Bitexco Financial Tower Saigon Skydeck in Ho Chi Minh City
Bitexco Financial Tower (Vietnamese: Toà Nhà Tài Chính Tháp Bitexco Financial Tower) is the highest building in Ho Chi Minh City, located at the Center of District 1. It was built on an area of nearly 6,100 m², and is one of the tallest skyscrapers in Vietnam. Total investment capital is estimated at 220 million USD, invested and built by Bitexco Group based in Hanoi. Bitexco Tower welcomes 5,000-7,000 employees and visitors a day, most of visitors visit the Saigon Skydeck Observatory – the Best Viewpoint of the city.
- Address: No. 19-25 Nguyen Hue, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Ticket Price to the 49th floor to visit and see the Saigon: 200,000VND/ticket
- Opening hours: 10:00 – 21:30 (closed later on weekends).
- Dress Code: Comfortable Clothes are recommended
1. History of Bitexco Financial Tower in Ho Chi Minh City:
The tower was started construction in May 2004, designed by American architect Zapata and inaugurated on October 31, 2010. The design concept is inspired by the image of a lotus bud reaching up to the sky, representing the nation's aspiration to rise, representing a dynamic Vietnam but still preserving its identity.
The project was completed and put into use on October 31, 2010, becoming the tallest building in Vietnam until Keangnam Hanoi Landmark Tower surpassed it in 2011. Currently the building is the 4th tallest building in Vietnam. South, after Landmark 81, Keangnam Hanoi Landmark Tower and Lotte Center Hanoi.
Although it only holds the highest record in Vietnam for a short time (about 4 months), but with the architecture inspired by the lotus bud, the tower has always been considered a symbol of modernity and energy. movement and development of Ho Chi Minh City
Bitexco Financial Tower was once selected by the leaders of the People's Committee of Ho Chi Minh City as one of the art fireworks displays combining light and laser shows to welcome the New Year 2015 and celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Prize, liberate the South, unify the country. It is now become the best place to see Saigon from above.
2. Architecture of Bitexco Financial Tower in Ho Chi Minh City:
According to the design, the height from the ground to the top is 269 m, the first tallest up to the time of completion, and the 4th highest among the buildings in Vietnam today, behind the Landmark 81 building 461.3m, Keangnam Hanoi Landmark 72 336m and Lotte Center Hanoi 272m. At the time of its inauguration in 2010, Bitexco Financial Tower was the 110th tallest in the world.
Bitexco Financial Tower is designed with reinforced concrete and glass. There is a helipad on the roof of the building. The design concept of Bitexco Financial Tower is inspired by the graceful and elegant image of the lotus bud, a symbol of Vietnamese culture. The building is considered a symbol of the dynamism of Ho Chi Minh City in the period of economic integration. Most of the area of the building will be the leading financial enterprises in the country and the world to set up transaction offices. The top part of the building will be decorated, lit with lights at night to create a splendor like the city's lighthouse.
The 68-storey commercial building provides 37,000 m² of office space, and more than 8,000 m of commercial space from the 1st to the 6th floor. More than 600 m is designed for the restaurant and food court on the 50th floor. , a high-class restaurant on the 51st floor and a more than 300 m² area on the 52nd floor for business. In addition, a public observatory on the 49th floor allows visitors to enjoy a 360-degree panoramic view of the city and the Saigon River. The tower is also the first project in Vietnam to build a helipad on the 52nd floor.
A special feature of the building's architecture is on the 52nd floor, Bitexco Financial Tower. It is the first helipad in Vietnam located in the south of the tower, hanging "suspended" out of the main structure of the building. At a height of 191m above the city, the helipad has a total length of 40m, of which 18m connects to the main structure of the building and extends 22m above the main structure of the tower. This heliport construction site is different from the helipads in other buildings because most of them are built on the roof of the building. Not intended to create a visual impression, the location of the helipad is intended to create a subtle utility when welcoming guests to the building and accessing the cozy space inside as quickly as possible.
In addition, assembling the helipad in suspended space is another big challenge. The helipad is a combination of over 250 tons of structural steel and over 4,000 bolts to link. In addition, steel and cement materials are used more, but still ensure the load between the helipad structure and the structure inside the tower. Speaking of the assembly process, the helipad must be tested at the workshop before being put up for actual assembly on the 52nd floor. Due to the complex architecture, the construction of this helipad took nearly a year to build. completed, in which the assembly took nearly 2 months.
