Procedures to Vietnam
1. Immigration procedure for visitors entering Viet Nam by sea:
(TITC) - Visitors receive and fill out the visa application form from Vietnamese tour operators (partners welcoming cruise visitors to Vietnam).
- When the ship docks, visitors ashore and present their passport so that Port Border Unit checks, compares and issues separate entry visa.
- Visitors manage their own passport and separate visa during sightseeing time in Viet Nam.
- When exiting Vietnam, visitors present their separate visa for Port Border Unit to stamp “Invalid” on visa.
- For international cruise ships which have the itinerary through many Vietnamese ports, visitors carry out entrance procedure at the first port; exit procedure at the last port; and checklist reference when get on and off ships at the other ports.
- The visa fee for visitors entering Vietnam by sea is USD5 per person.
2. International border gates where visitors are exempted the entrance and exit procedures:
To enter and exit Vietnam, visitors are required to fulfill the entrance and exit procedures in the form (in Vietnamese or in English languages). However, visitors needn’t fulfill the entrance and exit procedures in the form when they enter or exit Vietnam through the gates, including of international airports of Cat Bi (Hai Phong City), Noi Bai (Hanoi), Vinh (Nghe An Province), Phu Bai (Thua Thien – Hue Province), Da Nang (Da Nang City), Chu Lai (Quang Nam Province), Cam Ranh (Khanh Hoa Province), Lien Khuong (Lam Dong Province), Tan Son Nhat (Ho Chi Minh City), Can Tho (Can Tho City), Phu Quoc (Kien Giang Province); sea ports of Hai Phong (Hai Phong City), Hon Gai (Quang Ninh Province), Chan May (Thua Thien - Hue Province), Da Nang (Da Nang City), Quy Nhon (Binh Dinh Province), Nha Trang (Khanh Hoa Province), Ho Chi Minh City (Ho Chi Minh City), Vung Tau (Ba Ria - Vung Tau Province), Duong Dong (Kien Giang Province); the border gates of Huu Nghi (Lang Son Province), Lao Cai (Lao Cai Province), Mong Cai (Quang Ninh Province), Na Meo (Thanh Hoa Province), Nam Can (Nghe An Province), Cau Treo (Ha Tinh Province), Cha Lo (Quang Binh Province), Lao Bao (Quang Tri Province), Bo Y (Kon Tum Province), Hoa Lu (Binh Phuoc Province), Moc Bai and Xa Mat (Tay Ninh Province), Tinh Bien and Vinh Xuong (An Giang Province), Ha Tien (Kien Giang Province).
3. VAT Refund:
(TITC) - Since 1 July 2014, the VAT refund for purchases made in Vietnam by foreigners, overseas Vietnamese when leaving Vietnam has been officially implemented in 9 international border gates, including Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi), Da Nang International Airport (Da Nang City), Cam Ranh International Airport (Khanh Hoa Province), Phu Quoc International Airport (Kien Giang Province), Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City), Da Nang International Seaport (Da Nang City), Nha Trang International Seaport…
Find your trip
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Top 10 Weirdest Vietnamese Food
- Mekong Delta Travel Guide: Best Things to Do & Places to Visit
- Top 10 Hanoi Tourist Attractions
- Cu Chi Tunnels Vietnam Guide: Facts, Length, History with Map
- Things to know for Backpackers before Traveling to Vietnam
- Nguyen Dynasty - Last Royal Family in Vietnam with 13 Kings