Monkey Mountain (Bán Đảo Sơn Trà): Best Tourist Spot in Danang
Where is Monkey Mountain in Danang Vietnam?
Monkey Mountain (Son Tra peninsula) is located about 10 km northeast of Da Nang city center. Son Tra has an area of 60 square kilometers (23 square miles), a length of 13 kilometers (8.1 mi), a width of 5 kilometers (3.1 mi), the narrowest of 2 kilometers (1.2 mi). Son Tra peninsula with Hai Van pass surrounds Danang city and Danang bay.
What is the Best Time to visit Money Mountain?
The best time to visit Son Tra peninsula is from March to September because at this time, the climate here is very cool, airy, the road is also easier to travel, convenient for sightseeing activities and entertainment. Currently, Danang has Thuan Phuoc bridge to easily move to visit the Son Tra peninsula so traveling is no longer a concern for tourists.
What is the Best Things to see in Monkey Mountain?
1. Chess Board Peak (Đỉnh Bàn Cờ): Son Tra peak is called Chess Board Peak, one of the destinations that everyone is interested in. The road to the top of the mountain is twisted and winding, challenging, but beautiful and worth a visit.
2. Giant Banyan Tree: Located in the relic population of Son Tra peninsula, the giant tree has appeared for a long time without any scientist to confirm its true age.
Banyan tree flourishes with a large trunk with a circumference of up to 10m, around there are more than 20 other groomsmen, each root up to 25m symbolizes a strong will.
3. Linh Ung Pagoda: Linh Ung Pagoda is the largest temple in Da Nang today, built in combination with modern and traditional architecture. The temple was built on the middle of the mountain like a tortoise shell and leaned against the mountains, facing the sea.
The two right-hand sides are Cu Lao Cham Island and Hai Van Pass. Linh Ung Pagoda is home to the largest statue of Guan Yin (Lady Buddha) in the country. Every month on the 1st and 15th of the lunar calendar opens the door for people to come to offer incense. Located in a harmonious position between the Earth and the Sky, Linh Ung Pagoda is considered as a noble faith of man and is the only spiritual destination in Son Tra peninsula today.
Many Beautiful Beaches:
1. Black Rock Beach (Bãi Đá Đen): The black stone beach is one of the quite beautiful beaches in Son Tra with black stones intermingled to create beautiful gaps.
Thanks to the shielding of the rocks, the sea water is clear and the waves soothing, you can come here to immerse yourself in the cool water, participate in fishing activities or snorkeling.
2. Tien Sa Beach: Tien Sa Beach is a relatively pristine and quiet beach, suitable for resort activities and events on the sea. This place is associated with the legend of the fairy and is the inspiration in poetry. Coming here, you can take a walk along the smooth white sand, settle for fairy tales and immerse yourself in the fresh nature.
3. Bai Nam Beach: Bai Nam is the most beautiful beach of Son Tra peninsula, there is also a famous 4-star resort. South Beach is home to a high diversity of marine life with beautiful coral reefs. If you come here without trying the scuba diving game is indeed a very unfortunate thing.
4. Bai But Beach: Hidden in the strait, Bai beach is the most peaceful and has the most entertainment activities with windsurfing, skydiving, scuba diving ... Not only famous for its beauty, but this place is also considered Buddha realms of human world.
In addition to the places mentioned above, Son Tra peninsula is still new for you to visit, such as Golden Sand, Lighthouse, Rada airport and Rada radio, Vong Canh house, Vooc rub patch ... very attractive.
How to Get to Monkey Mountain (Son Tra Peninsula) in Da Nang?
If you stay in Hue or Hoi An, and would like to visit Monkey Mountain, then take a private car or motorbike with driver to visit Monkey Mountain, as that will be the best and safest way to travel. Also you can have free-mind to enjoy magnificant scenery on the travel way.
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Top 10 Weirdest Vietnamese Food
- Mekong Delta Travel Guide: Best Things to Do & Places to Visit
- Top 10 Hanoi Tourist Attractions
- Cu Chi Tunnels Vietnam Guide: Facts, Length, History with Map
- Things to know for Backpackers before Traveling to Vietnam
- Nguyen Dynasty - Last Royal Family in Vietnam with 13 Kings