Hoi An Distributes Masks to Visitors Free of Charge
On January 29, Ms. Truong Thi Ngoc Cam, Director of the Culture, Sports and Broadcasting Center of Hoi An City, said that after 3 Tet days (1st, 2nd and 3rd) free to visit the old town, starting From 4 th of the entrance ticket to be sold again. At 11 ticket counters, the center staff will provide free medical masks for visitors wishing to use.
According to Mrs. Cam, this approach is to prevent the epidemic of pneumonia caused by nCoV virus for both tourists and local people. "Currently visitors to Hoi An have almost actively equipped masks when visiting," Mrs. Cam informed. No cases of nCoV have been detected in Hoi An but the risk of disease is high due to the large number of Chinese tourists visiting and staying.
To proactively prevent and control the disease, local authorities have established a Steering Committee for the prevention of acute respiratory infections caused by new strains of corona virus; Establish a hotline to receive information and handle suspected cases by phone numbers: 0914.478.489 or 0967.771.313.
"It is recommended that accommodation establishments absolutely should not discriminate and refuse to serve tourists, especially for Chinese tourists," said Mr. Nguyen Van Son, Vice Chairman of Hoi An City.
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Car Rental
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnamese Balut or Egg Embryo: Things You Need to Know
- Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi - Vietnam Travel Guide
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport - Ho Chi Minh City Guide
- Liberation Day & National Day: Public Holidays in Vietnam
- Vietnamese Zodiac & Elements: The Signs of 12 Animals
- Halong Bay - Choose 1 Day Trip or Overnight Cruise?