1.Pilot grant of e-visas:
- The pilot grant of e-visa has been applied within 2 years since 1 February 2017 for foreigners from 40 countries in Asia, Europe and Americas. The border gates allowing foreigners to enter and exit by e-visas include 28 ones, consisting of 8 air ones, 13 land ones, and 7 sea ones. E-visas granted through electronic transaction system are single-entry visas with validity of 30 days. Fee for e-visa is USD 25.
List of 40 countries whose citizens are granted e- visas entering Viet Nam:
Asia: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Brunei, China (not apply to Chinese e-passport holders), Japan, Kazakhstan, Myanmar, Mongolia, Philippines, Republic of Korea, and Timor Leste.
Europe: Belarus, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Poland, Romani, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, and United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Americas: Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Cuba, Panama, Peru, Uruguay, United States of America, and Venezuela.
List of international border gates allowing foreigners to enter and exit by e-visas:
Air border gates: International airports of Noi Bai, Tan Son Nhat, Cam Ranh, Da Nang, Cat Bi, Can Tho, Phu Quoc and Phu Bai.
Land border gates: International land border gates of Mong Cai, Huu Nghi, Lao Cai, Nam Can, Cau Treo, Cha Lo, Lao Bao, Bo Y, Moc Bai, Tinh Bien, Song Tien, Xa Mat and Ha Tien.
Sea border gates: ports of Hon Gai, Hai Phong, Nha Trang, Da Nang, Quy Nhon, Vung Tau and Ho Chi Minh City.
Procedures for applying e-visas:
- Accessing the website https://www.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn or https://www.immigration.gov.vn to fill in the declaration form.
- Receiving a code for his/her dossier and paying visa fee at the website.
- Within 3 working days since the full receipt of information and fee, the Immigration Department (Ministry of Public Security) replies the e-visa applicants at the website.
- The e-visa applicants use granted code to check the result and print out their e-visa
Most visitors to Viet Nam need a visa to enter the country. Visas are exempted for the citizens of the countries which have signed a bilateral or unilateral visa exemption agreement with Viet Nam.
Overseas Vietnamese and foreigners who are spouses or children of overseas Vietnamese or Vietnamese citizens are exempt from visa requirements to enter Viet Nam and are allowed to stay for not more than 6 months if they have and passports or international travel documents with the validity of at least 01 year and papers proving eligibility as prescribed. Visa exemption paper (VEP) is valid for not more than 5 years and expires at least 6 months prior to the expiry date of holder’s passport or international travel document. For more information, please visit the website: http://mienthithucvk.mofa.gov.vn/
Bilateral visa exemption agreement
- Citizens of Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Cambodia and Laos holding valid ordinary passports are exempt from visa requirements and are allowed to stay for not more than 30 days; Philippines is allowed to stay for not more than 21 days; Brunei and Myanmar citizens are allowed to stay for not more than 14 days; Chilean citizens are allowed to stay for not more than 90 days and vice versa.
- By August 2017, citizens of 81 countries holding valid diplomatic or official passports are exempt from visa requirements and vice versa, including: Argentina, Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Dominica, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Italia, Israel, Ivory Coast, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Macedonia, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nicaragua, North Korea, Kuwait, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arad Emirates (U.A.E), Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela.
Duration of stay is applied for each specific object. For more information, please visit the website: lanhsuvietnam.gov.vn
Unilateral visa exemption
- Foreigners and Vietnamese people holding foreign passports are allowed to stay in Phu Quoc Island for not more than 30 days without visa. In case foreigners who transit via an international gate of Viet Nam (including by air or sea) and then to Phu Quoc Island later also exempt from visa requirements.
- Visa with 30-day validity is exempted for officials from ASEAN secretariat holding different kinds of passports.
- From 01 January 2015 to the end of 31 December 2019, citizens of Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Japan, South Korea and Russia holding different kinds of passports are exempt from visa requirements and are allowed to stay for not more than 15 days.
- From 1 July 2015 to end of 30 June 2018, citizens of the United Kingdom, the French Republic, the Federal Republic of Germany, the Kingdom of Spain and the Italian Republic holding different kinds of passports are exempt from visa requirements and are allowed to stay for not more than 15 days.
- From 1 July 2015 to end of 30 June 2020, citizens of the Republic of Belarus holding different kinds of passports are exempt from visa requirement and are allowed to stay for not more than 15 days.
- Visa is issued by competent authorities of Viet Nam in foreign countries. Visa on arrival is possibly issued in some special cases. For more, please visit the website https://visa.mofa.gov.vn.
- Documents for visa application: 01 application form (in provided format) with an attached 4x6cm photo; passport or passport substitute that its validity must be at least 01 month longer than the applied visa validity .
- Tourist visa is valid for up to 3 months.
