Hoi An City
Hoi An is located in Quang Nam Province, 30km South from Da Nang city. This beautiful old city was the land of Cham Pa Kingdom before 15th century.
Hoi An at Night
From 2nd century, Cham People inhabited along the Central Coast of present Vietnam. They were famous in trading spices and ceramic with Meditaranian People and Himdusim was introduced to Cham People from that time. From the 4th century, Hidusim became the national religion of Cham Pa Kingdom and the Champa Kings started to build My Son to be Cham Tower Complex to worship Gods of Hindusim – Shiva, Vishnu, Brama,… Hoi An became a port for Cham People to transport building materials to My Son for contructions.
Until 16th century, Hoi An started to become well-known port for trading in Southeast Asia under Vietnamese Nguyen Lords with a lot of Chinese, Japanese, European people to come. Hoi An then developed very quickly until 19th century when Nguyen Kings decided to close down this port city. The result was that Hoi An remained almost untouched by the changes to Vietnam over the next 200 years.
Today, the town is a tourist attraction because of its history, traditional architecture and crafts such as textiles and ceramics. Many bars, hotels, and resorts have been constructed both in Hoi An and the surrounding area. The port mouth and boats are still used for both fishing and tourism. In 2003, Hoi An was recognized by UNESCO to be World Cultural Heritage.
Things to do in Hoi An:
My Son Holyland
- Walking Tour: Hoi An is a UNESCO world heritage site, many of its ancient traditional wooden framed buildings have been meticulously preserved and retained gorgeous cultural design features. You can buy a ticket from the main tourist board that lets you into 6 of the maintained sites in the town for 120.00vnd. You by no means need to buy this ticket to witness the charm of Hoi An, there is just as much to experience without the ticket. Hoi An is the only town in Vietnam to have a ban on all motorized vehicles in the old quarter, while walking you can take a pleasant break from the beeping horns, pollution and dances with death you may face elsewhere.
- Cycling Tour: Go and grab two wheels and spend the day pottering through the rice paddy fields, flower villages and meeting the locals.
- Sight Visiting: Visit one of the many lavishly decorated Chinese, Japanese and Vietnamese Temples, Pagodas and community assembly halls . Don’t forget to cover your shoulders and knees before you enter.
- Tailored Made: If you don’t want to take your chances with the tailors and feel overwhelmed trying to find something culturally fashionable in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City, Hoi An has recently become a mecca for artistic Asia inspired mid market fashion labels. Do not waste your chance while being in Hoi An.
- Beach Basking: Just 20 minute cycle from Hoi An center and going through the countryside and over rivers to Anh Banh Beach or a bit busy road to Cua Dai Beach. During the day the soft sandy beach has plenty of sun lounges, beach bars and turquoise sea to swim in. Evenings hold a laid back bohemian vibe with live music, BBQs and bonfires over the weekend.
Adventure Journey - a Brand name of Adventure Discovery Tours - is an International Tour Operator licensed by Vietnam Tourism Department to organize Tours and Holidays for international travelers in Vietnam. With many years leading and guiding tours through out Vietnam. We have been working with the best local vendors along the way to make sure that all of our customers get the best experiences at the best price without compromising of service quality!
Passionate Local Team
All of our staffs were born and grew up from local regions and have been enriched, accumulated vast of knowledge and experience in travel industry, moreover knowing what and how travellers want to experience. With much excitement, passion and experience, we are offering you different style of travel that surely enhance your travel experience when you come to visit our country.
Adventure Journey aims to take you off the beaten tracks to see the real deal of the country by bicycles, motorcycles or smaller four wheel vehicles according to your choices. We will create you more chance to blend in the local life, participating many ordinary daily life and handicraft activities. All of simple activities, meeting and sharing stories with local people create great fond memories to bring home as the remainder of your travel experience.