- Visit to a truly unspoiled and newly undiscovered destination in the Mekong Delta.
- Experience local life in the coconut town with unique handicrafts made of coconut.
- Enjoy cool river breeze cruising and lush tropical islands
- Rowing Sampan Boat through natural canals
- Cycling to discover peaceful local village roads
Mekong Delta Homestay Tour 2 Days 1 Night
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City - Ben Tre Province (L, D).
Agreed Time: Our local guide and driver pick up at your hotel for Mekong Delta Homestay 2 Days 1 Night Tour. We depart for Ben Tre Province with about 2 hours driving.
Upon arriving at Ham Luong dock, board the boat & cruise along Ham Luong River, a tributary to the Mekong River. The cool breeze from the river and lush tropical islands along its banks will immediately get you excited to explore all the great things ahead.
Arrive and visit various local workplaces to find many wonderful examples of how local people use ageless techniques to create their crafts, including activated charcoal, dried coconut, handy coconut husk brooms, and many family businesses using coir, or coconut fiber, to create amazing art. Cruise around the village roads by “Xe Lôi”, the local vehicle, which is a kind of motorized rickshaw. Kayak through the natural canals to get a unique experience of the peaceful beauty of the Mekong River as well as the rural life there.
Perfect your morning with a delicious and filling lunch at a local host house.
You’ll have some break time before continuing with more activities- cycling around the village, or treating yourself to a relaxing time to relish the beautiful countryside, fishing, and cooking with the locals. Enjoy dinner and an overnight homestay experience.
Day 2: Ben Tre Province - Ho Chi Minh City (B, L).
Early wake up to enjoy the peaceful countryside in the morning, and then have breakfast before cycling to the local market, and shop for fresh vegetable and ingredients to later be prepared for your lunch. Visit to Hung Nghiem pagoda; it’s also a chance to learn how to make natural soy sauce by an in-house nun. Visit a small family’s business workplace producing raw material for coconut fiber.
Later, it’s time for cooking and enjoying lunch at the homestay.
After lunch, visit a local fruit plantation, enjoy some seasonal fresh fruit, and spend more enjoyable time on the rowboat through the natural canals. Treat yourself to a relaxing time to get a sense of the beautiful countryside. Embark on the sampan and return to the dock. Come back to Saigon. End trip Ben Tre Mekong Deluxe Homestay 2 Days 1 Night.
Price per Person
(Seasonal prices apply and will be confirmed when booking
|2 pax||3 - 4 pax||5 - 7 pax||8 - 10 pax||10 pax +|
- Private Car Transfer & sightseeing as per program.
- Boat Trip and Sampan Boat in the Mekong delta.
- Ordinary Bicycle for Cycling Tour in the Village
- English speaking guide during tour
- All entrance fees to sightseeing places
- Overnight Accommodationin local homestay
- Meals as indicated in the program (B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner)
- Other meals not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Tips for Tour Guide and Driver
Other Saigon Tours You Might Like
Find your trip
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnamese People: Origin, History, Culture and Traditions
- Vietnam Currency: Best ATM and Places to Exchange Money
- Vietnam Map: Regions, Cities & Provinces Map of Vietnam
- Best Time to Travel to Vietnam to Avoid the Bad Weather
- What is illegal Things in Vietnam: Rules & Laws for Tourists
- Best Local Food That Should Not Be Missed in Hanoi Vietnam