Saigon Travel Guide
Best Hotels in Saigon
1. Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel: This tall tower with spacious, modern and business-like rooms couldn’t be better situated. Service is slick and there are impressive river views from the upper floor rooms, and the handkerchief-sized rooftop pool and bar
2. Villa Song Saigon: A charming getaway for travellers who prefer to be away from the bustle of the city, but still remain conveniently close to all it has to offer. It’s a quiet retreat along the banks of the Saigon River, set in a leafy neighbourhood among genteel villas and residences.
3. Hotel Majestic: Hotel Majestic Saigon, the first five-star hotel in Ho Chi Minh City, was established in 1925 by the richest Chinese businessman at the time — Mr. Hui Bon Hoa. Today, the hotel is known for its heritage, hospitality, and elegance. Located at No.1 Dong Khoi Street (Rue Catinat back then), the structure will send shivers down your spine with its evocative 1880 colonial façade. There are 175 rooms and suites for you to choose from, and if you can’t afford the price tags attached, just choose to dine in one of their six restaurants to see what it’s all about.
4. Caravelle Saigon: Once the tallest building in the region, The Caravelle opened on Christmas Eve, 1959. Its location was of importance during wartime Vietnam, providing the setting for countless professional and convivial meetings held by foreign war correspondents during the 60s and 70s. The hotel also housed multiple embassies and journalists’ offices back in the day. The Caravelle is located in the midst of Ho Chi Minh City’s business, shopping and entertainment district and whether you are traveling for business of pleasure, you will find every need met. Make sure to enjoy a drink at the rooftop bar, Saigon Saigon, where pictures on the wall will narrate stories about the role the hotel played during the Vietnam War.
5. Park Hyatt Saigon: Park Hyatt is a five-star, nine-story, luxury boutique hotel built in a French colonial building at Lam Son Square, a central location with all the sight-seeing attractions just steps from your room. You have 244 immaculate and stylish rooms and suites to choose from that redefine urban luxury, blending sophisticated design and décor with the latest modern comforts such as the use of iPads and sensor lighting. That means no more fumbling in the dark for light switches! The service is personalized, fast, friendly, efficient and almost telepathic – don’t be surprised if you’re about to ask the concierge for something only to get told that they’ve already put it in your room!
6. Hotel Nikko Saigon: Located on the outskirts of District 1, Hotel Nikko Saigon is a modern and minimalist five-star hotel from a Japanese conglomerate. An earthy color scheme of beige, caramel, soft browns, whites and other neutral colors dominate the décor of the place, and the modern, minimalist design extends down to the smallest of details. There are 334 rooms, suites and 53 apartments, and the hotel boasts an impressive selection of on-site facilities making your stay as comfortable as possible. We won’t blame you if you don’t leave the hotel premises during the length of your stay.
7. Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon: Renaissance Riverside Saigon, part of Mariott’s International portfolio, features 336 rooms and suites for guests to choose from. Everything here is first class, with spacious rooms, unbeatable views, and quality facilities. The Renaissance is a great choice to spoil yourselves during your few days in Ho Chi Minh City. After a busy day of sightseeing, it is the perfect place to head back to – relax by the pool with a refreshing fruit juice, enjoy an invigorating massage, and retreat back to your comfortable room and order in some room service for the rest of the night.
8. Sofitel Saigon Plaza: Sofitel Saigon Plaza offers 275 elegant rooms and 11 suites, along with a rooftop swimming pool, fitness center, business facilities, multiple dining and drinking venues, and a spa and wellness center. While you have every comfort within your reach, the rest of the city is too. Your stay is as easy as it gets. Make sure you take advantage of their complimentary bath time packages. If you call and ask for bath salts, you will get more than that – a bath table, candle and matches, a loofah, bath bombs and bath salts. It will be the bath of a lifetime.
9. Pullman Saigon Centre: The Pullman, Accor’s upscale brand, made its debut in Ho Chi Minh City in 2015, opening a 306-key structure in the heart of the city that reflects the brand’s cosmopolitan, vibrant and modern identity, perfectly capturing the essence of hospitality for upscale business and leisure travelers. This is a hotel that does not need advertising, everyone knows The Pullman. All rooms combine elements of contemporary design, modern comfort and technological connectivity, giving you the ultimate Pullman experience, satisfying even the most discerning of guests.
10. Ma Maison Boutique Hotel: Ma Maison aims to be your home away from home and is as cute as boutique hotels go. You only have a choice of 12 comfortable rooms, each packed with antique furniture and textiles in pale shades and elegant prints, capturing the warmth of the European countryside. All rooms come with the necessary amenities to make your stay comfortable, and the staff go above and beyond to make sure you have all you need. Make sure to book ahead, rooms run out fast!
Best of Vietnam
Find your trip
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnamese People: Origin, History, Culture and Traditions
- Vietnam Currency: Best ATM and Places to Exchange Money
- Vietnam Map: Regions, Cities & Provinces Map of Vietnam
- What is illegal Things in Vietnam: Rules & Laws for Tourists
- Best Time to Travel to Vietnam to Avoid the Bad Weather
- Vietnam News: Population & Religions of 54 Ethnic Groups