Bún Thịt Nướng: Hue Grilled Meat with Rice / Vermicelli Noodle
Bún Thịt Nướng Huế or Grilled Meat wit Rice / Vermicelli Noodle is a favorite and popular specialty dish in all three regions of the country. Although grilled pork vermicelli was introduced to food lovers with a rather obscure origin, it really had a long time with Vietnamese people before becoming so popular that it can be found in any street vendors at the end of every street, luxury restaurants in Vietnam or even Vietnamese restaurants in your country today.
In the South of Vietnam, the name “Hủ Tiếu” is widely known. But in the North, people use "bun cha" to refer to this delicious dish. At the same time, according to each region, this dish has certain differences and this unique feature is reflected in the way the meat is sliced as well as the shape of the meat.
Referring to Hue, people often think of royal cuisine, Hue beef vermicelli, mussel rice, but few people know about grilled pork vermicelli - a favorite dish of Hue people.
Grilled pork vermicelli is available everywhere, but grilled pork vermicelli in Hue has a different taste. The ingredients for making vermicelli vermicelli are quite simple, including lean meat, pork belly, pork liver, raw vegetables, cucumber, etc. First, cut the meat into a large bowl and season with spices such as lemongrass, garlic, pepper, fish sauce, etc. salt, ... depending on each person's taste, then arrange the meat on a griddle, grilled on charcoal, when grilling, the meat must be turned evenly so that the meat is cooked evenly.
Unlike other places, grilled pork vermicelli in Hue is eaten with broth. The broth is like the soul of a bowl of vermicelli, if the broth is good, the bowl of vermicelli is delicious. So the way to make the broth is quite sophisticated, including pureed peanuts, adding fish sauce, pork liver, minced pork and then boiling on the stove until it thickens like soy sauce. After completing the above steps, we put raw, sweet and sour vegetables in a bowl, add some vermicelli, grilled meat, and finally add the broth.
Hot absorbent grilled meat served with fragrant vermicelli, fresh, crispy vegetables, and irresistible fatty broth suitable for every meal of the day. Today, we would like to share with you the recipe for delicious grilled pork vermicelli with Hue taste, let's record it together!
Recipe of How to Cook Hue Grilled Pork with Noodle:
Ingredients for grilled pork vermicelli:
- 500 gr of shoulder meat, choose a piece with a bit of fat
- 1 branch of lemongrass, minced
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 branches of green onion: The leaves are finely chopped, the white part is chopped
- Spices: 1/2 teaspoon pepper; 1 tablespoon fish sauce; 2 tablespoons soy sauce; 2 tablespoons oyster sauce; 1 tablespoon sugar, even better if brown sugar is available; 2 tablespoons cooking oil; 1 tablespoon honey.
- Fresh vermicelli, salad, cucumber, pickles, roasted peanuts and onion fat.
- Sweet and sour fish sauce: 1 tablespoon fish sauce + 1 tablespoon sugar + 1.5 tablespoons cold water + 1 tablespoon lemon juice. All dissolved, add garlic, minced chili.
Mix meat marinade including: 1/2 teaspoon pepper; 1 tablespoon fish sauce; 2 tablespoons soy sauce; 2 tablespoons oyster sauce; 1 tablespoon sugar, even better if brown sugar is available; 2 tablespoons cooking oil; 1 tablespoon honey. Mix.
Lean pork shoulder washed, dried and cut into bite-sized pieces. Gently use a hammer to soften the meat. Then marinate with the seasoning on top with the white part of the onion root into the meat, mix well with gloves. Leave for 1-2 hours for the meat to absorb the spices.
Open the oven at 230 degrees Celsius before 10 minutes for the oven to heat up. Place the meat on the griddle and place in the middle of the oven for about 7-10 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remember to turn it over and over so that the meat is browned on both sides!
Prepare vermicelli and raw vegetables to serve. How to make sweet and sour sauce is as follows: 1 tablespoon fish sauce + 1 tablespoon sugar + 1.5 tablespoons cold water + 1 tablespoon lemon juice. All dissolved, add garlic, minced chili.
Wish you success and deliciousness with this special dish of Hue cuisine!
Best of Vietnam
Find your trip
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnamese People: Origin, History, Culture and Traditions
- Vietnam Currency: Best ATM and Places to Exchange Money
- Vietnam Map: Regions, Cities & Provinces Map of Vietnam
- What is illegal Things in Vietnam: Rules & Laws for Tourists
- Best Time to Travel to Vietnam to Avoid the Bad Weather
- Vietnam News: Population & Religions of 54 Ethnic Groups