of Quang noodles is easy to make people here adapt and warmly welcome, just like the way they welcome guests from all over the world to do business.
About how to make Quang noodles, Quang noodles are quite easy to prepare, not too fussy like when cooking pho or vermicelli, but in order to have a delicious bowl of Quang noodles, the cook must be skilled and have a lot of experience in seasoning. Soup. If you want to cook well, the stage of choosing ingredients must be very careful, the young ribs choose the delicious ones, the cartilage is not too hard or too soft, chop them into small pieces, and marinate them with spices such as chopped red onion, salt, pepper, pepper, and noodles. main, delicious fish sauce, colored water within 20 minutes. Shrimp choose medium-sized type, prepare, remove only the soil from the back and marinate similar to young ribs. After marinating, put on the stove to stir-fry the tenderloin, then add a little water, bring to a boil, so that the ribs are just cooked, the broth is rich. Shrimp is sautéed after, when just cooked, pour it into the pot of meat and mix well. In addition, people also boil quail eggs, peel them, then when the pot of shrimp meat is close, add them to make Quang noodles more flavorful. With Quang noodles, usually restaurants will order in large quantities at specialized production facilities. Noodles are made of plain rice flour, when coated and cut, people also add a little sesame oil, peanut oil to make the noodles smooth and less sticky. When diners order, the seller will quickly put raw vegetables in a large bowl, then arrange the noodles on top, scoop in some meat and shrimp as you like, and then pour the broth over it. Note that Quang noodles are not the usual noodle soup dishes that always have to be filled with water, but Quang noodles only need a little water to line the bottom for more flavor. After pouring the broth, the seller adds a little crunchy roasted peanuts for flavor, a little shrimp puff or rice paper, to make the dish richer and more abundant.
It can be said that Quang noodle is not really called a delicious sago, nor a dish that needs gourmets to enjoy, but it is really a rustic dish and extremely close to the community. Anyone can eat it like that, gradually it has entered the lifestyle of the people in the central region as a rich and dear friend. Become a unique culture in Da Nang - Quang Nam cuisine. Saying it's Quang noodles, in fact, coming to Da Nang, we can even eat more delicious Quang noodles than its hometown.
Processing and Recipe of How to Cook:
- It is a dish that is quite easy to prepare, not too fussy like when cooking pho or vermicelli, but to have a delicious bowl of Quang noodles, the cook must be skilled and have a lot of experience in seasoning the broth.
- Chopped young ribs, marinated with spices such as chopped red onion, salt, chili, pepper, main noodles, delicious fish sauce, colored water within 20 minutes.
- Shrimp choose a medium-sized type, prepare only the soil on the back, and then marinate it like young ribs.
- After marinating, stir-fry the tenderloin on the stove, then add a little water, bring to a boil, so that the ribs are just cooked, the broth is rich. Shrimp is sautéed after, when just cooked, pour it into the pot of meat and mix well.
- Noodles are made of plain rice flour, when coated and cut, people also add a little sesame oil, peanut oil to make the noodles smoother and less sticky.
- When diners order, the seller will quickly put raw vegetables in a big bowl, then arrange noodles on top, scoop in some meat and shrimp as you like, then pour the broth over it, add some peanuts. Crispy roasted for flavor, a little shrimp puff or rice paper.
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Car Rental
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnamese Balut or Egg Embryo: Things You Need to Know
- Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi - Vietnam Travel Guide
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport - Ho Chi Minh City Guide
- Liberation Day & National Day: Public Holidays in Vietnam
- Vietnamese Zodiac & Elements: The Signs of 12 Animals
- Halong Bay - Choose 1 Day Trip or Overnight Cruise?