- Walking around historical Imperial Citadel (Forbidden Purple City)
- Learning about royal family before and after life with local experts
- Visiting to the most well-known 7 Floor Thien Mu pagoda and Royal Tombs
- Learning about importance of Buddhism to our Vietnamese local life
- Enjoying Refreshing Dragon Boat Cruise on Romantic Perfume River
Hue City One Day Tour from Danang & Hoi An
Hue City was the Capital of Vietnam during the Nguyen Dynasty from 1802-1945. During this period, Nguyen Kings built Imperial Citadel (Forbidden City), Royal Tombs, Pagodas,... for Royal Family Daily Activities and After Death as well. During 2 Wars in Vietnam, Hue Monuments got seriously destroyed by Bombs (1947 and 1968). But in 1993, after being recogninzed by UNESCO to be World Cultural Heritage. We have been restoring Monuments, and today you will chance to visit Hue Best Tourist Attractions and learn about rich History and Culture of Hue with our local expert - Hue Day Tour from Danang/Hoi An & Return.
7.30AM - 8.00AM: Our experienced driver will pick you up from your hotel in Hoi An or Danang by private car to transfer to Hue city, where our local expert will meet you for touring. We start with a visit to Imperial Citadel (1804 - 1833). It’s within these 21 metre-thick and 10 kilometre-long walls that you’ll find several of the city’s best sites, from the many Ornate Pagodas, Nine Holy Cannons, Flag Tower, Supreme Harmony Palace, Nine Dynastic Urns, Dynastic Temple,... to the Forbidden Purple City. The area took 29 years for 2 Kings to build from 1804 to 1833, many of the buildings were destroyed by bombs during the French War and Amerian War, and nowaday some of them are still under restoration.
- Lunch Break will be Optional Hue Local Specialty Food in Vietanmese Restaurant.
We then pay a visit to the Oldest and Most Well-known Thien Mu Pagoda, a beautiful Buddhist temple complex that is located on a hill overlooking to the Perfume River built in 1601 by the first founder of the Nguyen Family in Central Vietnam - Nguyen Hoang. Here you also find an old car and picture of a Buddhist Monk, who set himself in fire in 1963 to protest against Ngo Dinh diem Gorvernment of South Vietnam for Free Religion.
After admiring seven tiers Thien Mu Pagoda, we will enjoy Refreshing Dragon Boat Cruise on Perfume River back to Hue city where our driver is waiting to take you to visit one of 3 Best Royal Tombs of the Nguyen's Kings: Minh Mang Tomb / Tu Duc Tomb / Khai Dinh Tomb to learn about Royal Family after Life and how important the Tomb is to our Vietnamese People.
After learning about rich history and culture of Hue and Royal Family, our local expert will say goodbye to you and our driver will take you back to Hoi An or Danang. We expect to finish our Hue Day Tour from Danang - Hoi An at about 5.00 PM - 5.30PM.
3 – 4
Price / Person
Tour Inclusions: Private Transfer from Danang/Hoi An & Return, Dragon Boat Cruise on Perfume River, Informative English speaking Guide in Hue.
Tour Exclusions: Food & Drinks, Hue Entry Tickets, Personal Expenses, Tips/Gratuities for Tour Guide and Driver, Things not mentioned clearly.
- Decent clothes (or bring scarf) to cover your shoulders and knees are recommended for temples visit, please.
- Hue Entry Ticket Price/Adult: 200.000 VND/Citadel/Adult, 150.000 vnd/Royal Tomb/Adult (Minh Mang, Khai Dinh or Tu Duc Kings).
- This itinerary is flexible. Contact our travel consultant to customize your own Hue City 1 Day Tour from Danang & Hoi An.
Other Hoi An Tours You Might Like
Find your trip
Vietnam Best Tours
Vietnam Travel Blog
- Best Ways to Get from Hue to Hoi An and Vice Versa
- Main Programs and Schedule of Hue Festival 2020
- Hue Sightseeing Ticket Price in 2020
- Tu Lan Caves System - the Unreal World in Central Vietnam
- Mui Ne Beach: Vietnam's Best Sand Dunes in Phan Thiet City
- Ru Cha Mangrove Forest - Discovering pristine beauty of Hue Countryside