Hanoi Travel Guide
Best Restaurants in Hanoi
Hanoi is the Capital city of Vietnam and much of the Vietnamese food you know come from Hanoi. This Capital city has a long history of making the finest ingredients, packing as much flavour as possible into their simple dishes. Add some amazing international cuisines into the mix and you have a recipe for some excellent dining experiences.
1. New Day Restaurant: No 72 P. Mã Mây, Hàng Buồm, Hoàn Kiếm, Hanoi
This Restaurant is located in Center of the Old Quarter surrounded by hundred of Restaurants, Bars and Shops. This Vietnamese Food Restaurant is very popular for local and tourist to try most authentic Vietnamese Food with very cheap price. You can either choose “Local Buffet Way” or order your favourite dishes from Menu.
2. The Hanoi Social Club: 6 Hội Vũ Lane, Hàng Bông Street, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội
As the name would suggest, The Hanoi Social Club is a popular hangout among the hip and trendy socialites of Hanoi. They often have musicians in to perform, which makes for intimate shows in a relaxing atmosphere. The menu centre around Mediterranean cuisine, with many excellent options for vegetarians as well. Whether you’re looking for a spot for brunch or a place to spend the evening, this is a fine choice.
3. Red Bean Restaurant: 94 P. Mã Mây, street, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
Located just a short walk from Hanoi’s Old Quarter, the Red Bean Restaurant features superb Vietnamese cuisine in a high-end setting. They have set menus for different tastes, as well as an à la carte menu with your local favourite – such as Bún Chả and Phở – and a delicious variety of dishes from around the world. Aside from offering some of the best food in the city, their drinks menu also has all your favourite cocktails, wines and freshly made juices.
4. The Hung Snake Restaurant: 8/64 Lane 161, Hoa Lâm Street, Việt Hưng, Long Biên, Hà Nội
Have you ever wondered what snake tastes like? Here’s the place for you to try this Vietnamese delicacy. They’re right in Lệ Mật, otherwise known as Snake Village – a popular day-trip destination in Hanoi. You can try snake cooked many different ways: sauteed, fried, steamed or even boiled in a porridge. And when you’re done, wash it all down with a glass of snake whiskey!
5. Chả Cá Thăng Long: No 6B Đường Thành, Cửa Đông, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
The menu at Chả Cá Thăng Long might not include many options, but that’s because you don’t need too many when you eat here. They’ve mastered their few dishes, and have become famous for them. Tourists have been making pilgrimages to this restaurant for years to try their chả cá, which speaks volumes about their reputation. People from Hanoi have a long history of excellent cuisine, so come try a place that has stood the test of time.
6. Home Hanoi Restaurant: 75 P. Nguyễn Đình Chiểu, Lê Đại Hành, Hai Bà Trưng, Hà Nội, Vietnam
With brick, wood and a deep, inviting yellow, this classic villa sets the perfect atmosphere for you to enjoy some of the finest seafood in the city – but that’s not all. Their menu is remarkably varied, with a delightful wine section and enough choices to keep you coming back again and again. It’s no wonder celebrities dine here, as Home Hanoi elevates the dining experience in this city.
7. Duc Long Kebab: 5 P. Lương Ngọc Quyến, Hàng Buồm, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
Don’t get us wrong, we could eat Vietnamese food every day and be perfectly happy – but sometimes you just want a big kebab to really dig your teeth into. For that, look no further than Bánh Mì Duc Long Kebab in Hanoi Old Quarter. They’ve made quite a name for themselves in the past couple of years, becoming one of the go-to restaurants in Hanoi. With great food at reasonable prices, it’s easy to see why.
8. Bun Cha Ta: 21 P. Nguyễn Hữu Huân, Lý Thái Tổ, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội
If you’re looking to try some fantastic bún chả – which is grilled pork, vermicelli noodles, veggies and spring rolls – then here’s one of the best spots in the city. They have a long history of serving this famous dish, and they’re only a short walk from Hoan Kiem Lake, so you really have no excuse.
9. Duong's Restaurant: 27 Ng. Huyện, Hàng Trống, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội
For top of the line Vietnamese cuisine, give Duong’s Restaurant a visit and let them pamper you with world-class service as you enjoy fantastic local dishes. This restaurant makes some of the best local food that you’ll ever taste. And if you want to take some of their skills home with you, be sure to sign up for one of their acclaimed cooking classes.
10. Essence Restaurant: 38A P. Trần Phú, Điện Biên, Ba Đình, Hà Nội
When it comes to contemporary decor, the Essence Restaurant sets the standard in Hanoi. They’re located in the hotel by the same name, which is one of the best in the area and attracts many clients with finer tastes. Their menu features staple Vietnamese dishes, but made with the kind of quality and care that makes Essence Restaurant a must-visit for those looking to enjoy exquisite local cuisine in a classy setting.
Best of Vietnam
Find your trip
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnamese People: Origin, History, Culture and Traditions
- Vietnam Currency: Best ATM and Places to Exchange Money
- Vietnam Map: Regions, Cities & Provinces Map of Vietnam
- What is illegal Things in Vietnam: Rules & Laws for Tourists
- Best Time to Travel to Vietnam to Avoid the Bad Weather
- Vietnam News: Population & Religions of 54 Ethnic Groups