- Enjoy the scenic journey along the Express Trung Luong Highway and take a leisurely boat trip around the four beautiful islands known as Dragon, Unicorn, Phoenix, and Tortoise islands.
- Visit the picturesque orchards and sample the freshly picked fruit at the invitation of friendly local farmers.
- Get on a rowing boat ride in the shadows of the water-coconut palms along the tiny canals of Ben Tre Province and experience the traditional rural lifestyle of the Mekong Delta inhabitants.
Inside Mekong Delta Day Tour
Mekong Delta Vietnam is the final destination of the mighty Mekong River, which winds its way from Tibet, through China, Burma, Laos, Cambodia, and finally into Vietnam. An incredibly fertile region, the Mekong Delta's prime industry is food production, producing approximately half of Vietnam's total agricultural output. Local life for villages in the area revolves around the rivers and canals that make up the delta, so much so that people are more likely to transport by river than road.
07.30 - 08.00: Our Friendly English Speaking Tour Guide & Driver will pick you up from your Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City Center (around Ben Thanh Market) to depart for Mekong Delta 1 Day Tour. Today, we will head to Ben Tre province – the hometown of Coconut Tree & Coconut Products.
Upon arrival, visit Vinh Trang Pagoda which sated back to the late 19th century. Then boarding the sampan and cruising down the river around the four beautiful islands known as Dragon, Unicorn, Phoenix and Tortoise islands.
Stop over at Unicorn Island, go walking around country lane and seeing orchards, enjoy tropical fruits, folk song music which performed by the local people. Visit the fruit plantation.
Riding a hand-rowed sampan through Thoi Son canal and treat yourself in the beauty of the countryside, visit the family business, visit honey-bee farm, enjoy honey tea and coconut candy workshop.
Have lunch with Local Vietnamese Food at local restaurant. Then having break time.
In the afternoon, time for cycling around the Tan Thach village, meet the local villagers to experience the local daily life in the Mekong delta. Hammock relaxing and enjoy cool breeze for those can’t join the cycling trip.
Return to Saigon / Ho Chi Minh City. Our tour guide and driver will drop you off at city center, and we finish our fantastic Mekong Delta Discovery Day Trip at around 17:30.
Tour Price: 33 USD /Person - Daily Small Group - Max 12 Persons
Tour Inclusions: Modern AC mini-van, Informative English Speaking Guide, Mineral Water & Towel, Boat Cruise, Set Menu Lunch at local restaurant.
Tour Exclusions: Personal expenses, Drinks/Beverages (available to purchase), Tips for Tour Guide and Driver if Excellent Services, Travel Insurance.
Other Saigon Tours You Might Like
Find your trip
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Vietnamese People: Origin, History, Culture and Traditions
- Vietnam Currency: Best ATM and Places to Exchange Money
- Vietnam Map: Regions, Cities & Provinces Map of Vietnam
- Best Time to Travel to Vietnam to Avoid the Bad Weather
- What is illegal Things in Vietnam: Rules & Laws for Tourists
- Best Local Food That Should Not Be Missed in Hanoi Vietnam