The complex factors in technical requirements have created great challenges for the engineering staff. The tower with asymmetrical architecture creates many difficulties for construction. No floor in the tower is the same, and each of the 6,000 glass panels used to surround the building are cut to different sizes. The glass walls have a curved shape, arranged in the form of inclined cylinders rather than vertical rectangles. With its slender form, the building had to be reinforced with braces to keep the building wind-resistant.
3. What Activities to Do and Things to See in Bitexco Tower?
What's at Bitexco Saigon building? Here are the most prominent things in Bitexco for you to visit, shop and explore:
3.1. Icon68 Shopping Center:
This is a modern commercial center so you can enjoy shopping all day without getting bored. There are many famous fashion brands here, such as Adidas, Topshop, Pedro, Topshop Topman, Warehouse, Charles & Keith...
3.2. Cinema BHD Bitexco:
The Bitexco building has a cluster of BHD Star Cineplex Icon 68 theaters located on the 3rd and 4th floors. This cinema complex has 7 screening rooms, of which 5 2D and 3D technical projection rooms with a total area of more than 2,000m2 and a capacity of nearly 1,000 People. Each room is equipped with an international standard screen and Dolby 7.1 sound, giving you a great experience at Bitexco.
3.3. Saigon Skydeck Observation:
Saigon Skydeck is the Best Viewpoint Place to see the whole city from above. Surrounding Skydeck is glazed to help you have a 360 view, especially with a clear binocular system to be able to see most of the distant places such as Notre Dame Cathedral, Central Post Office, Thu Thiem Tunnel. When visiting Skydeck at night, you will be amazed by the bright lights from the city, forming an extremely magical picture.
3.4. What Food and Drinks Does Bitexco Have to Eat?
What to eat at Bitexco Saigon? In the Bitexco building, there are many famous restaurants as well as food courts with a diverse menu:
- Food Creative food court: located on the 4th floor of the building, open kitchen style reappears, diverse menu, more than 500 different Asian and European dishes with fast foods, attractive desserts, and prices only from 40,000 VND or more.
- Haidilao Bitexco Restaurant: located on the 2nd floor of Bitexco building, mainly selling Chinese hot pot, one of the most popular hot pot brands today and highly appreciated by many foodies and reviewers.
- Strata overhead buffet restaurant: located on the 52nd floor, where you can enjoy a 5-star standard buffet with the most quintessential dishes at home and abroad, especially while eating while watching Saigon below immensely. spectacular.
- Hoang Yen Buffet Premier Restaurant: located on the 3rd floor, specializes in barbecue and Korean dishes, luxurious modern space, is one of the best buffet dining places in Saigon.
- Ootoya Restaurant: located on the 2nd floor, serves diners some famous Japanese dishes such as sushi, tempura and kaiseki, with fresh ingredients and focus on providing adequate nutrition for each meal.
Some Cafes/Cofffee Shops in Bitexco Financial Tower to enjoy Vietnamese Coffee and Viewpoint of Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City. If you go to the bitexco building to drink coffee, you can refer to some of the following cafes in Bitexco:
- EON cafe: located on three floors 50, 51, 52 of Bitexco Financial Tower, this is an ideal place to enjoy a cup of coffee or a light cocktail and enjoy the panoramic view of the city from above.
- Elle Cafe: located on the ground floor of the Bitexco building, it is suitable for those who want to sip a cup of coffee in the melodious music background, weave on the blue patches, then relax and enjoy and watch the street.
- Terreca Cafe: also located on the ground floor, the space is very modern and luxurious, there are both indoor and outdoor areas, and the view around is very beautiful.
4. How to Get to Bitexco Financial Tower in Saigon?
Located in city center of Ho Chi Minh City, near most of the accommodation, restaurants and tourist attractions, so it is very easy to get to the Bitexco Finance Tower. There are 3 different ways to get from Bitexco Financial Tower to Ho Chi Minh City by public bus, Grab Car, Motorbike Taxi or Foot depending on where you start your trip. We recommend to download google map photo to get directions and walk to there, as you then can enjoy your discovery of local life in the area.
Best of Vietnam
Find your trip
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnamese People: Origin, History, Culture and Traditions
- Vietnam Currency: Best ATM and Places to Exchange Money
- Vietnam Map: Regions, Cities & Provinces Map of Vietnam
- Best Time to Travel to Vietnam to Avoid the Bad Weather
- What is illegal Things in Vietnam: Rules & Laws for Tourists
- Best Local Food That Should Not Be Missed in Hanoi Vietnam