Nguyen Hue Flower Walking Street, Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City
Nguyen Hue Walking Street, located in Central District 1 and known as Flower Street for Vietnamese, is the cultural hub of Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City. Nguyen Hue Street is home to unique culinary delights, lively bars, restaurants and exciting entertainment venues, it’s the perfect destination for Nightlife Activities. This is a popular tourist destination that offers a unique blend of history, culture, and modernity. With its beautiful floral displays, impressive skyline, and bustling atmosphere, this street attracts visitors from all over the world who come to experience its vibrant energy.
- Location: Central District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Opening Hours: Always Open
Nguyen Hue Night Walking Street (Source: scootersaigontour.com)
1. History of Nguyen Hue Walking Street in Ho Chi Minh:
History of Nguyen Hue Walking Street goes way back to the 1800’s. Originally, the avenue was a canal linked to Saigon River and was called Kinh Lớn (The Grand Canal). It was completely transformed into a boulevard during the mid-late 19th century. After that, the city’s Government decided to reconstruct the entire boulevard into Nguyen Hue Pedestrian Street in 2014.
2. What Makes Nguyen Hue Street Special and Unique?
Nguyen Hue Walking Street is located in Central District 1 of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. This bustling, lively street is conveniently situated near many of the city’s most famous tourist attractions and destinations.
Nguyen Hue Flower Walking Street (Source: vnexpress.net)
The street is a hub of excitement and energy, offering a diverse range of bars, pubs, clubs, and entertainment options that cater to every taste and budget. Thanks to its diversity, Nguyen Hue Pedestrian Street is a popular destination for tourists and locals alike. From sophisticated bars to bustling street markets, everyone can find something to enjoy on Nguyen Hue Street.
What sets Nguyen Hue Street apart from other nightlife destinations is its unique atmosphere. This street is alive with the sound of music and laughter, and the air is always filled with excitement.
Whether you're looking to dance the night away or simply relax with a drink in hand, you're sure to find something to suit your taste on Nguyen Hue Street. The street is perfect for nightlife enthusiasts, but it also offers something for everyone, from foodies and history buffs to shoppers and sightseers.
3. What Activities to Do & Things to See in Nguyen Hue Street?
Nguyen Hue Street is a wonderful for tourists place to visit as it provides a plethora of delectable cuisine, ranging from traditional Vietnamese to modern international fare. There is something for everyone! The street is also lined with many landmarks with an intriguing architecture. There are a great many attractions on Nguyen Hue walking street, to fully appreciate the charm and sparkling of Nguyen Hue walking street, it is highly recommended for nightlife.
3.1. Capture Lively Moments in Photography:
You can capture memorable instances of your trip at closely accessible sceneries such as the Notre Dame Cathedral, Palace of Independence, Ben Thanh Market, Saigon Opera House and many more! Or you can just simply take a picture while posing to the background of the street’s quaint colonial architecture!
3.2. Spend time in the Shops and Bookstore:
Attracting local and foreign readers as well as tourists, Nguyen Hue Bookstore is well-known as one of the unique cultural emblems of the city. Book lovers won’t be able to overlook the Nguyen Hue Bookstore which covers an astounding area of over 2000m²! The bookstore has a pleasant appearance with modern facilities as well as enthusiastic and professional staff. Thousands of books are orderly arranged in shelves, making shopping easy for all customers.
3.3. Visit Cafe Apartment at 42 Nguyen Hue:
Neighboring the bookstore, the Cafe Apartment 42 Nguyen Hue is home to various cafes and boutiques inside with distinctly unique interior designs. Its one-of-a-kind design has even been internationally featured on the National Geographic channel! You are ensured to have a great time as each of the shops will have something special and unique to offer; ranging from unique designs and handcrafted products to the most appetizing of meals!