3. Procedure and regulations for foreign vehicles to Viet Nam:
Procedure for foreign vehicles to Viet Nam
- The people driving left side steering wheel used cars under 9 seats, left side steering wheel used home-cars and motorbikes to Viet Nam for tourism purpose must contact with international tour operators of Viet Nam to complete approval procedure. The necessary documents include: passport (or alternative documents) with the validity of at least 6 months since the date of entrance, visa, valid vehicle registration certificate, suitable driving license. Specifically, valid certifications about engineering and environmental protection are required for cars.
- Within 3 working days since the full receipt of valid documents from international tour operators of Viet Nam, Vietnamese Ministry of Transport would issue document on approving or disapproving (specifying reasons) for foreign vehicles to Viet Nam.
Regulations for foreign vehicles when taking part in traffic in Viet Nam
- Following guide-vehicles with logo or symbol flag of international tour operators of Viet Nam.
- Taking part in traffic in the allowed routes and time according to the regulations in the approval document on foreign vehicles to Viet Nam of Vietnamese Ministry of Transports.
- Obeying law of road traffic of Viet Nam and taking the requested documents to complete procedure to Viet Nam, valid civil liability insurance certificate of vehicle’s owner in Viet Nam and temporary import certificate of the vehicle.
4. Immigration procedure for visitors entering Viet Nam by sea:
- Visitors receive and fill out the visa application form from Vietnamese tour operators (partners welcoming cruise visitors to Viet Nam).
- When the ship docks, visitors ashore and present their passport so that Port Border Unit checks, compares and issues separate entry visa.
- Visitors manage their own passport and separate visa during sightseeing time in Viet Nam.
- When exiting Viet Nam, visitors present their separate visa for Port Border Unit to stamp “Invalid” on visa.
- For international cruise ships which have the itinerary through many Vietnamese ports, visitors carry out entrance procedure at the first port; exit procedure at the last port; and checklist reference when get on and off ships at the other ports.
- The visa fee for visitors entering Viet Nam by sea is USD5 per person.
Luggage of people on entry and exit (including clothes, personal belongings with reasonable quantity in service of the trip's purpose) must be declared in case as follow:
- Luggage exceeding duty free concessions;
- Luggage sent before or after the traveller;
- Imports and exports under regulation of the State;
- Professional equipment temporarily imported and re-exported or vice versa;
- Addictive medication;
- Jewelry gold, fine-art gold exceeding 300g;
- Drafts, cheque or precious metals, precious stones with a value of more than VND 300 million;
- Foreign currency exceeding USD 5,000 (five thousand) or its equivalent in other foreign currency, or more than VND 15,000,000 (fifteen million) in cash.
Goods prohibited for import: weapons, ammunition, explosives, military equipment, drugs, toxic chemicals, immoral and reactionary products, firecrackers of all kinds, toys with a negative impact on education, and social security, cigarettes beyond the quantity stipulated, some consumer goods, materials and vehicles have used, ingot gold, raw material gold...
Goods prohibited for export: weapons, ammunition, explosives, military equipment, antiques, drugs, toxic chemicals, wild animals, endangered animals and plants, documents related to national security, ingot gold, raw material gold...
Duty free concessions for arriving passengers:
- Liquor: 1.5 litres of liquor above 22° alcohol; 2.0 litres of liquor below 22°; 3 litres of alcoholic beverages;
- Cigarettes: 200 pieces; Cigars: 100 pieces; Tobacco: 500g;
- A reasonable quantity of clothes and personal belongings related to the purpose of the trip;
- Articles other than those mentioned above (excluding the list of goods banned for import or subject to conditional import) with total a value not exceeding VND 10,000,000 (ten million).
Note: Foreigners carrying luggage, in excess of duty-free quotas to be given as presents and gifts with a total value not exceeding VND 1,000,000 (one million) will be exempt from taxes.
Adventure Journey - a Brand name of Adventure Discovery Tours - is an International Tour Operator licensed by Vietnam Tourism Department to organize Tours and Holidays for international travelers in Vietnam. With many years leading and guiding tours through out Vietnam. We have been working with the best local vendors along the way to make sure that all of our customers get the best experiences at the best price without compromising of service quality!
Passionate Local Team
All of our staffs were born and grew up from local regions and have been enriched, accumulated vast of knowledge and experience in travel industry, moreover knowing what and how travellers want to experience. With much excitement, passion and experience, we are offering you different style of travel that surely enhance your travel experience when you come to visit our country.
Adventure Journey aims to take you off the beaten tracks to see the real deal of the country by bicycles, motorcycles or smaller four wheel vehicles according to your choices. We will create you more chance to blend in the local life, participating many ordinary daily life and handicraft activities. All of simple activities, meeting and sharing stories with local people create great fond memories to bring home as the remainder of your travel experience.