3.4. Enjoying Street Live Music Performances:
Imagine walking along the avenue and unexpectedly hearing some interesting sounds and seeing a crowd. Wouldn’t that make you feel curious? Once you come to see, you realize people are watching LIVE shows! Who wouldn’t say yes to a live performance? Well, Nguyen Hue street has something even greater to offer! And that is MULTIPLE live music performances! Yes, you have read that right! Nguyen Hue Square is a place where countless people perform and present their talents to the public. Immerse yourself in the vigorous and high-spirited atmosphere and enjoy the beauty of not only Vietnamese, but also International culture!
3.5. Enjoy Best Delicious Local Street Foods:
If you are a foodie, you don’t need to visit any other places because Nguyen Hue street food at night is full of mouth-watering regional and global dishes! From simple foods and Vietnamese Dessert such to international meals, Nguyen Hue street food has nothing but all to offer! It’s a Super Buffet of attractive dishes! Here’s a list of some of the most popular dishes and restaurants to try:
- Seafood at Binh Dien Market Seafood Restaurant (Price: 400.000 – 800.000 VNĐ/ $20 – $40 per person)
- Hot Pot and BBQ Buffet at Gogi House (Price: 300.000 – 500.000 VNĐ/ $15 – $25 per person)
- Vietnamese Noodles at Noodle Noodle (Price: 100.000 VNĐ/ $5 per person)
- Grass jelly and coconut milk dessert (Price: 80.000 VNĐ/ $4 per serving)
- Tacos and Churros (Price: 40.000 VNĐ/ $2 per serving)
- Hong Kong’s Egg tart (Price: 40.000 VNĐ/ $2 per serving)
- Chocolate Volcano (Price: 50.000 VNĐ/ $2.5 per serving) – MUST TRY
- Vietnamese skewers (Price: 25.000 VNĐ/ $1 per skewer)
3.6. Explore Some Stunning Coffee & Bars:
After enjoying a nice walk and munching on some snacks, the best thing to do is to find a nice seat on the balcony of a coffee shop so you can enjoy the magnificent view of the Nguyen Hue Pedestrian Street while appreciating the company of your loved ones. There is an abundance of cafés, tea rooms and milk tea shops along the avenue for you to try!
4. Nguyen Hue Walking Street Directions: How to Get There?
How to Get to Nguyen Hue Walking Street? A Piece of cake! Although visitors can drive to Nguyen Hue Street, it is advisable to travel by bus, by motorbike or on foot to avoid the heavy traffic jam during rush hours.
- By Motorbike: To reach Nguyen Hue Street from Nguyen Duc Canh Street, head to the city centre and make a right onto Ton Duc Thang Street, towards Bach Dang Wharf. Continue straight until you see Nguyen Hue on the right. There are numerous parking options available, including the City Post Office, Youth Cultural House, the Sofitel Plaza Hotel at 17 Le Duan, and sidewalk areas along Ham Nghi, Hai Trieu, Ho Tung Mau, etc.
- By Public Bus: Visitors to Ho Chi Minh City can take advantage of the convenient bus routes that pass by Nguyen Hue pedestrian street, including routes 03, 04, 124, 152, 19, and 93. Taking the bus not only saves money but also helps to alleviate traffic congestion. It may also provide an enjoyable experience for those visiting the city.
- On Foot: Nguyen Hue Street is about 10 Minutes walking from Bui Vien Backpacker ‘s Street. You can either use Google or get Grab Car! Simply use “Nguyen Hue street map” or “Nguyen Hue street” and voilá! You have arrived at Nguyen Hue street easily!
Best of Vietnam
Find your trip
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnamese People: Origin, History, Culture and Traditions
- Vietnam Currency: Best ATM and Places to Exchange Money
- Vietnam Map: Regions, Cities & Provinces Map of Vietnam
- What is illegal Things in Vietnam: Rules & Laws for Tourists
- Best Time to Travel to Vietnam to Avoid the Bad Weather
- Vietnam News: Population & Religions of 54 Ethnic Groups